This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Pass Renewal Question

I'm not a local CA resident like most of AP holders so I have a question about the AP renewal process...

If you don't renew your annual pass by the final day, are you still able to 'renew' it say 6 months from the day it expired or do you have to go through the process of purchasing a brand new AP?

In other words, would I be able to go to Guest Relations and 'renew' it after it expired or would I have to get my picture taken again and all of that? I am curious since they would likely still have my photo and information on file.

It doesn't make sense for me to renew it living where I do (Philly) and not maybe being able to use it until maybe 6 to 8 months after the date I would be technically forced to renew it on.

I appreciate any information anyone can provide me -- thanks!!

Re: Annual Pass Renewal Question

I think once it expires you can no longer "renew" it, you would have to purchace an entirely new AP at full price (you wouldn't get the discount by renewing before the expiration). But the picture might still be in the computer system and they probably could still use that photo without having to get a new one, unless you wanted a new photo.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by KISSman View Post
      I'm not a local CA resident like most of AP holders so I have a question about the AP renewal process...

If you don't renew your annual pass by the final day, are you still able to 'renew' it say 6 months from the day it expired or do you have to go through the process of purchasing a brand new AP?

In other words, would I be able to go to Guest Relations and 'renew' it after it expired or would I have to get my picture taken again and all of that? I am curious since they would likely still have my photo and information on file.
      You can buy an AP pass and then go to Guest Services or the Bank and they will still have the pic in the computer. You don't renew, you get a new date. But it is much easier than the very first one. Ours expired in April and we will "renew" in July with new passes.
      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Oh great -- thank you!

I'm not that concerned about the discount part that I'll miss out on. I just would prefer not to have to go through the picture process and such a second time.

I just know I won't get the same value out of the pass if I renew it when Disney wants me to just for the sake of keeping the membership uninterrupted.

Very helpful -- thanks again!!

Comment

Exactly Kiss. If you don't plan on going to Dland for 6 months or so it's better to pay the non-discounted amount and get the extra 6 months.

Chad

Comment

How much is the discount anyway?
            Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
              How much is the discount anyway?
              If I recall, I think it is 10 or 20 bucks. Cetainly worth bypassing and having the additional time.

Chad

Comment

$20 ... I always thought that that $20 was the picture price... You renew it online and you have to keep your picture...my picture is terrible but if I can save $20 then so be it... however after so many times reusing the same picture you start to see if fade with the new passes. At least I do...

Comment

Just to clarify, so if I had a DAP (which I did, and it expired May 10) I can go to City hall in a month, 'renew' it, pay the full amount, but skip the new photo and info providing. That should save a little time, right?

Any ideas on when the best time to go renew? (is it still City Hall, or the bank?) Thanks guys!

Comment

my pass before last expired in december and I renewed in april of 06. My last pass expires april of 07 and I renewed in may 07 at guest relations. i did not have to take a new picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                      Just to clarify, so if I had a DAP (which I did, and it expired May 10) I can go to City hall in a month, 'renew' it, pay the full amount, but skip the new photo and info providing. That should save a little time, right?

Any ideas on when the best time to go renew? (is it still City Hall, or the bank?) Thanks guys!
                      I went to guest relations outside of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                        I went to guest relations outside of the park.
                        Same here. Expired in Sept, renewed in Dec and went to Guest Services outside the gates. Very quick and easy.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Hi Max, you can go to the bank inside the park, or to Guest Services to the left of teh Disneyland turnstiles. I usually go there as its faster.
                          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Earkid View Post
                            Same here. Expired in Sept, renewed in Dec and went to Guest Services outside the gates. Very quick and easy.

Dumb question alert!!

Where is guest services outside the gate? I never knew that was an option. Do I need anything special to upgrade, or just my tickets so I can pay the difference? Thanks

Comment

Oh, sorry, I just read guest services is to the left of the turnstiles. Are they open early, like 30 minutes before the resort opens?

The big thing I want to avoid is that huge line at the ticket windows. That is a rookie mistake, and I don't want to wait there again!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X