Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Monorail trips from Dtd....

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monorail trips from Dtd....

O.K. so in another thread someone mentioned that they used to sell round trip tickets on the Monorail from the DLH, that got me thinking:

What if they designated one car on each Monorail for round trips from DtD for people that do not have park tickets?

They could charge say $7.50 for a round trip, the car doors could remain closed in Tommorrowland and they could have a special speil in that car like a "monorail guided tour of the Disneyland Resort"

What do you guys think?
    Yes, that is a great idea!
    29.17%
    No! Disney already makes enough money!
    70.83%

Re: Monorail trips from Dtd....

I don't think people who don't have park tickets/APs would be in DtD. Also, wouldn't seeing the park just depress people since they couldn't actually go there? And wouldn't it be hard to keep track of those who had park tickets vs. those who didn't?

Comment

Lets tie the roundtrip people to the roof.

But uhh, what i would probably do would be to send a 3rd Monorail that services as the roundtrip monorail
      ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

Yeah, they should bring this back. I used to take the tailcone on a round-trip ride for a couple bucks. Good times. Especially during the fireworks!

Comment

Monorails close during fireworks. Nowadays, anyway.
          sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

I say nay

Comment

This idea has potential but the problem is how that would fit with all the current ticketing things. A designated monorail would work...but the amount of people who would use would not fill the train. Then that would slow the other people down.
              Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                I don't think people who don't have park tickets/APs would be in DtD. Also, wouldn't seeing the park just depress people since they couldn't actually go there? And wouldn't it be hard to keep track of those who had park tickets vs. those who didn't?
                Actually, us locals go to DTD just to hang out there all the time.

Before DCA they used to do this and it worked just fine. You payed for the ticket and they put you in the nose cone, from what I remember. My only problem with reinstating this is I don't think it could be done unless they add a third or even fourth train because they probably would have to use up an entire car due to the increased demand (more people in that area now that it is DCA versus when that was a part of the DLH).

My mom used to do this for me all the time as an after school treat. She would pick me up and we would go for a ride on the monorail. Sure, I kind of wished I was in DL but I knew better not to complain about it.

Comment

i don't think i would do it , besides i think Disney would charge a touch over $7.50 for the round trip

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

I actually think alot of people would do this for like 10... we get people all the time who arrive late in the day at the hotels and wonder if they can go on the monorail without wasting a day of thier tickets... when I tell them no they all get really depressed... I think if you were to split the station in half and have a designated train it would work and people would actually pay...

Comment

I don't live in the area, but if I did I would probably have an AP, so I wouldn't take the monorail round trip. I would probably go to DTD occasionally though - to watch a movie or something.

If I was in the area for a day trip/business I might consider taking a round trip just to take a peek at the park. I don't think that I would pay more than $10.00 to do it though.

Comment

I like the idea of a seperate train.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                          I don't think people who don't have park tickets/APs would be in DtD.
                          Back before I had an AP, my boyfriend and I would stop at DTD on our way home from San Diego to eat. Also, there is HOB there and people go there specifically to see concerts, not to go to the park as well.
                          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
                            I actually think alot of people would do this for like 10... we get people all the time who arrive late in the day at the hotels and wonder if they can go on the monorail without wasting a day of thier tickets... when I tell them no they all get really depressed... I think if you were to split the station in half and have a designated train it would work and people would actually pay...
                            A designated train for this is a great idea! And I do see people doing this for $10.

What I don't see is Disney ending this in the first place since it was a good way for them to make a buck!

Comment

I'll tell you what angers me is when I wanto to get on the monrail from DtD and NO ONE GETS OFF. Some people like ot as an attraction. Others want to use as a mode of transportation ot the park.

They should have two lines, a line that is for one way travel and a line for round trip travel This way half of the monorail will have to exit.
                              sigpic
                              When attractions were original

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X