Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Weekends @ DLR is in the works!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Weekends @ DLR is in the works!!!

This is taken from an article posted on swstartours.net reporting on the C4- Disney Theme Park Exclusives Panel at SW Celebration IV...

Someone else asked if Star Wars Weekends would ever come to Anaheim. "It's being worked on," they said, and the California audience broke into thunderous applause. :yea:

Not much more than a tease but it breathes new life into the hope that we could see a SW Weekends event at DLR in our lifetime.

There are some great pics of upcoming SW merchandise being worked on for both east and west coast, including Muppet tie-ins.

Check out the full article here... http://www.swstartours.net/cms/index...=265&Itemid=58
    Last edited by JangoFett; 06-05-2007, 06:54 PM.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Re: Star Wars Weekends @ DLR is in the works!!!

I'd be so dang happy if they brought SWW to us. I'd only be in it for the merchandise though. The only problem would be the crowds!

Comment

But we already have food and wine weekends!

What do they do at Star Wars weekends anyway?

Comment

Do you think they would do an event where they use the Convention Center across Katella, Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of DCA, and Tomorrowland? Convention Center has space for who knows what, the old Millionaire show building in DCA could bring more people there for meet and greets or merchandise, and Star Tours and Jedi Training Academy could be the crown jewel.

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
          Do you think they would do an event where they use the Convention Center across Katella, Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of DCA, and Tomorrowland? Convention Center has space for who knows what, the old Millionaire show building in DCA could bring more people there for meet and greets or merchandise, and Star Tours and Jedi Training Academy could be the crown jewel.

I think DCA is the best bet. There's more room to move than at DL and they can keep the event on property. Not to mention it will drive up DCA attendance numbers.
          You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

I think this is GREAT news. I was lucky enough to experience two Star Wars weekends in 2006 and they were really, really cool. They actually managed to make MGM a full-day park!

I also believe that DCA would be the best place to hold this event. It simply has more room for such an event -- even though it will be kind of awkward not having Star Tours being the centerpiece of it all.

I don't believe they should require any extra space (i.e. the convention center) to accommodate Star Tours Weekends. I think they can be creative in how they will place things throughout the park and should do OK with the space they do have.

I mean, I remember they had some sort of special documentary thingie that they put in one of the buildings that normally had something else. I'm sure they could convert something like Golden Dreams to house that if necessary. DCA should work fine. DL? Not so fine.

Comment

YAY! Now I can go to Lego Star Wars weekend at Legoland CA (this June 23rd and 24th) AND go to Star Wars weekend at Disneyland! More is always good

Comment

I don't know why but Lucasfilm properties and Disney properties mesh together extremly well same with Jim Henson properties. Disney should be focusing on this stuff rather than all that pixar nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDude View Post
                  YAY! Now I can go to Lego Star Wars weekend at Legoland CA (this June 23rd and 24th) AND go to Star Wars weekend at Disneyland! More is always good
                  Have your PSP with you! That way you can play Lego Star Wars 2 (such a fun game).

Comment

My 8 year old is absolutely going to love hearing this news!!!

(And so do I!)

Comment

OOOH!!! excuse to go and visit DL from the east coast! WOOHOOOOO!!!!

and I agree with DCA being a great venue.

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
                        Have your PSP with you! That way you can play Lego Star Wars 2 (such a fun game).
                        LOL - I have it on the PSP, NDS, and PS2 ~

Comment

Both of my boys will be beyond excited to hear this!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Ooooh, we'll have to plan our next vacation around it!

Comment

Hooray! It's about time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X