Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Call to Arms: Midway Games leaving!

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Call to Arms: Midway Games leaving!

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
    Good riddance. Now, if they could just get rid of the
    rest of the horrible pier theme.
    I like the theme.

Comment

i am glad to see them go. they made DCA feel like a really watered down version of six flags. those games have no place in disney. i still think they need to get rid of the starcade as well. but from what i hear, only a few of the games are being removed, not all of them. they are removing some of them so the cast members can have a way to get backstage to get to their break room that way they dont have to walk all the way around the pier to the backstage area and by the time they get there their break is over.

Comment

I never play any of there games there. They didn't have any good prizes. Infact I never saw a prize that had stuff in there of Disney. U would of think that all there prize would had stuff to do with Disney and not that other stuff.

Comment

Glad to see them go also. We never played them, in fact, my 12 year old, who normally loves games like that, absolutely refuses "because Walt Disney didn't want those in his park" I :love: him

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I couldn't believe those cheesy games. Glad to see them go. When I first saw them I thought whats next? Cheesy photographers taking your photo for cash, churro carts on every corner, stores you had to exit through... oh wait...

Actually, they sort of reminded me of the country fair theme Disneyland had going back in the 80's. The walk to Small World was magically transformed into a 3rd world midway for rubes.

Comment

I'm one of those people to be glad to see them GONE! To me, it just wasn't a good idea.
              "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

would anybody notice that they were gone?:0P

Comment

Goodbye and good riddance to them!

The irony of it all, how so much of DCA's attractions were based on what Walt didn't want his parks to be...the reason why he came up with Disneyland in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                    Goodbye and good riddance to them!

The irony of it all, how so much of DCA's attractions were based on what Walt didn't want his parks to be...the reason why he came up with Disneyland in the first place!
                    Yeah, I always thought that was funny as well...
                    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Originally posted by misterp102778 View Post
                      would anybody notice that they were gone?:0P
                      Not me. Never played them. Don't even know what games are there. It's just one of the areas I never go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly View Post
                        The original reopening date we were given was in late October. Now since it was delayed a couple of weeks they will probably come back in November.
                        This makes sense, as hey almost have to come back. How could you have Midway Mania without a Midway.
                        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                          I never play any of there games there. They didn't have any good prizes. Infact I never saw a prize that had stuff in there of Disney. U would of think that all there prize would had stuff to do with Disney and not that other stuff.
                          I'm with Capt Hook's. I never understood why they gave cheap prizes instead of Disney related ones. The "low-end" prizes could be plushes of not very well known Disney characters, and then the "high-end" could be a HUGE Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse!

Maybe even have one extremely tough or random chance game to have somebody win a dinner for two at Ariel's Grotto, or win FastPasses!

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                            Were they the best place to work because nobody went to them? Sounds like an easy way to make $8.25 an hour - doing nothing.

Actually, I got paid $10 an hour =P

doing nothing? ha. Games were just as busy as other departments. Granted we stood in one spot, but doesnt a churro vendor or the dole whip vendors?

Some of the oldest Cast Members in all of DCA and in the DLR in general were in Games, one of them since 1972!

once I remember, the powers that be were going to close the Games for the week of Thanksgiving in 05, but the oldies and myself included volunteered to work those entire days by ourselves to keep them open.

12 hours a day and for 6 days out of that week we did it.

Anyhoo, yes, not all of the games will be gone for good, and they will be back once the new ride opens.

i think Reboundo will be the one that will stay open, which is fine as that was my favorite game to work at besides the Dolphin racing. the others, such as New Haul Fishery, etc. will be closed for an indefinate amount of time while they work out the new plan for it.
                            PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
                            Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
                            3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X