This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Passes - Upgrade question

Sorry if this is just a dumb thing to ask about, but i needed some advice before I spend...

I have a Deluxe AP and I am planning on going three times on blockout dates within the next few weeks. Once this Saturday for the Shag signing at Disneyana, then again on July 16 & 17 for the 50th Weekend. I understand Blockout tickdets are $30 (unless theyve gone up since the last time I heard) so that's $90. I was thinking of just upgrading to a Premium... however, I'm not sure its worth it.

I was thinking about the merchandise discount because I do plan on spending a lot of money on Saturday and during the birthday weekend... however, I'm not sure if upgrading and using the discount would even justify itself...

Also, upgrading NOW means I only have the Premium until December 22 when my original pass expires, right? It doesnt give me a new expiration date, right?

Anyways, just looking for some advice.. what would you guys do?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

What's the price difference between the two again?
    And, do you already have an annual parking pass, and how much is that?

Your reasoning that your PAP would only be good until December is moot. You're not buying a whole year's PAP, and you're not paying for a whole year's PAP. What's important is whether upgrading costs more than three block-out passes.
    Also, you can go on a few more blockout dates to make the upgrade really worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment
      What's the price difference between the two again?
      And, do you already have an annual parking pass, and how much is that?

Your reasoning that your PAP would only be good until December is moot. You're not buying a whole year's PAP, and you're not paying for a whole year's PAP. What's important is whether upgrading costs more than three block-out passes.
      Also, you can go on a few more blockout dates to make the upgrade really worth it.
      I'm with you on that last point. I upgraded to a PAP for this summer for the parking and for the blockout days. It works for me and for what I want to use it for. So if it's less expensive, why not? Then you can go on a blockout day with the only other MC members I know that have a PAP, Anders and Gwyren.

Comment

I upgraded to PAP last weekend. After adding the blockout ticket and parking onto my deluxe pass it made sense to me to upgrade it. I also get to go on saturdays again...WOO HOO...I always have to leave early when i go on sundays, because I work the next day.

Comment

I would upgrade. You never know what may come up later in the year where you could be blocked out again. And then you won't have to worry about standing in line the birthday weekend. By the time you spend the 90 bucks on blackout tickets, it's only gonna be a little more to get the premium. Just do it!! Also, is this your first AP or did you renew in December? If you renewed and it was by mail to receive the $20 discount, that will be wiped off. They will charge you the balance of what you paid. I know some people that fought with the people about it and wanted to still get that 20 bucks off. They finally did, but you have to be EXTREMELY forceful about it. But nice at the same time.
          Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
          FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
          I bring the magic!!!
          "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
          Originally posted by Reverend DMother
          Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy4
            I would upgrade. You never know what may come up later in the year where you could be blocked out again. And then you won't have to worry about standing in line the birthday weekend. By the time you spend the 90 bucks on blackout tickets, it's only gonna be a little more to get the premium. Just do it!! Also, is this your first AP or did you renew in December? If you renewed and it was by mail to receive the $20 discount, that will be wiped off. They will charge you the balance of what you paid. I know some people that fought with the people about it and wanted to still get that 20 bucks off. They finally did, but you have to be EXTREMELY forceful about it. But nice at the same time.

I renewed in December. I'm a second-year AP. I decided to upgrade... Hopefully I'll get a nice CM and I'll beg for the $20 dicount haha.

Thanks for the reply. I really dont want to wait at the ticket booth on the birthday weekend... I dont know how long that would take and if it would jeopardize my getting-in on those two days. Anyways, thank you again.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X