This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think Eisner's gonna have her killed? :devil:
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith157
      Do you think Eisner's gonna have her killed? :devil:
      Nah...he wouldn't do anything that extreme. Just probably torture her for a while.
      Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
      Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
      Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
      Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
      Marge: Pink.
      Homer: D'oh!
      Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fes2
        One word for Raven...

"Nevermore"
        Nice.

Raven does need to remember that no one knew who she was after the 'Cosby Show' peetered out. Disney focused a lot of their attention on her and built her up. She needs to play ball and be pro-Disney if she wants to keep her Mouse gig and continue what she's doing. If not, they have every right to get rid of her for saying something like this.

She's only 19, we say things we don't think about first when we are teens, that's what being a teen is all about. We learn and move on. But, she's in a grown up's profession and should act like one or risk being a tv commercial spokesperson for Six Flags. Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
          Ditto...scary, huh?
          It's been coming on slowly over the last year. More and more I start to sound like my folks, and it's begining to set in to acceptance. Hence why I am trying to shake up thw world with my own toons and offerings.... (See Avtar for more info)

This whole "Tween" media consciousness over the last couple of years has started to wear on me big time! I am convinced that nothing good will come of it. Just look what has been done to The Disney Channel!
          www.deliciousmayhem.net
          www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
            But, she's in a grown up's profession and should act like one or risk being a tv commercial spokesperson for Six Flags. Yuck.
            Exactly. If you're gonna play with the big kids...act like a big kid.
            Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
            Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

Comment

Entire Disney Fan Community: *Facepalm*
              Visit me at HeatherOrth.com!

Mice Chat: Come for the Disney, stay for the Monkey. :monkey:

Comment

She could have easily just said california screamin'.

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                  Amazing.. say hello to their new cookie cutter.... (who is next in line...)

First hillary and her "mother" and now raven and her" 6 flags"

Whats next...... oh wait.. lindsey needs to mess up.....
                  I thought Lindsey already had? Oh wait, an 18y/o girl is allowed to date a 40-ish guy.:devil:
                  The One, the Only, the Original:
                  Dr. Indiana Jones

Comment

Disney focused a lot of their attention on her and built her up. She needs to play ball and be pro-Disney if she wants to keep her Mouse gig and continue what she's doing. If not, they have every right to get rid of her for saying something like this
                    What, are we in 1940's Hollywood now? I don't know who this Raven chick is, but if she is just supposed to dishonestly spout the company line simply because she gets work from them, that's kind of pathetic ... and so 70 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                      She could have easily just said california screamin'.
                      Excuse me, there is a big difference between "X" and California Screamin'

In fact, IMHO, Screamin' isn't even in the top 5 roller coasters in Southern California. (Nice smooth coaster, but a bit bland)
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by swagdaddy
                        It's been coming on slowly over the last year. More and more I start to sound like my folks, and it's begining to set in to acceptance. Hence why I am trying to shake up thw world with my own toons and offerings.... (See Avtar for more info)

This whole "Tween" media consciousness over the last couple of years has started to wear on me big time! I am convinced that nothing good will come of it. Just look what has been done to The Disney Channel!
                        Agreed. I grew up on the classic Disney cartoons and Fragile Rock. When I have kids, I'm not even sure I would want them watching the Disney Channel at the rate its descending. I mean, a teenager Psychic?? Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer
                          Excuse me, there is a big difference between "X" and California Screamin'

In fact, IMHO, Screamin' isn't even in the top 5 roller coasters in Southern California. (Nice smooth coaster, but a bit bland)
                          I understand...but if she was so concerned about being 'cool', she could've said california screamin' just for the sake of keeping it with disney. regardless of what she really felt. that's like michael jordan saying he really likes to wear reebok, when he's always worked with nike.

Comment

Originally posted by innerSpaceman
                            What, are we in 1940's Hollywood now. I don't know who this Raven chick is, but if she is just supposed to dishonestly spout the company line simply because she gets work from them, that's kind of pathetic ... and so 70 years ago.
                            She was in the Disneyland Resort, she's on the Disney Channel show 'That's So Raven', she did a song for Disney's The Haunted Mansion Soundtrack, she does a voice for Disney's 'Kim Possible' tv show and she's in Disney's 'The Cheetah Girls'.
                            She was performing at the Disneyland Resort being paid by Disney to be there.
                            It's not okay for her to tout the competition. She could have said what her favorite ride in the Disneyland Resort was, I believe that was the question. The question wasn't which theme park she preferred. If she wanted to be rebellious she could have even named a ride at Disneyland and not DCA, but she bit the hand that feeds her.

I may prefer another exhibit at the Long Beach Aquarium, but I don't tell guests that at the Monterey Bay Aquarium while I'm working. I tell them about the exhibits I like at MBA. Imagine what my boss might say if I just up and said, 'I work here but I prefer Sea World.'

Comment

Well, see, there's the difference. I don't look at acting talent (not that I'm claiming she has any actual talent) are "employees" of a studio. That is not the way in works in modern times. I don't think her remark was particularly well-thought, but she's not an on-duty employee.

Comment

but she's not an on-duty employee.
                                She was an on-duty employee/cast member. She had just finished a song, speech or whatever she was doing and then said what she said. While she's there, she represents the company.

Comment

Well, see, there's the difference. I don't look at acting talent (not that I'm claiming she has any actual talent) are "employees" of a studio. That is not the way in works in modern times. I don't think her remark was particularly well-thought, but she's not an on-duty employee.
                                  I disagree. Just as Gemini Criket explained, when you're an employee of a company (or hold a contract to one), even if you're "off-duty", you still have an obligation to hold the standards of the company, specially, those employees in the entertainment industry, such as she is. Any bad publicity that is said "off duty" is negative for her own identity as well as the company's identity. The tounge is definitely a double edged sword.

Comment

She was an on-duty employee/cast member. She had just finished a song, speech or whatever she was doing and then said what she said. While she's there, she represents the company.
                                    You have a good point GC. When I was singing in the Candlelight Processional in WDW they announced that we were honorary Cast Members, and then told us that when we were "on-stage" that we were representitives of WDW and should act accordingly!!! This should count the same for a celebrity while at a Disney theme park!
                                    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
                                    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

Disney focused a lot of their attention on her and built her up. She needs to play ball and be pro-Disney if she wants to keep her Mouse gig and continue what she's doing. If not, they have every right to get rid of her for saying something like this..
                                      I agree. Raven can be annoying. At TDS they sent us Raven product after the Lizzie and Kim stuff came in. With a diverse shopping demographic, you figure that would help? No. Anything Raven in our store simply doesn't sell. What does she think she has? Sure, Cheetah Girls might sell and she was a part of that, but not her. She really should watch what she says.

For the Disney 411 clip of the 75 Mickey Statues Raven talked about her statue and said, "Mickey Mouse is the only Mouse I will kiss and hug!" That's nice Raven, but what about Minnie?

Comment

I bet Hillary Duff could beat up Raven

Comment

I bet they would be in a stand still... while lindsay loahn messes up and gets s***faced drunk on stage...

I think we need to boycot the entuire thing.. heck.. maby it would force them to stop making people like ashley simpson and hillary and persion who i didn't know who she was untill she poped out of knowhere one day called Raven.....

Stop the Tween cookie cutters....

Oh and when i marched on Afternoon p[arade at MK WDW... we were also told we were honorary CMS... and act acordinary onstage while wearing the shirts...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X