This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Things I learned about Disneyland in my first day

After my first day in Disneyland... here are 10 amazing facts I never knew!

#1 - Ropes are not intended for you - They must be intended for 'someone else' because you are free to simply go under them or over them, even if a CM is right there holding the rope to create a barrier

#2 - Mohawks are cool - Because there are tons of children (even under 5) with them

#3 - Most Children aged 11-19 are orphans - Because they are everywhere and have no parents ever

#4 - People like to snuggle here - Because its quite acceptable for complete strangers to insert themselves into situations where you are in constant body contact rather then just standing somewhere where you would only touch each other occasionally or if at all

#5 - Penny Arcade in Californian really means 'candy store'

#6 - The most important coin to have in a penny arcade is a quarter - Because that's what all the change machines give out

#7 - Most children are being trained in survival skills to survive in the wilderness - Because climbing on walls, boxes, bars, etc and shaking trees, marking your territory and other activities are perfectly fine for your children to do right in front of you

#8 - Being obnoxious is cool - Because everyone is trying to be for some reason

#9 - Backpacks are inanimate objects that are never attached to people - Because everyone constanting bumps into them while standing in a stationary queue for no reason... this or they might be a substitute for punching bags in the schools here.. I'm not sure on this one

And #10 - Directions are evil - Because posting things like wait times at the entrance to a ride.. or even signs pointing to the entrance to the ride are quite passe on most attractions

Re: Top 10 Things I learned about Disneyland in my first day

you're going to be there 5 days? I think your list will be longer. personally on day two I have lost all patience with everyone.

I owuld lik to see a top 10 list of things you enjoyed...

Comment

I'm sorry.
      Yay, betrothal!:blush:

Comment

Sounds like a really fun rant....er... report already.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

i dont think a "child" 18 and over need a parent with them at dlr.

Comment

i agree on a list on something you enjoyed

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            you're going to be there 5 days? I think your list will be longer. personally on day two I have lost all patience with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post

Originally posted by iwontwait View Post
              i agree on a list on something you enjoyed
              That's coming!

This was more of poking fun. I can't get the photos off my camera yet.. and I only had about 20mins before I had to get to bed so I could get up this morning for EE... so I could get on Nemo! I'm off to the park in about 10mins.

I got weeks of threads from just one day so far!

Getting tired though.. after a week of work... finding the strength for DLR for a full day was tough. At 3pm I almost called 'uncle' and was going to take a break.. but ended up staying till 11:15pm. So 8:10 am till 11:15pm on day one... weeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                After my first day in Disneyland... here are 10 amazing facts I never knew!

#1 - Ropes are not intended for you - They must be intended for 'someone else' because you are free to simply go under them or over them, even if a CM is right there holding the rope to create a barrier

#2 - Mohawks are cool - Because there are tons of children (even under 5) with them

#3 - Most Children aged 11-19 are orphans - Because they are everywhere and have no parents ever

#4 - People like to snuggle here - Because its quite acceptable for complete strangers to insert themselves into situations where you are in constant body contact rather then just standing somewhere where you would only touch each other occasionally or if at all

#5 - Penny Arcade in Californian really means 'candy store'

#6 - The most important coin to have in a penny arcade is a quarter - Because that's what all the change machines give out

#7 - Most children are being trained in survival skills to survive in the wilderness - Because climbing on walls, boxes, bars, etc and shaking trees, marking your territory and other activities are perfectly fine for your children to do right in front of you

#8 - Being obnoxious is cool - Because everyone is trying to be for some reason

#9 - Backpacks are inanimate objects that are never attached to people - Because everyone constanting bumps into them while standing in a stationary queue for no reason... this or they might be a substitute for punching bags in the schools here.. I'm not sure on this one

And #10 - Directions are evil - Because posting things like wait times at the entrance to a ride.. or even signs pointing to the entrance to the ride are quite passe on most attractions

hmmmm.............. sounds accurate.
                Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

After a full day at Disneyland I typically feel like I need to get away from people. I've been touched, prodded, bumped into, stepped on, etc so much that I am like "okay... get away!"

But think about it this way: are you having fun?

Comment

And really... Disneyland is not the only place you see this stuff. Pretty much any amusement park or mall anywhere in the country its the same thing.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Don't forget the more important one - Strollers are bumper cars! I get ran into by a ton of these every time I go! In fact, what makes it worse is the fact that it will be empty or carrying a kid who is WAY too old to be using it. What is worse is the GIANT jogging stroller that people are really only using for carrying their stuff. Get a locker already - Disneyland is already hard to navigate without clogging the paths more with unnecessary strollers!

Comment

I know that some people at amusement parks are rude but the majority are just trying to do the same as you. Have fun. We don't mean to hit you with a stroller, BTW my daughter was in a stroller at ten cause she had back problems that required surgery at 11, so please don't judge.
                        my seven year old get real tired from all the walking and late nights so we get her a stroller. Sometimes the bumping is unavoidable as they amy be pushed themselves. If you go to amusement parks you should expect alot of this and take it in stride. People are just trying to have a good time but there are a few that are the exception.

Comment

Awesome. Love your wit and sarcasm. Unfortunately, in public places, people aren't the greatest about courtesies. At least most, when confronted, tend to be polite about it. Good luck on the rest of your trip and enjoy the magic. Can't wait to see your TR at the end. Try not to let this kind of thing get you down and concentrate on the little details that make it magical.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Why does everyone feel the need for a 'positive' list just because he posted a somewhat negative one? It's pretty obvious from reading it that he's in a pretty good mood about it (at least the way I read it... but I actually had enough sleep last night that I'm in a pretty good mood myself, so that could affect things). I say leave it be.

I thought I was imagining the backpack thing. I often have a backpack (with camera equipment) on, and it never ceases to amaze me how someone behind me in line will constantly bump into it. I figured it was me, somehow.
                            ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

:lmao:

Ah, welcome to Disneyland!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X