What's your favorite DL and DCA restaurants?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VegasMike21
    New MiceChatter
    • May 2007

What's your favorite DL and DCA restaurants?

Looking for three good places to have lunch at DL/DCA. What are some of your favorite places to grab lunch. Right now I already have the French Market picked out for one day, has anyone ate here before and if so did you like it? Going to DL for two days and DCA for 1 day during our week long visit to Southern California.
  • dolewhipman
    Banned User
    • Feb 2007

Re: What's your favorite DL and DCA restaurants?

I really like the French Market; However, I prefer Storytellers. A little more expensive, but if you split with someone (and trust me- with thier preportions you can) it isn't that much.

(Also don't forget the Dole-Whip stand)

Comment

• VegasMike21
      New MiceChatter
      • May 2007

Originally posted by dolewhipman View Post
      I really like the French Market; However, I prefer Storytellers. A little more expensive, but if you split with someone (and trust me- with thier preportions you can) it isn't that much.

(Also don't forget the Dole-Whip stand)
      I'll look into Storytellers. And yes Dole Whips are a must! I used to get them all the time in WDW.

Comment

• crystaltink
        The Delicate Tinkerbell
        • Feb 2007

French Market is good if you want a full lunch meal. If you want something light, I go to Hungry Bear in Critter Country. Their sandwiches there are really good..

as far as DCA is concerned, I have an addiction to Golden Vine. Their pasta's are fantastic, and if you love wine then it makes it that much better.

Comment

• RobotMirror
          Neep meep beep
          • Apr 2006

Would you consider the restaurants in Downtown Disney a few steps away? If so, then ESPN Zone and Catal are good choices. Whitewater Snacks and the Napa Rose are wonderful, and I like Carnation Cafe in Disneyland for lunch or breakfast.

Comment

• MaryAnn in Wndrlnd
            Miss Marvel
            • Sep 2006

You might want to check out this recent thread:

I will repost my responses here for your convenience.

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
            DCA LOVE: Boudin Pacific Wharf Cafe (salads and soups in YUMMY sourdough bread bowls baked that day ON PREMISES!), Cove Bar (lobster nachos!),

DCA HATE: I've never eaten anywhere else!

DTD LOVE: Jazz Kitchen (Coconut Shrimp and Raw Oysters),

DTD HATE: Naples Ristorante (AWFUL pasta sauces)

Disneyland LOVE: Cafe Orleans (Shrimp Salad, Pommes Frites!!!!), River Belle Terrace (Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl with Green Salad, you don't get it with a salad anywhere else in the park), Bengal BBQ (meat and veggie skewers), French Market (almost anything I have there is good, it's cafeteria style French Quarter food, EXCELLENT Desserts), Redd Rockett's (don't care for the pizza, but the pasta is surprisingly good)

Disneyland HATE: I don't hate anything, all the food is at least acceptable, it's just that I try to avoid the burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers (etc.), as I can get that stuff anywhere, and for better prices.
            Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
            Well, you didn't ask for good snacks, but here's my vote anyways.

Tiki Room Juice Bar: DOLE WHIPS, drool

Churro Cart: overcharging, but I've never had a better churro than at DL

Frozen Banana at Ice Cream Cart: YUM

Gibson Girl: Sundaes, oh my gosh Sundaes

Pooh's Corner: hand made fudge, cookies, chocolate covered everything (Cookies, Marshmallows, Fruit, etc.), caramel apples.........
            "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
            "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

• MaryAnn in Wndrlnd
              Miss Marvel
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
              Would you consider the restaurants in Downtown Disney a few steps away? If so, then ESPN Zone and Catal are good choices. Whitewater Snacks and the Napa Rose are wonderful, and I like Carnation Cafe in Disneyland for lunch or breakfast.
              Question. Why does everyone like Whitewater? The one time my husband I went, we weren't disappointed; but we weren't impressed. We thought it was comparable to other burger/snack places in the resort. What am I missing?
              "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
              "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

• Rocker
                I Don't Care
                • Sep 2006

My favorite restaraunt in the DLR probably has to be the Main Street Plaza Inn. I love thier pasta alfredo, and my Dad always gets fried chicken. I did have their pot roast once, but it was too heavy for me LOL!

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

• ceecee D
                  MiceChatter
                  • Mar 2007

Whitewater is cheap (in a relative sense) and has large servings for the money. 2 of my teenagers can share a kids meal and be full. Its not gourmet eating, just cheap and filling.

Comment

• VegasMike21
                    New MiceChatter
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by ceecee D View Post
                    Whitewater is cheap (in a relative sense) and has large servings for the money. 2 of my teenagers can share a kids meal and be full. Its not gourmet eating, just cheap and filling.
                    Where's Whitewater, in one of the hotels?

Comment

• zeppelindude
                      MiceChatter
                      • Oct 2006

My favorite @ DL is The one hosted by ortega, like Rancho something

at DCA its a tie between that one next to soarin or Award Weiners
                      Angels Fan, born and raised.
                      Come on you Galaxy.

Comment

• hidnmickey
                        Ex-DL parade float driver
                        • Aug 2005

At DL, try the Plaza Inn! They have the best fried chicken I've ever had. Also, their cobb salad is 'da bomb'. :o)
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

• doombuggy driver
                          Haunted Mansion Lover
                          • Sep 2006

Here are reviews of the restaurants in the resorts:

http://www./cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?...%20Restaurants

Just click on the areas you are interested in and read away!

I also vote for Whitewater Snacks (located outside of the Grand Californian bye the pool). They have the most amazing Chicken Nachos in the world and the portions are plentiful!!!!!!
                          Foolish Mortal
                          sigpic

Comment

• All4dISNEY
                            At one w/ our Disneyness
                            • Mar 2007

I'm hearing tell of some AWESOME Lobster Nachos at the Cove bar (above Ariel's grotto) in DCA....I haven't tried them yet but most certainly will on my next visit! I *CAN* (and do!) 1st hand vouch for the cocktails there, however!!
                            Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

• thmar
                              MiceChatter
                              • Oct 2006

White Water Snacks (GCH), Carnation Cafe (Main Street USA), Bengal BBQ (Adventureland), Dole Whips (Tiki Hut), Blue Bayou and Riverside Terrace (NOS), Taste Pilot Grill and Bodin's for their great bread in sandwiches and soupbowls (DCA), Catal (DTD), Steakhouse 55 (DLH)...for character meals I like Goofy's Kitchen (DLH...all day) and Plaza Inn (Main Street USA...breakfast)...the Goldenhorse Saloon/Cafe isn't bad when you can also enjoy the show.
                              "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X