This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

So I finnally got around to buying a ticket. Now, Is it worth it? Is there any Backstage thingies? Or would it just be stuff I would see everyday or stuff I already know... Theres probably already alot of threads or things, but I want to know your opinion.

Please help!

Re: A Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

I am sorry but this has nothing to do with this thread and if I made yet another thread all of you would kill me so I am asking in here. Do you all remember those travel channel Disney show, like behind the scenes and stuff? Is there any way to watch those without waiting for it to come on t.v.?

Comment

Girrtacos,

It is a great tour! Only behind the scenes we got was in the Tiki room and the lobby of Club 33. You will love it I guarentee. Get the chili & cornbread for lunch, it was Walt's favorite.

Silvermouse - NO, you can't get episodes before they air.

Chad

Comment

Also if the Lilly Belle is out and nobody is on it you might get a ride on it as well. That's what I'm hoping for on my Tour.

Comment

It's a pretty cool tour. I knew most of the information the guy spoke, but there were also things which I didn't know which were very interesting. You get a free lunch at the gallery which is pretty cool too.
          "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

I've heard some neat stuff about this tour but not my type of tour

and

Originally posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
            I am sorry but this has nothing to do with this thread and if I made yet another thread all of you would kill me so I am asking in here. Do you all remember those travel channel Disney show, like behind the scenes and stuff? Is there any way to watch those without waiting for it to come on t.v.?
            It's the internet, don't let anyone tell you they don't exist. They could be found but you need to dig and there is also a site where they tell you when the shows will appear on TV :
            http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/tv/age...odeagenda=soon

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

Originally posted by CelestialImperium View Post
              I've heard some neat stuff about this tour but not my type of tour

and

It's the internet, don't let anyone tell you they don't exist. They could be found but you need to dig and there is also a site where they tell you when the shows will appear on TV :
              http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/tv/age...odeagenda=soon

Awesome! Thx

Comment

I feel the tour is a combination of everyday stuff and interesting nuggets of knowledge.

While I learned quite a lot about DL over the past couple of years through MC and other sites, there were still many things that were news to me during the tour.

It's not a 'backstage' tour, though. You might get a glimpse of a thing or two that the common visitor wouldn't get to see, but you aren't walking the behind-the-scenes halls or anything like that.

The tour was good for me because I was spending a week at DL so it was a nice change of pace. If I were only spending a day or two, I would pass on the tour.

Comment

The tour has just undergone a few changes -- the lunch/dinner is no longer in the gallery, but at Tour Gardens, where the tour begins. Also, the chili is no longer available, which is a shame as it was Walt's favorite and the tour was the only place in the park you could come by it....

Also, the tour guide has an iPod with which they play clips of Walt himself speaking about some of the different tour stops... it's a cool addition, IMHO.

While it's not anything behind-the-scenes (aside from Club 33's lobby, which isn't really behind-the-scenes...), there are a lot of fun stories about Walt and his family you'll get to hear. The tour differs with every guide, as it seems they each have their favorite little stories to add.

Ask the guide questions! They're always eager to interact!

Comment

I really enjoyed the tour. The glimpse into Club 33 was great. My kids love having pics of themselves in the elevator. A lot of the information I knew, but there was some I didn't. We had an EXCELLENT guide and she was a lot of fun. I too recommend this tour.
                    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Wow...this must all be recent because I took the tour in April!

Bummer about the chili...that was the best!

Comment

I have done this tour twice and would gladly do it again. Absolutely loved it. Had different tour guides for each tour.....they were great!!!

As for the chili.....an absolute must!!! A CM recommened it to me. Everybody on our first tour wished they had gotten it (once they saw what hubby and I were eating). And on the second tour, when everyone heard me talk about the chili they decided to get it. They had said if it wasn't any good they would blame me. They ended up enjoying it as much as me. Also, it is the ONLY place in the park where you can get it.

Have fun!!!

PS On the first Walt tour we ate our lunch at the Golden Horseshoe. My second go around was on the Disney Gallery Balcony.
                        "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by themarquisde View Post
                          The tour has just undergone a few changes -- the lunch/dinner is no longer in the gallery, but at Tour Gardens, where the tour begins. Also, the chili is no longer available, which is a shame as it was Walt's favorite and the tour was the only place in the park you could come by it....
                          NO CHILI??!! Are ya kidding me??!! Oh man, that is such a bummer! That was one main reason why I'd take the tour for a third time. What an absolute bummer!!!
                          "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by girrrtacos View Post
                              So I finnally got around to buying a ticket. Now, Is it worth it? Is there any Backstage thingies? Or would it just be stuff I would see everyday or stuff I already know... Theres probably already alot of threads or things, but I want to know your opinion.

Please help!

I've been on the tour a couple times and would go again. Like all tours it's only as good as your tour guide, but even a disney geek like me learned a few things. And certainly at least getting into the lobby of club 33 is the closest I'm ever going to be to getting there! I liked doing the tiki room too, that was fun as that's always been on of my favorite kitchy things at DL.

And you're right, there are a lot of other threads, you can read some of them here and they may be helpful to you:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...%27s+footsteps

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X