X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orcatime
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinker Bell
    I like the Splash idea. A variation would be to do it on Tower of Terror.
    Brings new feeling to "Taking the plunge."

Leave a comment:

• Fantasmic_Freak
    replied
    How about it Splash Mountian, Zip-a-dee-do-da Zip-a-dee-aye my oh my what a wonderful day! .. you know the rest!

Leave a comment:

• Gemini Cricket
    replied
    I'd like to be proposed to at the white bridge to the left of the castle (if you're facing it from the hub). Down on one knee, ring of engagement, the whole shebang. And then he'd get out his guitar and serenade me with 'Rapunzel' from his 'Before These Crowded Streets' album.

"For you I would crawl
    Through the darkest dungeon
    Climb the castle wall
    If you are my Rapunzel
    You let your hair down
    Right in through your window
    Good they locked the door
    'Cause I do my best for you

I think the world of you
    All of my heart I do
    Blood through my veins for you
    You alone have all of me
    I give my world to you
    To you I will be true"

:love:

Leave a comment:

• Rainfully
    replied
    Originally posted by LiTtLeMeRmAiD
    Yes I am indeed engaged, and my darling proposed to me near King Triton . Might not seem too romantic, but since the Little Mermaid is my favorite movie of all time (could you tell by my avatar?), and the fountain's lit up all pretty at night, I thought it was just perfect.
    Sounds very romantic and extremely thoughtful :love:

Leave a comment:

• mistyisjafo
    replied
    In Disneyland: If you go into new orleans square, right past the Bayou there is a little nitch hideaway that has a beautiful staircase. Usually no one is in there. Great place to do something private & thoughtful.

Snow's Wishing well is a great spot too.

Personally I've always like the Disneyland Hotel's water falls area. There are lots of little areas that you can walk to under the water falls to do a very romantic proposal.

Leave a comment:

• LiTtLeMeRmAiD
    replied
    Originally posted by Rainfully
    I know you're getting married soon.. out of curiousity how did you get proposed to?
    Yes I am indeed engaged, and my darling proposed to me near King Triton . Might not seem too romantic, but since the Little Mermaid is my favorite movie of all time (could you tell by my avatar?), and the fountain's lit up all pretty at night, I thought it was just perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Retlaw Yensid
    replied
    Good Idea: To set it up with Toon Town and have a sign hanging when you go in to visit Mickey "on the set"

Leave a comment:

• brian9549
    replied
    I proposed to my wife at Snow White's Wishing Well. There weren't too many people around and it was nice and quie. We go back every year to make a wish! :devil:

Leave a comment:

• Cuzco-topia
    replied
    ooo, you know where else would be nice...up in the gallery, in that little courtyard with the fountain...so pretty.

Leave a comment:

• watkinz
    replied
    I proposed to my wife over in New Orlean Square in the area by the Blue Bayou where there is a staircase and a fountain.

Wasn't too crowded at all, which was nice.

Leave a comment:

• Rainfully
    replied
    I just wanna know if the fireworks thing is realistic, or if I should just keep dreaming...
    Hate to burst your bubble... but I really don't think the fireworks thing is doable at all. I don't even think that they can make fireworks that spell things out like that. If you see the episode, it really is so fake looking.

<off topic> The funniest part of that episode is how DJ would see Steve everywhere, and she saw him as Aladdin, and the funny thing is Steve IS Aladdin... LoL </off topic>

I know you're getting married soon.. out of curiousity how did you get proposed to?

Leave a comment:

• Tinker Bell
    replied
    I think the WORST place to ask somebody to marry them would be while watching that supid Innoventions. There's no way that you could make that romantic. I like the Splash idea. A variation would be to do it on Tower of Terror.

Leave a comment:

• PirateMunkee
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterGracey
    i'd request a Pirate boat alone and propose on that in the quiet treasure caves...
    Or you could wait until you get to the "Buy a Bride" Scene hand her the ring and say.."So, is this enough to buy you?"

Alright, it's the pirate in me..so sue me.

Leave a comment:

• LiTtLeMeRmAiD
    replied
    LOL, I know the show was one big sugary-sweet cornball, wasn't it? (Ew, the thought of a sugar and corn combination doesn't sound too tastey, but you get my point.)

I just wanna know if the fireworks thing is realistic, or if I should just keep dreaming...

Leave a comment:

• LAURA
    replied
    Did anyone see the episode of Full House when the family took a trip to WDW, and Danny had the words "Vicky, will you marry me?" shot into the sky during the fireworks? Do you think that could actually be done? (I'm sure it would cost a pretty penny.) Cuz I think stuff like that's REALLY romantic!

Another thought I had was if you could have it tied in to Fantasmic! somehow. Like at the finale when the Mark Twain comes out, have a huge banner hanging on the side that reads "[Insert Name Here], will you marry me?" Thoughts?
    LOL...i saw that episode hahaha, i forgot about that episode. Oh gosh, i can't stop laughing right now just thinking about that episode.
    The banner off the Mark Twain sounds like an awesome idea also. You would have to make sure you claim your spot right in front so its not missed.

Leave a comment:

• LiTtLeMeRmAiD
    replied
    Originally posted by LAURA
    I think in front of the castle after the fireworks or during...
    Did anyone see the episode of Full House when the family took a trip to WDW, and Danny had the words "Vicky, will you marry me?" shot into the sky during the fireworks? Do you think that could actually be done? (I'm sure it would cost a pretty penny.) Cuz I think stuff like that's REALLY romantic!

Another thought I had was if you could have it tied in to Fantasmic! somehow. Like at the finale when the Mark Twain comes out, have a huge banner hanging on the side that reads "[Insert Name Here], will you marry me?" Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Cuzco-topia
    replied
    I always thought it would be fun if it were on jungle cruise late in the evening, and secretly he would have worked out a scenario with the captain to do something totally outlandish and silly, like having a "will you marry me" sign hanging around the elephant or gorilla's neck to propose. (Great..now that I mentioned it, he wont do it!)

Leave a comment:

• LAURA
    replied
    oh all these proposals sound so great :love:

I think in front of the castle after the fireworks or during...

Leave a comment:

• a-mad
    replied
    Since I have such a soft spot for the Big Thunder Trail... and it seems so quiet and peaceful, I think a nice spot would be near the waterfall.

Leave a comment:

• LiTtLeMeRmAiD
    replied
    Ism, that is so cute. I don't think Snow White's Wishing well is a BAD place to propose--far from it! Its an extremely romantic place, and your thoughtfulness in keeping nosey guests at bay was a great idea!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X