This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunch of complainers

Wow a lot here complain about everything that Disney does or doesn't do. It almost seams that a place that makes you happy also makes you hate it. The Gallery is going to be something new the ugly decorations are gone. The paint hasn't been touched up yet etc...

Ever think about just going to the park and enjoying it for what it is and how it makes you feel. Every time I go every problem worry go away while I'm in the park. Yeah I might see something that is unpleasing to my eye but I don't think about it anymore I'm not their for that.

A lot seem uneasy to change examples are Pirate island POTC Haunted mansion Space Mountain and new suite for a guest in park. I'm sure their are more but what was cool to you as a kid ain't cool to your kids now. Change is good as long as the original dream is honored. Main Street has changes but it still feels the way it was when I was a kid in the 70's

Their is a a lot of complaining about stuff somebody probable spent a lot of time on designing planning making. How would you feel if you came here and read complaint one after another about what you help make?

Oh it's a public place they should be ready for criticism (I know I'll see that reply) Just think about your job and something you worked hard on and their was a web site and people bashed it left and right how'd you like it? Forums can be created for anything.

Wish you all would enjoy the park more not hunt for the bad.

Re: Bunch of complainers

Amen.

Comment

We love the parks, but it is our duty as hardcore Disney fanatics, to strive for the ultimate quality the Disney name was built on.

Comment

i dont think anyone hunts for the bad, it just sometimes is so in your face u notice it and complain about it. **monsters inc. COUGH** lemme add an IMO
        Last edited by patattack; 07-11-2007, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
          We love the parks, but it is our duty as hardcore Disney fanatics, to strive for the ultimate quality the Disney name was built on.

:lol:

Originally posted by patattack View Post
          i dont think anyone hunts for the bad, it just sometimes is so in your face u notice it and complain about it. **monsters inc. COUGH**
          a lot of folks love monsters. and ummmm a lot of travelers do not see every chip of paint. and yeah, I do believe a lot of "hard core disney fanatics hunt for the bad.

Comment

So, we're complaining about people who voice their opinions
            on DL. Welcome to the chat boards. You'll fit right in with
            all the rest of us complainers. :
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Complaining about complainers....okay!

No matter what anyone does, anywhere, in any form, there is going to be criticism. Just because someone worked very hard and dedicated a lot of time to a project, that doesn't mean that it materialized in it's best possible form and to it's full potential.

Some people are perfectionists. They would like to see everything a specific way and in extreme detail. Others couldn't give a hoot about problems, or things that are deemed by individuals as unsightly or abominable.

Discussing what we like and don't like about Disney is what is going to shape the park for future generations.
              MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by phkna View Post

Their is a a lot of complaining about stuff somebody probable spent a lot of time on designing planning making. How would you feel if you came here and read complaint one after another about what you help make?

Oh it's a public place they should be ready for criticism (I know I'll see that reply) Just think about your job and something you worked hard on and their was a web site and people bashed it left and right how'd you like it? Forums can be created for anything.

Okay, I'll bite..."It's a public place, they should be ready for criticism".

Just because you love a place like Disneyland, doesn't mean you have to turn a blind eye toward its problem areas...and it has quite a few. Obviously not nearly enough to keep people from all over the world coming through the gates in huge numbers.

And the problem is that much of the stuff people are complaining about - has been put together in recent years with little time and planning.

Most of the threads I see here are not so much complaining, but constructive criticism, and there's never anything wrong with that.

--Barry
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I agree with you when it comes to just enjoying the moment when you are
                  in a Disney park. Bravo!

I have a theory. I think it may be possible that some people forget that
                  a visit to Disney is more enjoyable if you don't go every single day. I suspect this leads to two problems. 1)Becoming far too attached to the status quo (in some cases) which leads to all the yelping when it's time to shutter an attraction and move on. 2) Things that would completely escape your attention otherwise become more noticeable and therefore
                  become a bigger deal. Going to the parks so frequently as a guest also has the effect of turning some people into "experts".

I do value the work of those who have made serious contributions to DLR and WDW over the years. Al Lutz is one of those. He's a one-of-a-kind character that many people admire and (unfortunately) try to emulate. but they rarely get it right. There's only one Al.
                  sigpic The one and only...The Original...
                  :yea:Mountain Man

Comment

Originally posted by phkna View Post
                    Wow a lot here complain about everything that Disney does or doesn't do. It almost seams that a place that makes you happy also makes you hate it. The Gallery is going to be something new the ugly decorations are gone. The paint hasn't been touched up yet etc...

Ever think about just going to the park and enjoying it for what it is and how it makes you feel. Every time I go every problem worry go away while I'm in the park. Yeah I might see something that is unpleasing to my eye but I don't think about it anymore I'm not their for that.

A lot seem uneasy to change examples are Pirate island POTC Haunted mansion Space Mountain and new suite for a guest in park. I'm sure their are more but what was cool to you as a kid ain't cool to your kids now. Change is good as long as the original dream is honored. Main Street has changes but it still feels the way it was when I was a kid in the 70's

Welcome to MiceChat.
                    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                      :lol:

a lot of folks love monsters. and ummmm a lot of travelers do not see every chip of paint. and yeah, I do believe a lot of "hard core disney fanatics hunt for the bad.
                      ok you can believe whatever you want

Comment

As a business, Disney, like any other, should welcome complaints.

It is only when people complain that you find out what might be wrong about your product or service, so you can make it better.

It would be far worse for a business to get no complaints...just a lot of customers that are less than satisfied and less likely to return.

Disney should be grateful for these boards, complaints and all...they keep their core fan base talking about...Disney.

--Barry
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

On one hand, I agree with the OP's spirit of enjoying DL and not letting things bother you while you're there. On the other hand, this is a discussion board, and "bad" things are bound to be discussed as well as "good."
                          "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                          Disney sequel):
                          Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                          Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                          Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                          Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                          Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post

Oh SHUT UP! Your only duty as a hardcore Disney "fan" is to go and enjoy the parks. I couldn't tell you the last time i read a legit complaint. So just go release the grip that you ignorant arogant people have...and heres and idea have fun and enjoy yourself!!!
                            Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by Master Gracie View Post
                              Oh SHUT UP! Your only duty as a hardcore Disney "fan" is to go and enjoy the parks. I couldn't tell you the last time i read a legit complaint. So just go release the grip that you ignorant arogant people have...and heres and idea have fun and enjoy yourself!!!
                              So complaing that special effects of a ride are not working isn't a legitamte complaint? So complaining that there is lots of trash isn't a legitimate complaint? So complaiing that most recent attractions not being that good isn't a legitimate complaint?

What is your definition of a legitimate complaint?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X