Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so tired of these so called "up and coming" tween stars. They're just kids. What do they know of life? What has the entertainment industry turned into...a daycare? And this is the generation that our children will admire. Sad.
    What's really sad is that these no talent hacks make more money in their short careers than most of us will in a lifetime.

Comment

Raven is fat and annoying and has very poor singing talents. i don't think it really matters, sponsored or not, what she says because the validity tied to her comments is not very respected.
      Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

What's sad is I actually like Raven. This just pushed down my respect level for her. I mean, compared to Hilary Duff who can neither act nor sign properly, Raven really put a 'wow' factor on me when she sang at the WDW Christmas Parade. Not that great but at least better than that blonde ditz with the condom in her see through purse.

It's just obvious when tweens/teens care more about their popularity/age rather than the make believe so loved when they were little. They'd pretty much do anything to get rid of it.

Oh. And damn WDW for getting the publicity... yet again. Nothing new.

Oh, and Mad Hatter: Duff against Raven? Raven would lay the smackdown, man. You gotta admit.
        SurfedUpDane: Jee, are we that shallow to throw insults at her weight? I mean, come on. Are we still in high school?
        I lurk.

Comment

Why is everyone picking on Raven! It's not like the title of the
          record and video is titled something like "Disneymania"

Raven, you just stared in a movie with Julie Andrew, had a
          successful season on the Disney channel with your very own
          sit com, and somehow managed to pull off singing several
          songs and music videos All in conjunction with the Disney
          Company! What are you going to do now?

Raven: I'm Going To Magic Mountain!
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

>>What, are we in 1940's Hollywood now? I don't know who this Raven chick is, but if she is just supposed to dishonestly spout the company line simply because she gets work from them, that's kind of pathetic ... and so 70 years ago.<<

Normally I agree with you, but not here. the reason performers are hired for anything is to be "on stage" while on duty - - in this case AT the park, actually ON stage. At a party or non-Disney event, maybe she can represnt herself.

Annette, Fess Parker and Guy Williams were better examples of Disney magic, no matter the year - -and I'm sure some of them had their issues in the day, but never showed them to the public. It is all a show, an illusion that THEY help create... Otherwise, what is the point of the label "actress"?

Actors are, by trade, dishonest - - their craft is to get you to believe in a false emotion. Why not here?
            Last edited by merlinjones; 02-06-2005, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith157
              Do you think Eisner's gonna have her killed? :devil:
              Or worse (for us), he'll put her in charge and tell her to turn DL into a park she'd rather go to before Six Flags!

Comment

Oh man, and I just loved her in Princess Diaries 2. Her performance was so incredible, and her number with Julie Andrews was so breathtaking! Who knew she had such amazing talent?

Such a shame to see her make such a poor choice.... She had such potential.... Now what's going to happen with Princess Diaries 3 - "The Royal Divorce?"

:devil:

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones
                  Annette, Fess Parker and Guy Williams were better examples of Disney magic, no matter the year
                  These classic examples also all knew Walt Disney personally. I think that has A LOT to do with it. So the year kinda does matter... It's easier to feel disconnected to a giant company like "Disney Co." than an actual intimate bond with Disney the man, Walt himself. (And remember/feel responsible to publiclly promote the company of the man you know who owns and runs it)

This Magic Mountain quip isn't really a big deal... It wasn't live... it was part of a makeshift Q&A between sets that probably wasn't filmed and definetly won't air. Despite personal opinions Raven is still a hot commodity, otherwise her show wouldn't be going into more seasons and they wouldn't keep using her for their movies and music videos.

None the less, I agree with the conesus that it was a stupid remark to say "I prefer six flags" True or not she is representing Disney and when all eyes are on you or at least John Q. Public's eyes... you're always supposed to promote the company you're being paid to... promote!
                  Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                  www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                  If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                  Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

Sounds a little like John Lennon's line about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus; it may be somewhat truthful at the time, but a really, really stupid thing to say. John majorly regretted saying it later; though he still felt it was the truth, I am betting she will regret it too.

Comment

Even if she preferred MM, surely she must have a ride at DL that she could have fondly remembered from when she was at her peak (the Cosby show) and presented it as her favorite ride at DL ......... was she making a statement, being rebellious, or just being ignorant?
                      "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                      - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Another Disney Channel star was not so happy to be there as well. Lizzie McGuire's Lalaine was also very rude I hear. She yelled at crew. She complained about her feet and offered to trade shoes with someone in the audience only if they were "Chucks" from Converse. She also warned children of the evils of coffee. She kept on yelling at the director referring to him as "The Man" when he asked that she do another take or repeat something. She snapped at one of her own back-up dancers and later at Downtown Disney she tried to disguise herself from fans that apparently weren't there by wearing a big hat and sunglasses at night while being lead around by a Disney CM and a security guard.
                        :ap: I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Darlin'
                          Another Disney Channel star was not so happy to be there as well. Lizzie McGuire's Lalaine was also very rude I hear. She yelled at crew. She complained about her feet and offered to trade shoes with someone in the audience only if they were "Chucks" from Converse. She also warned children of the evils of coffee. She kept on yelling at the director referring to him as "The Man" when he asked that she do another take or repeat something. She snapped at one of her own back-up dancers and later at Downtown Disney she tried to disguise herself from fans that apparently weren't there by wearing a big hat and sunglasses at night while being lead around by a Disney CM and a security guard.
                          Oh nice. I'm speachless. *shakes head in disaproval*
                          Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                          Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                          Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                          Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                          Marge: Pink.
                          Homer: D'oh!
                          Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Someone needs to give these kids a reality check and let them know that in the grand scheme of things...they are meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                              Someone needs to give these kids a reality check and let them know that in the grand scheme of things...they are meaningless.
                              You know who needs to to it? Their mom.
                              Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                              Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
                                You know who needs to to it? Their mom.

Good 'ol fashion butt whoopin'

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Aw, man, brings back memories of gettin' the wooden spoon when I got busted...
                                    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                                      Aw, man, brings back memories of gettin' the wooden spoon when I got busted...
                                      Ah, yes...the good ol' wooden spoon...

Comment

AGREED!!
                                        These kids think that just because they are making money they are untouchable and think that they can't be replaced......they need a quick reality check!!
                                        Oh, it erks me so much to hear how snotty these kids are....that is so disrespectful to their fans

Comment

Well folks, I was there in that audience. She said more things than just that which were kind of odd for her to be saying. Maybe Darkbeer could back me up on this, but I believe she lip synched her song too. I'm not sure though. I loved the monitor with all the words of her songs though.

Anyway, I am 19 and was pretty upset with her comment. It basically was word-for-word "I'm 19... I go to Six Flags". That was her reply to how old she was because the question before was what her favorite ride was in which she replied with something along the lines of "Oh, here... I'd say it, they may not like it". She was nice to everyone in the audience though and did a good job at interacting with everyone. Just didn't think she realized how she should be acting in a Disney Theme Park. There were barely anyone really watching her anyway.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X