X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeopleMover Platform...Accessible?

I was thinking about this.
    When (if) they bring back the PeopleMover, how would they have people board it?
    There is a shop underneath it, Buzz covers the old Rocket Rods queue.
    I don't think they'd place a moving sidewalk in front again.

If they place something on the tracks that would cause an hour wait or so, an old moving sidewalk wouldn't cut it. Even if the ride had good and steady loading.

I was thinking that maybe, if they don't do anything with it, they could load from the upper level of the starcade. The track does run through there right?
    There is a lot of possibilities for that upper level.

but yea, how?

Re: PeopleMover Platform...Accessible?

wait where was the original queue? rocket rods old queue? cant they make an escalator to the center platform?

Comment

How about the original enterance? I belive the DVC cart they can move. I also belive this:

The old enterance is now a planter. It would be easy to put it in.

The problem I see with the starcade is this:

The track is in a tunnel. The only way to get in would be to remove that tunnel. Well that would recquire major work. Remember the tunnel also goes above the starade.

Comment

I always thought that the people mover should have been an actual transport device with multiple entrances and exits, that would be cool
        Last edited by 1disneynut2another; 06-15-2007, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Actually, the new "tunnel" with accessible elevator that was built in '98 for Rocket Rods is still under there and accessible from the Buzz Shop - - that's where wheelchairs boarded anyway. I should think the shop and tunnel can become queue again pretty easily without affecting the ride/exit.

Comment

I see no reason the original enterance could not be used if a WEDway is brought back. The things eat people like crazy. The issue of people would subside after opening.

Comment

Originally posted by patattack View Post
              wait where was the original queue? rocket rods old queue? cant they make an escalator to the center platform?
              It used to go through what is now BLAB and the old CircleVision building.
              Love WoC!!!

Next DL trip: August 2011

"What do you mean we can't get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
              -Walt Disney

Comment

The there was an underground, formerly cast member only tunnel that connected the CircleVision (now BLAB) building up the center column of the PeopleMover/Rocket Jets (now unused) structure.
                When does ELLIPSIS expire?

Comment

Originally posted by Sub_Voyage fan View Post
                  How about the original enterance? I belive the DVC cart they can move. I also belive this:

The old enterance is now a planter. It would be easy to put it in.

The problem I see with the starcade is this:

The track is in a tunnel. The only way to get in would be to remove that tunnel. Well that would recquire major work. Remember the tunnel also goes above the starade.
                  They could use the old entrance like Sub_Voyage fan said, even if they opt to use steps instead of speedramps (which only went over half up before you had to make a U and board another speedramp). I don't know how they would install a new moving turn table, but it probably can be done. It had a capacity that was actually higher than Pirates (it was around 4600 people per hour). Also agreeing with Sub_Voyage fan, Starcade isn't as good a candidate as you think. That tunnel is on an incline because the track must climb for Space Mountain. Look at the Star Trader windows, that's the People Mover track. Then take a look at the track exiting Space, that's the difference in elevation (the track is just below where your rocket swings around the meteor between lifts 2 and 3). It would be more difficult to load/unload on a track that's on an incline. The track is level when it enters and exits Star Tours. It's level for Space Mountain. However, between the two sections, it's going uphill.

Comment

They did have an escalator to the platform....

Comment

Hey DLR29 tell me how that WDW trip goes, I am dying to go!

Comment

For the PeopleMover there was a Speed Ramp that went directly up onto the platform.

Comment

Speed Ramps???

Sounds a little too technical for the future if you ask me
                          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                            For the PeopleMover there was a Speed Ramp that went directly up onto the platform.

Was it a more creative queue than the Rocket Rod queue?

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                              Speed Ramps???

Sounds a little too technical for the future if you ask me
                              I know. You should have seen all the people at Magic Kingdom (WDW) who just laugh at them as they board and disembark from WEDway PeopleMovers or leave Space Mountain...

Originally posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
                              Was it a more creative queue than the Rocket Rod queue?
                              It was a Speed Ramp. You went up and walked on. That's about it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X