• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tracy98
    MiceChatter
    • Dec 2006

July 5th crowds

Just wondering what the crowds may be like on the 5th of July. I have a bunch of friends visiting me from Australia and it is the only day they can go.
    Ta!
  • Malcon10t
    Minion
    • Jun 2005

Re: July 5th crowds

Originally posted by Tracy98 View Post
    Just wondering what the crowds may be like on the 5th of July. I have a bunch of friends visiting me from Australia and it is the only day they can go.
    Ta!
    My guess? With the 4th being in the middle of the week, folks will be staying til Friday or Sat.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

• Rapunzel
      Sock Puppet
      • Apr 2006

Ouch... Make sure to get them up and at the park early so you can avoid the long lines.

Comment

• Tracy98
        MiceChatter
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
        Ouch... Make sure to get them up and at the park early so you can avoid the long lines.
        We are planning that, but some of the group is a family with 3 kids under 4! Plus they are staying in Thousand Oaks! (I only live 15min away)

Comment

• TaraPiglet
          MiceChatter
          • May 2007

I'm going that week. I think it'll be busy but I love that!

Comment

• SorcererMickey
            WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
            • Nov 2006

I'll be there and I'm meeting up with a family of 5 as it is the only day they can go. I also gave them a reason to drive the 2 hours to DL, they haven't been in over 6 years!

I know it will be extremely busy but that just goes with the time of year.

Comment

• CUatDL
              See you there!
              • Oct 2005

Because of when the holidtay is, it looks like Independence Day may be turning into Independence Week this year.

That said, Independence Day (July 4), the actual holiday will attract many locals, and some will not be there July 5. July 5 will most likley be crowded, but it should not be as crowded as July 4.

In the end, it's a crap-shoot, it could be very, very crowded. But if July 5 is the only day you can go, go and enjoy.

CU@DL

Andy
              -
              What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

• SorcererMickey
                WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
                • Nov 2006

Believe it or not, the week of July 4th was cheaper when I booked the hotel. I would have prefered the week before or after but it was a significant difference.

Comment

• Tracy98
                  MiceChatter
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by SorcererMickey View Post
                  I'll be there and I'm meeting up with a family of 5 as it is the only day they can go. I also gave them a reason to drive the 2 hours to DL, they haven't been in over 6 years!

I know it will be extremely busy but that just goes with the time of year.
                  That's awesome! Most of the ppl in the group have never been! I am so excited to be able to show them around. And they have 2 young girl's who will be thrilled to see the princesses! It may be crowded, but to get to experience it with the lil girls and then the "older kids" (mid 20's and their first time as well) will be worth going!
                  I haven't been during the 4th of July week in yr's, so thanks for all the replies! I know it is going to be crowded, since it is summer, but wasn't sure if it was going to be crazy like it was in Jan and Nov!

Comment

• brigeet
                    • Apr 2005

We went July 5th three years ago in '04. We took our relatives from Ireland who came out for our wedding. It was quite hot and busy but it was fun since they had never been before. They had problems with the heat since they weren't used io it. Some of them got headaches from the sun. They all needed water, sunglasses, hats, and sunscreen but didn't bring each of those four things. We got there early and had a plan. I want to say both (1) have a plan but also (2) be flexible! They wanted to leave early so we didn't stay for fireworks. What can we say other than it'll be busy! But if you're happy and easily adjust you'll be fine.

Also, if you are obsessive like me and want your friends to hit all of the important rides, you can use/buy/download Ridemax. I recommend it for taking tourists! We used it on Labor Day and were totally ahead of schedule and got on almost every ride. www.ridemax.com. When you print it out it looks intense, but usually I have heard and experienced that you end up with more free time than it actually says. Do a search for "ridemax" on here and you'll see other people's experience with it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X