This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did it become Toy Story Mania and not Midway Mania

I was just checking the Disney Calendar and noticed this notice.

I've been gone for a month - so sorry if this is really old news.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Re: When did it become Toy Story Mania and not Midway Mania

Al Lutz announced this a couple of months ago. Although Midway Mania is a more appropriate name, I think Disney chose to name it Toy Story Mania to keep it the same with the Studios in WDW.

Comment

The term Midway Mania doesn't work in MGM. I figured they'd just both be named seperately, but my guess is they want to keep it the same.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
        The term Midway Mania doesn't work in MGM. I figured they'd just both be named seperately, but my guess is they want to keep it the same.
        I think it would make much more sense if they named them separately. It's not like it's never been done before.
        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
          I think they were trying to avoid what happened with Buzz Lightyear where they have the same ride with multiple names. I believe they were trying to make it more of a "franchise" like Pirates of the Caribbean and have all of the rides named the same.

Comment

We knew that the working title of the ride was "Toy Story Midway Mania", because I found a construction sign with the name on it in 2006

But when Disney officially announced the attraction on January 26th, 2007, the Press Release said "Toy Story Mania!", and has used that name ever since.
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X