Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Mom Heading to Disneyland 7/9 what should she know

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom Heading to Disneyland 7/9 what should she know

Well time to come out of lurking mode

I miss california at times like this. I've not been to Disnelyand since 1995 or so (they were building the Indiana Jones Ride if that gives the right time frame)

Anyhow between this and a few other sites I think I keep a good idea of whats going on.

My mother, her husband, and my step brother are all on vacataion in California and I've mangaed to talk her into going to Disneyland before they come back she hasn't been since I was there and her husband and my step brother never have been.

Anyhow, is there anything in the way of 'don't miss' these days other than the fireworks? (And as I understand it its pretty much a 'must view' from the hub?) Should she bother getting a ticket that covers DCA as well, or don't waste time/money. What about coordinating the various shows (fantasmic, the fireworks, etc), any advice on how to get the most out of her visit

This will probably be the one and only trip for my Step Brother and I really want to make the most of it for him. Told her I'd seek some advice from the experts

Thanks

Catch the 2nd showing of Fantasmic, because you really want to be on main street for the fireworks... make sure they have a clear view of the matterhorn, the castle, and the sky just up to the left of the castle. If you have a choice, try to be either in the center of main street, or skewed slightly to the east side.

If they're not big DL enthusiasts, then it's probably not essential to visit the 50th exhibit on Main Street, but that's not to say it isn't a nice thing to do anyway.

IASW is a cultural phenomenon, so whether or not it's "your thing", it ought to be done once. Shorter line at night.

Do all the mountains: Matterhorn, Splash, Thunder, and, if it's open, Space

Do the Haunted Mansion

Do Pirates

Do Indy

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by evainefaye
      Well time to come out of lurking mode

I miss california at times like this. I've not been to Disnelyand since 1995 or so (they were building the Indiana Jones Ride if that gives the right time frame)

Anyhow between this and a few other sites I think I keep a good idea of whats going on.

My mother, her husband, and my step brother are all on vacataion in California and I've mangaed to talk her into going to Disneyland before they come back she hasn't been since I was there and her husband and my step brother never have been.

Anyhow, is there anything in the way of 'don't miss' these days other than the fireworks? (And as I understand it its pretty much a 'must view' from the hub?) Should she bother getting a ticket that covers DCA as well, or don't waste time/money. What about coordinating the various shows (fantasmic, the fireworks, etc), any advice on how to get the most out of her visit

This will probably be the one and only trip for my Step Brother and I really want to make the most of it for him. Told her I'd seek some advice from the experts

Thanks
      I'm not one to answer about DCA with my Negative Nelly attitude, but in this case and only in this case I would say to get a hopper pass. It's so crowded that you can get relief at DCA. Also, don't try to see everything in a day or you will miss many under the radar things. Take your time and enjoy the great feeling of "coming home."
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

A few months ago another new member posted the following thread which resulted in many good tips when she asked about how to approach her first time visit to Disneyland. She also started other threads that contain a huge amount of advice on enjoying the parks in the middle of July. Go to Members List and look for the threads started by her and bring a notepad.

Enjoy your trip!

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=2554
        "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

One day, at those prices, in summer, on a Saturday? I would have suggested not going.

If you insist, though:
          1. Get there early. At the "rope drop."
          2. Set up Ridemax for them (i.e., pay for it), if they're interested in going commando (not, not that "going commando").
          3. For going on only one busy day, there usually isn't much time to walk out and over to DCA, not like it, and then go back to DL, so I recommend against the extra $20 for a park-hopper.
          4. Fireworks first, then the second show of Fantasmic! It makes for a long day, starting at 8AM (?) rope drop and then ending with a 11PM or so finish of Fantasmic! And it might be hot during the day. I suggest a nice long linner (or dunch) at about 3PM in Downtown Disney or one of the hotels. Take the monorail in and out of DL.

Others can provide details, but these are the main points. Without knowing your family's particular interests (thrills or nostalgia), it's hard to recommend any particular attractions. Suffice it to say, there are a lot of them, and seeing 10 or 11 of them in one busy summer day should be considered a success.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X