Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    I've seen a lot of posts on DCA recently, started a couple. I've also seen a few Waterpark threads on here. So... if you had a choice, would you fix DCA and re-theme it or systematically remove attractions and eventually turn it into a waterpark with a Disney spin?

    My opinion is that either way... IT NEEDS HELP!
    64
    Re-theme it and keep it Amusement
    57.81%
    37
    Turn on the water
    4.69%
    3
    Just fix it, don't really care how.
    37.50%
    24
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

    sigpic

    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  • #2
    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

    Erm.. a water park themed on California?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

      I think it's a bit ludicrous to turn a theme park into a waterpark. A lot has been invested in DCA. Turning it into a waterpark would involve tearing out great attractions like Soarin' over California, the Hyperion Theatre, ToT, etc. etc.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

        Great Moments with the California Aqueduct! :lol:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

          I can hit a waterpark near my home or for that matter anywhere....


          I wanna go somewhere where it's unique.
          All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

            Hey DCA needs work but its a heckofalot better than any souless waterpark.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

              There are enough waterparks in SoCal...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

                Well, lets see Knotts has a waterpark in their own parking lot. Magic Mountain has a waterpark in their parking lot. Why not Disneyland having a waterpark in their old parking lot? I think NOT. Can you see the company Disneyland would be keeping if it made a waterpark in IT's old parking lot? Disney is above that.
                When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

                This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

                Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

                  There are big exciting plans afoot for DCA. A Cars themed Test Trackish type of ride for one thing. We can also expect a robocoaster dark ride, Little Mermaid darkride, a Crush's Coaster type of darkride/coaster, Mickey's PhilHarmagic, and a train ride that travels thru and around Grizzly River Run! I don't think these rides would work very well underwater.
                  Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2007, 03:52 PM.
                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

                    Well I'm glad to see the overwhelming support for DCA...with all the threads I was beginning to think everyone wanted it torn down... see it could be worse! Just wanted to prove that inside each and every one of us there is that Lesser of 2 evils factor, you may not LOVE DCA but you at least LIKE IT.

                    Did anyone really think I would support a waterpark? please... I HATE Water Parks.:lol:
                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                    sigpic

                    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

                      No for the water park!! It's warm in Southern California but not all year round. Most water parks shut down in the fall and don't open again until spring. Disney would lose sooooo much money during those months.

                      My best score ever!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

                        Originally posted by techskip View Post
                        Well I'm glad to see the overwhelming support for DCA...with all the threads I was beginning to think everyone wanted it torn down... see it could be worse! Just wanted to prove that inside each and every one of us there is that Lesser of 2 evils factor, you may not LOVE DCA but you at least LIKE IT.

                        Did anyone really think I would support a waterpark? please... I HATE Water Parks.:lol:
                        Great guage, techskip! :lmao:
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

                          Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                          Great guage, techskip! :lmao:
                          Thank You... hopefully no one is mad at me... sorry I blew the cover but I couldn't stop laughing when I realized people took me serious about changing it into a water park.... I have no love for DCA but I wouldn't do it if I had the chance.
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                          sigpic

                          "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

                            Originally posted by techskip View Post
                            Thank You... hopefully no one is mad at me... sorry I blew the cover but I couldn't stop laughing when I realized people took me serious about changing it into a water park.... I have no love for DCA but I wouldn't do it if I had the chance.
                            Yeah. We might have had to of thrown you overboard. LOL
                            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disney California ADV or Disney Waterpark Adv which should it be?

                              Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                              There are big exciting plans afoot for DCA. A Cars themed Test Trackish type of ride for one thing. We can also expect a robocoaster dark ride, Little Mermaid darkride, a Crush's Coaster type of darkride/coaster, Mickey's PhilHarmagic, and a train ride that travels thru and around Grizzly River Run! I don't think these rides would work very well underwater.
                              i dont think the train ride made it, and crush didnt make it either because we got nemo subs.


                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X