Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite DL and DCA restaurants?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite DL and DCA restaurants?

Looking for three good places to have lunch at DL/DCA. What are some of your favorite places to grab lunch. Right now I already have the French Market picked out for one day, has anyone ate here before and if so did you like it? Going to DL for two days and DCA for 1 day during our week long visit to Souther Cal.

Re: What's your favorite DL and DCA restaurants?

In DCA I like the Cove Bar, Golden Vine Trattoria and Award Weiners. In DL the Corndog Cart and New Oleans Cafe.
    Mike

Comment

Taste Pilot in DCA
      Hungry Bear and Pizza Port in DLR
      DTD...that pizza place right at the beginning by the World of Disney store is really good.

Comment

We LOVE the French Market. We eat there at least once, sometimes twice, a trip. We also enjoy the Mexican Restaurant by Thunder Mountain. Oh Yeah, and we enjoy the bacon cheese burger at Village Haus (I got slammed on another web site for saying we liked this place).
        "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

At DL-Cafe Orleans or a skewer from Bengal BBQ
          DCA-Trattoria or Cove Bar
          DTD-ESPN Zone
          Hotels-White Water Cafe, Steakhouse 55 and a special fondness for chicken nachos at Lost Bar

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

DLR- Bengal Barbeque

For the love of God, DO NOT go to Rancho Del Zoccola, that place is worse than your grade school cafeteria, trust me. Seriously, I would rather go hungry than eat there, it seriously sucks so bad, there are no words.

DCA- Taste Pilots Grill

Enjoy your trip!

Comment

taste pilots grill- ribs and criss cut fries
              If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Comment

Someone once posted a picture of some amazing looking Lobster Nachos. I think they came from a bar, but I don't know which one. Anyone remember?

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                  Someone once posted a picture of some amazing looking Lobster Nachos. I think they came from a bar, but I don't know which one. Anyone remember?
                  Cove Bar. They have a great bbq chicken pizza too

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                    DLR- Bengal Barbeque

For the love of God, DO NOT go to Rancho Del Zoccola, that place is worse than your grade school cafeteria, trust me. Seriously, I would rather go hungry than eat there, it seriously sucks so bad, there are no words.

You say potato, I say mango. I like the food at "The Ranch". There are some entre's that are really not that good, but the rest is quite good and filling. To each his own, eh brother? We also like Red Rocket's Pizza Port in TL, lots for the kids to choose from and decent prices too.

DCA Never been to Cove Bar or some of the nicer places. Usually go to White water or Award weiners. Love BRRRRBank ice cream too. Taste Pilot's always leaves me wondering if there should have been better or more food, but you can't beat being able to dress up your own burger to taste.

Is Cove Bar some place I should take the kids (12 and 15), or save it for just the wife and myself. That is what has kept us away for the most part, not knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by FREQDUDE View Post
                      You say potato, I say mango. I like the food at "The Ranch". There are some entre's that are really not that good, but the rest is quite good and filling. To each his own, eh brother? We also like Red Rocket's Pizza Port in TL, lots for the kids to choose from and decent prices too.

DCA Never been to Cove Bar or some of the nicer places. Usually go to White water or Award weiners. Love BRRRRBank ice cream too. Taste Pilot's always leaves me wondering if there should have been better or more food, but you can't beat being able to dress up your own burger to taste.

You like that place? If that's the case man, you're right, everyone can like what they like, and you have my full respect. I am a Mexican food aficionado, and that place just doesn't make it happen. IMHO, you can get better Mexican food at any place with 'bertos' at the end of the name. I just find that place has no soul whatsoever. Very bland, tasteless. I really prefer the flavor and soul of independent restaurants, which is obviously not an option at DLR, but I think they could easily do better with the food there. Grill some carne asada, make real salsa, with real ingredients. Everything tastes like it came right out of the SYSCO bag, which is highly likely.

Comment

At DL I would have to say Bengal BBQ, River Belle and the Carnation Cafe. The only thing good at Pizza Port is the Chicken Fusilli. Long ago there used to be the Big Thunder BBQ where they served ribs and chicken. That was excellent food! I sure miss that place. They also used to have the House of Omelettes (sp). They served wonderful breakfast there. There was also the Fried Chicken house (Haunted Mansion is there now) that served fried chicken with biscuits and honey.

As for DCA, Ariel's Grotto served good food as well as the Pilot's Grill.

Comment

I love the chicken at the Plaza Inn and they have the yummiest strawberry shortcake.

Comment

Plaza Inn
                            Carnation Cafe
                            Rancho Del Zocalo - only the salads thought
                            Storytellers Cafe (In Grand Californian)

Wife and I also enjoy Rainforest Cafe in DTD - she gets the buffalo chicken salad and they have a really good BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger that I like.

Comment

We always have to eat at Red Rocket's Pizza Port at least once. We share the chicken fusili and not only is it affordable that way, its such a big serving that we both have plenty.

We also enjoy Blue Bayou for lunch. Our dinner experience last year was very bad so we've arranged for lunch this time.

For snack I crave fritters in New Orleans square.

We have made it a tradition to have character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen in the DL Hotel. We enjoy the buffett and our little one (she was born with a rare genetic disorder and doesn't eat solids) can enjoy the meal. She can visit with the characters and not just watch us eat.

Of course, there are always Dole Whips at the Tiki Room!
                              "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

sigpic
                              All means ALL

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X