• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ride Warrior
    Iron-Clad Allie
    • Feb 2005

Wall-E Ticket Attraction For Innoventions ~ Video Clip of Film

According to a couple of different sites, an e-ticket attraction based on the Pixar film, Wall-E, is in it's blue-sky stage of development. It is rumored for the Innoventions building. If this crystalizes, the experince will take place on the upper level. The lower level is already contracted out to Microsoft and it's House of the Future. Construction would begin in late 2008 /early 2009 and end by late 2010 / early 2011.

As discussed in a post from last week, Wall-E will be the next Pixar film, following the release of Ratatouille. Wall-E is the name of a little sanitary control robot that was built for the purpose of cleaning up toxic waste on a long abandoned planet Earth. The movie takes place in the year 2070.

He spends each day cosolidating trash into cubes, alone. His name stands for Waste Allocations Land Lifters - Earth class. The movie crosses several genras as a satirical romantic sci-fi. The release date will be on June 27, 2008.

Here are subtitles from the trailer/teaser - "After 700 years of doing what he was built to do, he'll discover what he was meant for." The idea for the film was created in a brainstorming session back in 1994 between John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Pete Doctor, and the late Joe Ranft.

The Director of Finding Nemo, Andrew Stanton, holds the distinguished position of being the director/writor of this film. John Lasseter is the executive producer. Stanton deserves to be in the limelight, and somehow I feel that Lasseter is seeing to it that this happens. Here's what John's perspective is with respect to the film, as given in a presentation to Disney corporte investors:

"Wall-E is the story about the last robot on Earth. ...his programming was to help clean up. You see, it's set way in the future. Through... rampant, unchecked consumerism, the Earth was covered with trash. And to clean up, everyone had to leave Earth and set in place millions of these little robots that went around to clean up trash and to make earth habitable again. Well, the cleanup program failed with the exception of this one little robut and he's left on Earth doing his duty all alone. But it's not a story about sciece fiction. It's a love story, because, you see, Wall-E falls in love with [Eve], a robut from a probe that comes down to check on Earth, and she's left there to check on and see how things are going and he absolutely falls in love with her."

Hope that you enjoy the trailer, split into two edited versions. Director/writer Andrew Stanton shares his comments during the first.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jyf3N_Tn18[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBUJWKV1jlk[/youtube]

Feel free to post your comments regarding the Wall-E attraction rumor for Innoventions, and the movie itself.
    I would like to see a Wall-E themed attraction come to Innoventions.
    55.00%
    Wall-E would not be a good fit. Perhaps, another movie theme.
    2.50%
    I prefer an original, non-movie based attraction.
    40.00%
    Microsoft should control both levels of the building.
    0.00%
    Other -
    2.50%
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-30-2007, 02:58 AM. Reason: Fixed code
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Aristocat
    Astigmatic
    • Nov 2005

Re: Wall-E Ticket Attraction For Innoventions ~ Video Clip of Film

I voted "Other". While I would prefer a non-Pixar E-Ticket attraction in Innoventions, Wall-E would be better than nothing. And if the ride is strong, well, I wouldn't complain about the Pixar influence.
    Originally posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Comment

• aaronpaulcustoms
      YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!
      • Jun 2006

Wall-E is such a cute little robot! Innoventions would be cool with him around, Nathan Lane is not the face, or voice, of tomorrow

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
      For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

• PragmaticIdealist
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
        Wall-E is such a cute little robot! Innoventions would be cool with him around, Nathan Lane is not the face, or voice, of tomorrow
        Incidentally, Nathan Lane didn't provide the voice of Tom Morrow. Quinton Flynn, the voice of Timon in "Timon & Pumbaa", did.

I don't care much for Tom Morrow, myself. However, he's probably the best thing in Innoventions.

Comment

• aaronpaulcustoms
          YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
          Incidentally, Nathan Lane didn't provide the voice of Tom Morrow. Quinton Flynn, the voice of Timon in "Timon & Pumbaa", did.

I don't care much for Tom Morrow, myself. However, he's probably the best thing in Innoventions.
          Wow they totally sound alike! Same thing with TOT...I could have sworn that that really is Rod Serling...alas the voice acting geniuises just do what they do best

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
          For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

• GhostHost2
            MiceChatter
            • Jun 2007

Is there really room in innovations for a ride? Ecspecially when only using the top floor?

Comment

• Coheteboy
              Starcruiser.. crash crash
              MiceChat Moderator
              • Sep 2005

Since Wall-E takes place in the future, it would actually make sense. But I wouldn't be opposed to an original concept either, though that ideal is slowly becoming obsolete I'm afraid.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• PragmaticIdealist
                • Jun 2005

Wow they totally sound alike! Same thing with TOT...I could have sworn that that really is Rod Serling...alas the voice acting geniuises just do what they do best
                I know. I was fooled, too. But, someone at Disney Character Voices corrected me when I made the same mistake.

Comment

• penguinsoda
                  Jester of Randomness
                  MiceChat Moderator
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                  Is there really room in innovations for a ride? Ecspecially when only using the top floor?
                  It wouldn't neccessarily be a "ride" but an "attraction." That leaves it open to the concept of some type of show, perhaps an interactive one.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• bbks18
                    DL is my anti-drug.
                    • Mar 2007

How would the attraction work? Is there enough room?

Comment

• doombuggy driver
                      Haunted Mansion Lover
                      • Sep 2006

Anything has to be better than what they have in Innoventions right now!
                      Foolish Mortal
                      sigpic

Comment

• roxystar68
                        MiceChatter
                        • Mar 2006

I'm gettting sick of Pixar, but at least this is supposed to take place in the future.
                        The daydream princess

Comment

• Quacky4Donald
                          Don't Mess With The Duck!
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by bbks18 View Post
                          Yeah, I agree. I'd need more details on what the attraction would entail before I could really vote.

...Joe...

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                            Iron-Clad Allie
                            • Feb 2005

Actually, nobody has said that it would be a ride. The Wall-E rumor has simply referred to it as an attraction. We're likely talking about some sort of stationary attraction tant envolves mobile chairs and high tech. Think Flight to Mars on steroids, or the Alien Encounter format (only much better - or something completely unique. The top floor would be plenty of space for that.

Comment

• Junthor
                              DL Nerd
                              • Apr 2007

I think I would rather have a non-movie based attraction....

Bring something fresh to tomorrowland....

I can't help but think if this is Made... that D-land will only get new attractions when movies come out. and that could be a bad restriction.
                              All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                                Iron-Clad Allie
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                                It wouldn't neccessarily be a "ride" but an "attraction." That leaves it open to the concept of some type of show, perhaps an interactive one.
                                Exactly my line of thinking.

Originally posted by bbks18 View Post
                                Check out my response on Post 14. There's plenty of room. The seats would be in stationary positions, yet mobile. nThe technology and how it is used could be innovative and unique.

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                                Yeah, I agree. I'd need more details on what the attraction would entail before I could really vote.

...Joe...
                                I'll certainly post another poll down the road when that occurs. About all that we know now is that their will be a ride. it's fun speculating what may come our way. We are probably the only chat site that even has the earlu movie teasers. It's so cool when you stop to think that Ratatioulle isn't even released yet. The Wall-E trailer will first be played at theaters during the Ratatioulle premier.
                                Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-25-2007, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• GhostHost2
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                                  Actually, nobody has said that it would be a ride. The Wall-E rumor has simply referred to it as an attraction. We're likely talking about some sort of stationary attraction tant envolves mobile chairs and high tech. Think Flight to Mars on steroids, or the Alien Encounter format (only much better - or something completely unique. The top floor would be plenty of space for that.
                                  yeah, but it also has to have room for the queue and preshow and everything. I say get Microsoft out of there. But would an attractions such as you describe be an E-Ticket? Of course I consider very few E-Tickets worthy of their status.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                                    Iron-Clad Allie
                                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_4Ss7Hz1RY&mode=related&search=[/YOUTUBE]

Actually, I think that ASIMO is the coolest thing to ever hit Innoventions. That little robot is a pretty agile walker - even on the stairs. it has a pleasant voice to. Just for good measure, I;m including a video link.

I thought that the ToT's voice was that of rod Serling, too. Goes to show you how fantasticly talented some of the imitaters are!

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                                      Iron-Clad Allie
                                      • Feb 2005

yeah, but it also has to have room for the queue and preshow and everything. I say get Microsoft out of there. But would an attractions such as you describe be an E-Ticket? Of course I consider very few E-Tickets worthy of their status.
                                      Perhaps the plan is to have Microsoft out of the building by the time that construction begins on the attraction. As I earlier said, construction won't begin until late 2008 / early 2009 and be complete until late 2010 / early 2011. Hopefully, Microsofts contract will be up by then - or perhaps they would cut some sort of a deal with Disney to opt out.

Comment

• SILVERMOUSE21
                                        ~Mambo Italiano~
                                        • Jun 2007

I am sorry but this movie seems kinda scary I mean, the human race is no more?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X