This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Family Pass

Ok hear this out. Disneyland was built for kids, and Disney is the pioneer in both the amusement park industry and kids entertainment. So... why don't they have a family pass? Everyone knows how expensive kids are, you would think that a place devoted to kids would try to make it a little easier for them to visit. Just a thought. It's really sad when you can buy a pass to the LA Zoo or the Kid's Discovery Center but everyone in the family needs an individual pass to a place specifically built and designed for parents and kids. I know you pay for the quality, but in the case of Disney the family pass isn't even offered. "The industry as a whole doesn't offer it" isn't an excuse because like I said, Disney supposedly leads by example.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: Disneyland Family Pass

Originally posted by techskip View Post
    Ok hear this out. Disneyland was built for kids people of every age,
    Fixed.

Comment

Disneyland was not built exclusively for kids, but for kids and adults equally, to enjoy together.

Comment

it's all about supply and demand

People will pay full price for a kids ticket and the disney comp will gett $$$
        It's the same for plane tickets
        We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,
        Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

www.ThisHappyPlace.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
          Fixed.
          Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
          Disneyland was not built exclusively for kids, but for kids and adults equally, to enjoy together.
          Exactly. Disneyland was built for families. Last time I checked, kids aren't the only age range that is considered to be in a family.
          http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
          www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
          http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

The best part about Disneyland is that my DH and I enjoy the park as much as our DD!!!
            Foolish Mortal
            sigpic

Comment

What's a family >

And how is Disney going to enforce such a policy/product

Comment

The price for SoCal annual passes is so cheap already that it's ridiculous. A 2-day park hopper is about the same price as the most limited SoCal pass! There are a lot of blockout dates, but basically you also get the right to buy a $30 ticket for the day instead of $70. So, a family of four could get passes for about $500 for the whole year! That is pretty damn good for Disneyland, which can't be compared to zoo admission price.

IMO, Disney should raise the prices of their passes. It's always crowded, and the parks shouldn't be a place that people go hang out for a few hours after work. It really lowers the brand.

Comment

Built for kids?? Oh boy, I'm in trouble.

So for a DL family pass....if you have 1 child does that pass cost the same as for families that have 4 kids? If so, that doesn't seem very fair.
                  Last edited by bloodnswash; 06-25-2007, 11:13 AM.
                  "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

Disneyland is built for all people, and although being a parent it would be nice to have the ability to buy a pass, it would be very hard to enforce and regulate. I am married with two children, one who is under 3 years of age. Woudl it be fair to charge myself the same price of a single parent with two kids, or a couple wioth say 5 kids, not really.

Again even with a set passs for four, or five, people would complain because they have younger children that should qualify for a kids ticket. I think in the end, it would be too hard to put in place.

The fact that I have to pay the same for an AP for my 3 year old that I pay for myself kinda sucks since she can't go on everything, but at the same time, it is really so cheap compared to a regular ticket, that I am grateful they offer this.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Disneyland was built for kids? Uh-oh. My wife and I have no children, nor will that ever happen. Does that mean we shouldn't be going there? Should we have been renting children in order to visit the park? Have we violated some basic Disney tenet?

This is terrible news to us!

Then again, if it was built for families, I consider the two of us to be a family. Are we off the hook?

Comment

While we are at it, why do they offer locals discounts when it costs those of us who have to travel more money? I mean we have gas, hotel, etc.

ETA - FYI I am kidding!!
                        Last edited by disneychrista; 06-25-2007, 12:28 PM. Reason: adding clarification

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post
                          While we are at it, why do they offer locals discounts when it costs those of us who have to travel more money? I mean we have gas, hotel, etc.
                          Because locals don't have to buy those things (hotel, little on food and gas) . They are just trying to entice us to buy something we had no intention of doing before we heard about the discount.

My DL pass does me no good in Florida. Because I have to spend on Hotel, transportation and food they have me by the.. uh .. rounders. I'm fine with their logic.

Chad

Comment

I love how everyone tagged the "built for kids" part and neglected the rest. My point remains... for families it can get pretty expensive pretty quick. As to the "how would Disney enforce it" you set a limit of x amount of people and the extra $ per head there after. That is exactly how it's enforced across the board.

Here is my other thought. Walt created the park specifically for families because he hated the park he took his daughters to. So why is it such a big deal if you only go for a few hours? I don't usually spend an entire day at any park... I also don't usually pay $70 to get in or I probably would. If you are so concerned about how many people are in there... lower the gate closing cap.
                            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by jett View Post
                              IMO, Disney should raise the prices of their passes. It's always crowded, and the parks shouldn't be a place that people go hang out for a few hours after work. It really lowers the brand.
                              Exactly!

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                              If you are so concerned about how many people are in there... lower the gate closing cap.
                              Why would Disney do this?

You want them to lower the price of addmission and lower the gate closing cap?

Do I have to spell out why they won't/shouldn't do this?
                              Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X