This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armchair Engineering: Theming Cafe Orleans for Ratatouille

We've heard that Tony Baxter is apparently thinking of ways to put Ratatouille into the parks in some way. Well, they could easily theme Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square after La Ratatouille from the movie.

It wouldn't take much work to do, just a sign change here and there. But if they really wanted to "plus" it, they could have a large window on the kitchen door where a little animatronic Remy could peek out of the window from time to time. And, although some people don't like this, they could even have character dining with Remy and Emile walking around the tables.

Cafe Orleans is great, but theming it after Ratatouille would make it even better.

Re: Armchair Engineering: Theming Cafe Orleans for Ratatouille

Hmmm....interesting idea, but one of the things I like about NOS is that it doesn't scream characters, or Pixar, everywhere. And I think the last thing we need is more character dining!

Comment

As cute as that would be, I think the movie deserves more than a restaurant.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
        Hmmm....interesting idea, but one of the things I like about NOS is that it doesn't scream characters, or Pixar, everywhere. And I think the last thing we need is more character dining!
        Nightmare Before Christmas? Jack Sparrow?

Comment

Originally posted by CelestialImperium View Post
          As cute as that would be, I think the movie deserves more than a restaurant.
          The movie is about a restaurant and food.

Comment

Originally posted by ManaByte View Post
            There is more to it than that. That's like saying The little mermaid is about a redhead and a Jamaican lobster.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

Well gosh, couldn't we theme anything that served food to Ratatouille?

I know New Orleans/Cajun food is greatly influenced by French cuisine, but Ratatouille is set in Paris. You'd be diluting the theme of New Orleans Square to re-theme a restaurant to that movie that doesn't need to be re-themed in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisaaron View Post
                Well gosh, couldn't we theme anything that served food to Ratatouille?

I know New Orleans/Cajun food is greatly influenced by French cuisine, but Ratatouille is set in Paris. You'd be diluting the theme of New Orleans Square to re-theme a restaurant to that movie that doesn't need to be re-themed in the first place.
                They already have Remy and Emile in the window, Ratatouille on the menu, and the kids menus are Ratatouille themed...

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                  Nightmare Before Christmas? Jack Sparrow?
                  Ok I stand corrected: :blush:
                  one of the things I like about NOS is that it doesn't scream characters Pixar, everywhere.

Comment

They already have Remy and Emile in the window, Ratatouille on the menu, and the kids menus are Ratatouille themed...
                    Those are temporary additions to promote the theatrical release of the movie. A permanent re-theme of the restaurant dilutes the New Orleans theme.

Comment

Ratatouille is already on the menu at the Cafe.
                      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy54 View Post
                        Ratatouille is already on the menu at the Cafe.
                        Ok apparently even NOS screams Pixar now! What doesn't these days?!

Comment

No thank you!!!

Comment

uhm no sorry,

paris is NOT new orleans square sorrrryyy
                            we can have the new princess in NOS but not a FRENCH rat.

just because new orleans is a french portish thing it doesnt make it france.

theres my opinion

Comment

Ratatouille is defined as:

If you notice, this is what it looks like he is making the in the 9 minute preview over at apple.com
                              "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X