Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Should the Teacups get a roof?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Teacups get a roof?

In the height of summer guests often boil in the Teacups, and on the (very) occasional wet day during winter they are shut down due to rain.

So, should the Teacups be covered?

If so what kind of roofing would work best in all weather?

The Magic Kingdom (WDW) has a gazebo style affair (from memory) as do Honk Kong and I think Tokyo. It would be nice to keep the light and airy effect you get from the open aired Teacups, while protecting guests from the worst of the elements.
    I think not.
    72.73%
    Yes, something clear would be good.
    6.06%
    Yes, something like the other Park's gazebos.
    15.15%
    Yes, other.
    6.06%
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Re: Should the Teacups get a roof?

I like the open feel of the teacups, but it would be nice to see them covered with a roof like the other versions. You are correct that Disneyland's version is the only one not covered.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

The area around the Tea Cups is already crowded, a roof would take up a lot of space.

Besides, the weather here dosen't suck like it does at most of the other parks.

Comment

If they ever decide to put a roof over it, I hope they pick a design similar to DLP's. The one at the MK is very unattractive.

Comment

This hasn't been a problem, as far as I know, for the park's first 52 years of operation. I see no reason why it should be changed now. As was earlier mentioned, Southern California's climate is very easy compared to the other areas.

--Barry
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

No roof is needed, in my opinion. The Tea cups are one of my favorite ride. Doesn't it never rain in sunny California?
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

There are days when a roof/cover would be helpful, but usually only a dozen or so days a year; I like the open-ness of the ride so I say 'keep it the way it is.' Plus I also think that adding anything would make that already congested area a mess.
              Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Comment

Isn't DLR's version the only one without a roof? If so I say definitely no roof...it makes us unique.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                  If they ever decide to put a roof over it, I hope they pick a design similar to DLP's. The one at the MK is very unattractive.
                  Disneyland Paris' one is very nice, but I like this look better (used by Tokyo Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland):

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                    Disneyland Paris' one is very nice, but I like this look better (used by Tokyo Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland):
                    Thanks for the pic. Now looking at that I for sure say no roof needed at DL. Even if it has to close in inclimate weather, there's something magical about being able to look up from your teacup and see the matterhorn and the monorail.

Comment

Nah, I don't really see the need for a roof. It makes it look too much like a cheap carnival ride. I like it the way it is right now; open and airy.

Comment

Originally posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
                        Nah, I don't really see the need for a roof. It makes it look too much like a cheap carnival ride. I like it the way it is right now; open and airy.
                        I disagree. If anything, the covered roof makes the ride feel more themed and magical; in a word, more Disneyfied. But I do agree about the open feel of the current, uncovered version; it's very nice on its own, and a roof is not necessary.

Comment

I don't know that it necessarily needs it, but a brightly colored canopy (or canopies) wouldn't hurt. Something similar to what the Tiki Room patio has, not something for rain, but to take the edge off the sun in the summer time.

However, the "paper" lanterns are so pretty that I'd hate to get rid of those...

Comment

Originally posted by Neverlandtink View Post
                            I don't know that it necessarily needs it, but a brightly colored canopy (or canopies) wouldn't hurt. Something similar to what the Tiki Room patio has, not something for rain, but to take the edge off the sun in the summer time.

However, the "paper" lanterns are so pretty that I'd hate to get rid of those...
                            Love those laterns too! A big reason why I wouldn't want a roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                              No roof is needed, in my opinion. The Tea cups are one of my favorite ride. Doesn't it never rain in sunny California?
                              The rainy season in Southern California is only 6 - 8 months long. However, in that period in a normal year 15 - 18 inches of rain can be expected. Many areas of the country get 30 inches per year, so it rains just as much during California's rainy season as it does in a "wetter" part of the country.

Comment

Working...
                              X