Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Idea or Bad Idea: A Haunted Mansion Themed Restaurant!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Idea or Bad Idea: A Haunted Mansion Themed Restaurant!

Lately I've been looking at the dining experiences at both WDW and the Disneyland Resort and would love to experience a dark atmosphere resturant like the Disneyland's Blue Bayou and Epcot's Mexico Pavilion.

Has anyone else ever thought about this spooky dining experience. Not sure if there's room next to the Haunted Mansion to build at any of the parks but I'm sure something could be done...

Oh... imagine the crying children scared of the atmosphere... I wouldn't think WDI's would make it that scary.

What do you think?

Re: Good Idea or Bad Idea: A Haunted Mansion Themed Restaurant!

An interesting concept, that's for sure. I'm all for anything HM related, and would love to see how they might incorporate ride effects into a restaurant. Possibly have a ballroom themed dining area? Maybe they could find a place for the poor Hatbox Ghost in there!
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Comment

Could be cool to have a couple dining areas available, the ballroom and the back patio of the mansion overlooking the graveyard. Countless effects possibilities come to mind for both of those.

I'd eat there. Could serve creole and southern fare with that elegant "i live in a mansion" twist.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Wasn't that one of the original ideas for the HM? I thought I read that was where Marc Davis originally wanted to put the changing portraits...in a haunted style restaurant. However they felt the theming would encourage customers to sit there for hours which is of course not optimal for profits.

Comment

Just as long as they have Boo-berry pie!!
          All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
            Wasn't that one of the original ideas for the HM? I thought I read that was where Marc Davis originally wanted to put the changing portraits...in a haunted style restaurant. However they felt the theming would encourage customers to sit there for hours which is of course not optimal for profits.
            You are correct.

It would be cool, but I don't think in the whole scheme of things it would work out well.

Now if you perhaps wanted to plus one of the many already existing dining establishments in NOS and perhaps make it more HM-esque, I'd totally love that.

NOS has enough restaraunts...there are other places in the park, however, that could dreadfully use more of them.

*coughAdventurelandcough*

Comment

Perhaps a theme for the next disney cruise ship by why would the park need a resturant themed to a ride thats there already?
              There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
              -Dr. Strange

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                **coughcough return of the Tahitian Terrace coughcough***

....leaves room so as not to spread more germs and so we can return to your originall thread...

--Barry
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Will they serve spirits ?

Comment

Dinner by flickering candlelight - fun and eerily romantic!
                    sigpic
                    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Sounds like a good idea!

:yea: I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!:yea:

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                        NOS has enough restaraunts...there are other places in the park, however, that could dreadfully use more of them.

First Adventureland needs some more realestate, although they really need to do something with Aladins Oasis.

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                          Dinner by flickering candlelight - fun and eerily romantic!
                          Thats exactly what I was thinking. I really like the idea of a HM restaurant.
                          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Would be cool to have the kitchen down a hallway. Door off to actual kitchen back 10 feet to the right. Hallway goes on back seemingly for 70 feet or so behind that and use the ToT ghost in the hallway effect to have ghosts randomly walking up and down the hallway from time to time. Random sort of things.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I would so eat there that's for sure.
                              Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X