This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast Member not wearing his uniform?

Saw a freaky scene, a cast member out in the park, but not wearing anything.

Well, not naked-not-wearing-anything, but not-wearing-a-single-piece-of-costuming not-wearing-anything. He was working in jeans and a t-shirt.

I'm NOT complaining, because jeans and a t-shirt were, shall we say, quite flattering for him. Could it be part of the Dreams promotion, maybe he really was a guest?

He was setting up crowd control for the DL parade, but he had other cast members with him and he seemed to be the one who knew what to do, like in a lead capacity. Two managers walked by and shaked their heads a bit and seemed to laugh, but didn't stop.

Seems like "setting up parade crowd control" wouldn't have been a Dream job, how could he be anything but a cast member, but, again, most guests were dressed more than him! Seemed like someone who went off shift but they had an emergency with no one showing and he had to fill in maybe?

Apt, I suppose, as he certainly filled that t-shirt out...

John

Re: Cast Member not wearing his uniform?

I have seen cast members out of costume before working in resteraunts, I have always assumed they were new-hires but I have never seen a cast member dressed as cassuly as you describe, Most of the cast member I have seen are wearing bussiness-like or bussiness cassual.
    Other places you can find me:

Digg
    Steam

Comment

It was probably his day off and just helping out. How do you know he was a cast member?

Comment

It's possible that he may not be a CM. For commercial setups and alot of construction, alot of positions are contracted out. If the 'casual guy' was wearing a colored name sticker instead of a badge, that is the hint.
        "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

I think I know what your talking about.

He and several others like him are not employed by Disney. They are "special" in the mentality sense. The badges they wear are the ones where any guest can purchase and put their names on.

They think they work for Disney and I've seen them before.

I don't know if this person is the same person your talking about.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
          -Adidas
          Originally posted by KISSman
          In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeronius View Post
            I think I know what your talking about.

He and several others like him are not employed by Disney. They are "special" in the mentality sense. The badges they wear are the ones where any guest can purchase and put their names on.

They think they work for Disney and I've seen them before.

I don't know if this person is the same person your talking about.
            Ehh. Disney should just hire them if they want to work so bad. I'm serious, there are alot of positions that are accomodating to different disabilities. They'd get to work at Disneyland, and get a snazzy ID card and name badge and GET PAID. Why not?
            "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

When I saw this thread title, it caused me to picture a cast member in his skivvies flashing guests waiting in line for Nemo. :lol:
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Finding Nudo ?

Comment

He was probably just playing in the park and stopped to talk to some friends, and started helping out so he could keep chatting without preventing them from doing work. It's fairly common for CMs to come in as guests, visit with their friends who are on shift, and sort of unconsciously start helping out by answering questions and doing little things that need to be done.

Where on the parade route was this? I'm curious if I know him or not.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

It's also posible he is plain clothes security and was called to help with crowd control because they were short handed.
                    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                      It was probably his day off and just helping out.

That's what I thought, too. I would do that sometimes when I was a CM... go to the park on my day off, and stop to talk to some friends who were working, but then help them out with arranging strollers or something.
                      ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                        When I saw this thread title, it caused me to picture a cast member in his skivvies flashing guests waiting in line for Nemo. :lol:
                        Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                        Finding Nudo ?

:lol::clap::lmao:

Comment

question: cms who work off the clock> do they get compensated for it? and is it allowed??

where one of my friends work(mervyns) working otc is not allowed. in fact, working otc can get you fired.(or in the least written up((corrective action which can last up to a year))).

Comment

regarding my question(shouldhave added this to the previous post.....OOOPS)question asked because I am thinking about applying for employment at disneyland and I dont want to do something that will/would get me fired.

Comment

This thread reminded me of the Cast Member in front of Soarin' who swore "for Christ's sake" and got a blank look from the party in front of me and my teenage friends. :unsure:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X