Is great moments with Mr Lincoln coming back this year or 2008?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hakuna Makarla
    Banned User
    • Aug 2005

Is great moments with Mr Lincoln coming back this year or 2008?

This is a favorite of my daughters and mine, and we want to see him when we go back in early 2008. also do you know when we can find out what rides will be down for refurbishment in January and february 2008?
    thank you
  • Uzmati
    Zero Blockout Dates
    • Mar 2006

Re: Is great moments with Mr Lincoln coming back this year or 2008?

I was just thinking about this same thing the other day.

Isn't the Donald and Steve show supposed to be long gone already?
    I hope Mr Lincoln returns as well as Mr Disney's office that I believe is still on display in Florida.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

• bbks18
      DL is my anti-drug.
      • Mar 2007

I havent heard anything about the great moments coming back

Comment

• I Heart Disneyland
        Banned User
        • Aug 2005

I sure hope he DOES come back, Karla. I'd love to see it again...we love it too.

Comment

• Lore
          Animatronic
          • Mar 2005

Give them time. It'll take them awhile to refurb the attraction to make it relevant to today's youth. Soon though, The 50th movie will be gone and "Rappin' with the Penny Dude" will be open.

Comment

• techskip
            I Break Things
            • Jun 2007

Granted I am no Steve Martin fan, personally I think both shows were somewhat out of context on Main Street USA. I hope they bring it back, but I would love to see it moved to Frontierland, in a more appropriate time period. Sure you can say... well there is a Steam train right next to a historic Opera House... but then one of the MS Cars drives by and ruins that effect.
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

• RumRunner31
              Squaw NO gettum firewood!
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Lore View Post
              "Rappin' with the Penny Dude"
              Or they'll just throw some eyeliner on him and give him a bottle of rum. "Yo ho, four score and seven years ago..."
              "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

• Disneykat
                For old time sake
                • Apr 2005

You should be able to find out closures closer to the dates. If they do Nightmare before Christmas overlay on HM...that will possibly be down. As for Lincoln, good question.......
                Katie :yea:
                Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
                  Banned User
                  • Jun 2006

I talked to a CM friend of mine that wors at the Opera house and he said they Lincoln will be bac sometime next year.

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                    Beach Expert
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                    I talked to a CM friend of mine that wors at the Opera house and he said they Lincoln will be bac sometime next year.
                    Hmm...

Isn't that what they said last year?

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
                      Banned User
                      • Jun 2006

Well, that is what I just heard.

Comment

• aerinpegadrak
                        Basking in birthday love
                        • Jul 2005

Lincoln's coming back in October. Everyone can kindly stop whining about it now and can return to their old habit of waxing rhapsodic about the show without, you know, ever going in.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

• JeffYardDog
                          MiceChatter
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
                          Lincoln's coming back in October. Everyone can kindly stop whining about it now and can return to their old habit of waxing rhapsodic about the show without, you know, ever going in.
                          Well, they could jazz it up with a presentation of "Our American Cousin"

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                            Iron-Clad Allie
                            • Feb 2005

The 50 yEARS Donald and cast member Steve show has apparently proven so popular that Disney extended it's stay. Disney said that Lincoln would be removed temporarily for the DL aniversary production. I think that if they bring back Lincoln, a new promotion gimmick will need to be used in order to bolster interest.

I loved the new audio 3-D / animatronic / film show. But, audiences were rather lean. I think most people either didn't realize it was there, or didn't give the audio 3-D a chance, or simply plowed past on their way to the major lands and e-ticket rides. Hope Abe comes back. I honestly do. But, don't be surprised that if he does - it will likely be something fresh, more advanced and exciting.
                            Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-04-2007, 02:17 AM.
                            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

• Wally
                              Fastest Man Alive
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
                              Count me as one of them. As is, I find the 50th exhibit much more entertaining.
                              "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

• Herbie53
                                Herbie53
                                • Jul 2007

I think it should be GRAPE moments with Mr. Lincoln, sponsored by Welch's Grape Jelly!

He will bring you thru the history of grapes while contantly stomping on grapes for wine.

Of course in the lobby would be the Grape Juice Bar.
                                Favorite sites of the moment:
                                Mice Age
                                Mouse Clubhouse
                                TV Shows on DVD

Comment

• Gopher
                                  • May 2005

The Lincoln "Haircut/Buzzing Flies/Legless Soldier" Show was horrific! Why should Disney spend money to bring this show back?

Opera House is a prime location. I don't think it will ever live up to it's full potential.

However, I am obligated to smirk, "I wonder how popular the Opera House would be if they did install Muppet*Vision in the early 90's?"

Comment

• techskip
                                    I Break Things
                                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Gopher View Post
                                    Opera House is a prime location. I don't think it will ever live up to it's full potential.
                                    I would say prime location for a store... no one notices the sad little Opera House unless they are waiting for a parade or it has a character standing next to it. Because of the way the lobby is designed it looks more like a storefront than an attraction. The old movie house has a similar problem.
                                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

• Club 33
                                      Know More Than You Should
                                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                                      I would say prime location for a store... no one notices the sad little Opera House unless they are waiting for a parade or it has a character standing next to it. Because of the way the lobby is designed it looks more like a storefront than an attraction. The old movie house has a similar problem.
                                      Funny you should mention, because at the Magic Kingdom in Florida, it is a store, and it's called Exposition Hall.

It's still pretty empty though.

Comment

• Diznyfan
                                        MA Reader Since 2003
                                        • Mar 2007

I hope they bring back a new and improved version of the old show. I loved it even as a kid. Whatever they do they need to do something because the Steve Martin thing doesnt warrant repeat visits.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
                                        -Albert Einstein
                                        sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X