This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with 3D Attractions

The New Star Tours rumor gave me an idea for a post, which is something I have wondered for awhile. Everytime I see a 3D attraction it never looks 3D to me, I remember seeing Captian EO as a kid and had no trouble, but as an adult it just sucks. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there something wrong with my eyes?

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein
    sigpic

Re: Trouble with 3D Attractions

Nope, nothing wrong with your eyes!
    Have you recently seen HISTA? The 3-D is blured.

Comment

It depends on the technology used. For instance, I saw Spy Kids 3D and it was pathetic...but then I saw Superman Returns in 3D, and it was awesome! It depends on the type of glasses and stuff...
      "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Never had a problem with 3D stuff (movies or attractions)

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

Originally posted by kevsgarden View Post
          Nope, nothing wrong with your eyes!
          Have you recently seen HISTA? The 3-D is blured.
          Yes this one is particularly bad for me, I keep rubbing my eyes looking around at everyone else and they seem to be enjoying themselves so I just assumed it was me.

-Albert Einstein
          sigpic

Comment

that stupid little 3d spirit in muppets 3d is always off for me.
            some 3d is cheap

Comment

The best 3-D that I've seen has been Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D and Meet the Robinsons in 3-D.

The technology for those are AMAZING. If they could apply that to atractions, they will be amazing too.
              (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
              (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

I think the Capt EO 3D was better than the Muppets 3D and HISTA.

Plus I think there was much more depth used in the filming of Capt. EO

Comment

Different technologies do help, but if I recall from some of my college classes I remember learning that biologically speaking, some people cannot detect 3D perception as well as others do.

Comment

Distance between your eyes matters.

I think the problem has to do with the distance between your eyes. With small children, the distance is shorter, so the perceived effect is greater. I know this because when I was smaller, I watched Magic Journeys and noticed that the objects all ended up looking like they were about 1-2 feet away from my face. As an adult, I watched that movie when it was just about to close and the objects all appeared to be about 4-5 feet away from my face.

When I've played with 3-D systems where I have control over them, like computer games, I find I have to adjust the "separation" between the images to be further since my eye distance is wider than average.

So you'll notice that with small children, the 3-D images will cause them to want to "pet" the objects floating in front of them, while guys with big giant heads (like me!) will never notice that tendency, or if they do, they have to reach a full arms length away.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion View Post
                      The best 3-D that I've seen has been Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D and Meet the Robinsons in 3-D.

The technology for those are AMAZING. If they could apply that to atractions, they will be amazing too.

Comment

For myself, I have reading glasses, meaning I'm very farsighted. I used to be teased because if you tossed me a ball, as it got closer to me--it would phase/blur out and I was a lousy catch because of it.

I've noticed that I can see the 'depth' of a three-D movie fine, but as the images leave the frame, they pop out of focus if I don't have my reading glasses on.

I have noticed that, however, if I wear my glasses up until beforehand, I'm okay as well.

It's weird.

But I hear ya. The three-D stuff does mess with your vision and your head.

Peace,
                        Roo
                        husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

i think 3d films are getting old, im always expecting

1. something "attacking" us
                          2. the rat trick
                          3. a "sneeze" "squirt" "wet explosion"

eh and they give me headaches

Comment

So you'll notice that with small children, the 3-D images will cause them to want to "pet" the objects floating in front of them, while guys with big giant heads (like me!) will never notice that tendency, or if they do, they have to reach a full arms length away.
                            Yeah I remember doing this when I was a child. I never thought about that , maybe I have a big head problem as well

-Albert Einstein
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm slightly 'wall-eyed' and I find that I see the effect better if I go to the 3 d film early, before my eyes tire. It's much harder for me to hold the focus if my eyes are tired.
                              I also could never make out the 'hidden' image in those abstract, spotty pictures.
                              So there are many reasons why the effect works well or at all for different people.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X