This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Indy Demon Scrim

As many of you are aware, Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye has some defunctional effects, and so forth.

A while back, I read a comment from someone in a thread about how in the main showroom, when your jeep is making the trip downhill after the snake and towards the black hallway, the scrim with the demon on it used to do something more than it currently does.

I rode Indy not too long after it opened, but I was little, and I can't remember everything.

If any of you happen to know what it is that I am talking about, could you please tell me whether or not this part of the attraction did something more? Thanks!

Re: The Indy Demon Scrim

I havent seen anything different in it but then again I didnt ride it till 2000 or so. **off topic** gotta update the sig subs are here!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

As far as I know, the demon scrim has always remained the same. Granted, the effect doesn't always work. But the scrim is usually supposed to light up and reveal the demon (which is Mara by the way) and its red flashing eyes.

Here's a picture:

~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

SCHKAAAAAAAA!!!

Comment

Very cool, Indy keeps suprising me all the time, I never knew about that.

Comment

Originally posted by DLcastmbr View Post
            I havent seen anything different in it but then again I didnt ride it till 2000 or so. **off topic** gotta update the sig subs are here!!!
            done and done!

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
              As far as I know, the demon scrim has always remained the same. Granted, the effect doesn't always work. But the scrim is usually supposed to light up and reveal the demon (which is Mara by the way) and its red flashing eyes.

Here's a picture:

AH, okay then. Yeah, I don't think I've seen it light up.

Comment

I really can't tell when it lights up. It's usually really bright in there to notice the change!
                Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
                - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
                - me too!

Comment

Its hard because they basic element for scrim to work is angle and since you're bouncing and traveling forward, when you look up you're not always at the right angle to see it
                  Is this haunted signature
                  actually
                  stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                  Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                  also known as...
                  Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

It wasn't until this past winter that I noticed it but since then I've seen it every time. Usually it matches up to some sort of shout/scream.
                    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

maybe now that the subs are open, indy can get the refurb it needs this winter.

Comment

If Disney plans it right, they could do a complete rehab in time for the Indy 4 film coming out next year.
                        Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
                        http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

Originally posted by goofypirate View Post
                          It wasn't until this past winter that I noticed it but since then I've seen it every time. Usually it matches up to some sort of shout/scream.
                          Yeah, You're right. There is a "roar" that goes along with the effect. I've never seen it light up, but I've always noticed the picture on the scrim. I've had to point it out to all my family, they never noticed it before. It's kind of a neat little secret ellement not many people notice... So it's fun to point out to people.

Comment

I noticed it the last time I was there as well, and I was trying to figure out what it was used for.

Comment

I was unaware that there was a lighting effect for the scrim. I've never noticed it "flashing" or "lighting up" - but I always see it.

This Spirit of Mara has always seemed out of place to me - it was only recently that I became aware that the painted scrim was supposed to actually be Mara.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X