This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This year's Christmas Parade will feature 7 Clydesdales during peak

Note, the following article has some "issues" in facts and knowledge, but you can figure out what it really means (No Parade of Dreams in December)

http://www.langleytimes.com/portals-...1021726&more=0

Reading the entire article, it sounds like the Clydesdales will be a Pre-Parade event, similar to how they are currently handling the Ratatouille Float.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: This year's Christmas Parade will feature 7 Clydesdales during peak

I'm confused. It says "Disney has booked the Dream Team until New Year's Eve." So this means that the YOMD will continue as planned?

And if the Clydesdales are said to be taking part in the Parade of Dreams, then how can there be no Parade of Dreams in December? Don't they usually do Christmas Fantasy once a day and POD once a day during holidays?

EDIT: It seems that the Clydesdales are being mislabled the "Dream Team," as this refers to the CMs who give out the YOMD prizes.

Comment

Canada Represting baby! Langleys close by.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

Comment

I don't care what parade they call it (and I think it is the Christmas parade and someone just got the names wrong) this sounds awesome! :thumbup:
        sigpic

Comment

That's so cool I love Clydesdales, I'm not much of a horse person but I think they are beautiful.

on a similer note (though off-topic sorry) if you go to any busch-garden/sea world parks they always have a Clydesdale exhibit or paddock in honor of Anheuser-Busch's history of pulling beer wagons by clydesdale.
          Other places you can find me:

Digg
          Steam

Comment

and so the invasion of Canada in Disneyland begins

~

Comment

There was a team of Disneyland Clydesdales which pulled the big (silver and blue) giant Calliope Wagon during the 25th Anniversary Parade - they were HUGE; (I remember that one Parade, they got spooked and RAN the length of Main Street; you only had to see the look in the drivers' eyes to know that 'Disaster' was imminent as they were yelling 'Whoa!" and yanking on the reins... they got to Town Square, and if on cue all stopped and proceeded along as normal; no one was hurt, and no damage to the calliope... Were they just feeling their oats?)

Any idea what adding the Clydesdales (from Canada, holding Canadian flags...) at this late date will add to the Parade of Dreams?
              "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post
                and so the invasion of Canada in Disneyland begins
                We've already got that mountie on Small World...

I still think they should build a park up here somewhere in the lower mainland area.

Comment

I'm thinking PRE-parade. Before POD and before Christmas Fantasy but not integrated into it.

I can't see them recording an all new soundtrack to be integrated into the existing parade soundtrack for this.

So if this is legit, I'd think it would be pre-parade.
                  Favorite sites of the moment:
                  Mice Age
                  Mouse Clubhouse
                  TV Shows on DVD

Comment

Wonderful news to me I've been around horses my entire life...they're truly special. And heaven knows I have a soft spot for Clydesdales.

Comment

awesomeness!!!!!!!!

Comment

That sounds very neat!

Comment

I agree, lower mainland or if they find room.. in the okanagan hahaha

~

Comment

I love horses and that would be an amazing XMas theme, don't get me wrong, my question is... is it safe riding that large of an animal in an extremely crowded public place? I'm sure Disney would take the proper precautions but it would still make me nervous
                            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

whats more dangerous... horses or huge floats which inevitabley have a vehicle under all the weight of the set peices.

~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X