Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do all the parts from Yesterland rides go?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do all the parts from Yesterland rides go?

Where are the PeopleMover trains, the Rocket Rods, the old Autopia cars, the Country Bears, the Sky Way Gondolas, the Storm Trooper from the peoplemover, the Rocket Jets? Is there some wholy Disney grave yard or are they all scrapp, do they go to collectors or auctions? I remember Jon Stamos bought the old Disneyland sign that use to be infront, I was so jealous when he bought it at a Disney auction. And I know some lucky guy has the Sea Serpeant.

Re: Where do all the parts from Yesterland rides go?

i want to buy an old people mover cart and put it in my room

Comment

they were auctioning off the slef playing piano that was in fort wilderness a few weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
        they were auctioning off the slef playing piano that was in fort wilderness a few weeks ago
        NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have them all. I'm combining them all to make one gigantic robot. He's called YesterBot. He will prevent any further Disneyland attractions from becoming Yesterland attractions. If he sees a bulldozer, he will consume it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
            I have them all. I'm combining them all to make one gigantic robot. He's called YesterBot. He will prevent any further Disneyland attractions from becoming Yesterland attractions. If he sees a bulldozer, he will consume it.

And he was worshiped as a GOD

Comment

I think it'd be cool to have a rocket rod car
              "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

I don't think there is any standard proceedure for the removal of old equipment. Some people own old props and ride vehicles that were auctioned off online. Others are reused (Monster's Inc.) and other are left to rot (Submarine Voyage). I would guess that most old stuff is thrown away or sold for scrap.

I don't think Disneyland is large enough for a boneyard. I know Walt Disney World has a bone yard north of the Magic Kingdom, as that is where the Natuali were before having two scuttled at Castay Cay and the rest being burried somewhere on the Florida property.

Comment

I know that a bunch of that stuff is hanging from the ceiling of the Eat Ticket backstage CM Eatery. It was pretty cool seeing some of the old ride stuff in there.
                  Kenny the Pirate
                  AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
                  Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
                  Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
                  Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Comment

The known surviving People Mover cars are 3 at the TDA casting center (kept their blue stripe paint job, I think they're numbered as train 45) and 2 that were in the Rocket Rods queue which were auctioned off. Space Mountain trains were sold on ebay during the big refurb. I know they auctioned off old Skyway gondolas, but I don't know if they were the same ones from the old Tomorrowland Premiere Shop (where the Buzz exit/store is located now). The first car of Mark III Monorail Red was saved (I heard the remaining shells were destroyed during the Mark III to Mark V conversion). For the 35th anniversary, it was converted into the Mouse-o-rail and toured the country (it was street ready). The same shell was displayed in the Rocket Rods queue with the other vehicles. No clue what's happened to it since.

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
                      Where do they auction these things, and how does one know about them in advance?

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
                        The known surviving People Mover cars are 3 at the TDA casting center (kept their blue stripe paint job, I think they're numbered as train 45) and 2 that were in the Rocket Rods queue which were auctioned off. Space Mountain trains were sold on ebay during the big refurb. I know they auctioned off old Skyway gondolas, but I don't know if they were the same ones from the old Tomorrowland Premiere Shop (where the Buzz exit/store is located now). The first car of Mark III Monorail Red was saved (I heard the remaining shells were destroyed during the Mark III to Mark V conversion). For the 35th anniversary, it was converted into the Mouse-o-rail and toured the country (it was street ready). The same shell was displayed in the Rocket Rods queue with the other vehicles. No clue what's happened to it since.
                        Isn't there also a Rocket Jet in the Buzz Lightyear store?

Comment

Hmmmmm I want a Rocket Rod!

Comment

I thought much of the stuff was kept on warehouses as Disney is (or was) known for reusing/recycling a lot of it's props.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                              Isn't there also a Rocket Jet in the Buzz Lightyear store?
                              Is it still in there? I use the exit to exit Buzz instead of shop. I know they kept the People Mover counter from the previous shop, but I don't know if they kept any TL'98 decorations.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X