Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre in the hollywwod backlot at DCA?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre in the hollywwod backlot at DCA?

When I went to WDW in 2002 we ate here and really enjoyed it, the themeing was great and it seems a perfect fit for the DCA theme. What do you think? What other themed restraunts would work well at DCA?

Last edited by Diznyfan; 07-15-2007, 12:44 PM.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein
    sigpic

Re: Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre in the hollywwod backlot at DCA?

I've read about that attraction in an Imagineering book I have, and I think it is about the coolest thing ever. It would fit perfectly in California Adventure. A tasty burger, great theming, and maybe the old Night of the Living Dead? What could be better?

Comment

Re: Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre in the hollywood backlot at DCA?

Originally posted by Diznyfan View Post
      When I went to WDW in 2002 we ate here and really enjoyed it, the themeing was great and it seems a perfect fit for the DCA theme. What do you think? What other themed restraunts would work well at DCA?

I have also eaten at the SCI-FI dinner at WDW and had a great time. One of the things that is missing at DCA is the number of sit down restaurants. I would love to see this come to the DCA.
      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

perfect idea i ate there last week and was impressed
        Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

I think DCA could use something similar but not exactly the same.

Comment

A drive-in theme dineing venue would be pretty good AND fit the over all California theme.

Comment

I like the idea too. But how about putting it in DTD? So you don't need a pass to eat there.
              Originally posted by lazyboy97O
              How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
              Originally posted by steamboatpete
              Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

I think this would be much much better in Carland.

Comment

I'd love it if it was Sci-fi themed or otherwise. Maybe they could theme it to Beach movies.

Comment

It would be the perfect fit for the Hollywood and Dine building. I wonder why this was never put in there in the first place.
                    When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger Rick View Post
                      I like the idea too. But how about putting it in DTD? So you don't need a pass to eat there.
                      There are plenty of sit-down resteraunts already in DTD. Plus, DCA could use the extra push in the right direction.

I think they should play shorts referring to the beach instead, too, to fit in with the california theming. Or maybe Hollywood in general shorts? Or ANY shorts for that matter, as long as they aren't featuring snow or whatnot. I ate there in 2003, and we had an awsome time.

I think it'd be perfect in DCA! They need more sit-inside dining adventures anyway.
                      Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

hollywood backlot is "full" by DCAs standards so i would put the theater in carland or even paradise pier maybe, it needs to be beachy though.

Comment

Originally posted by patattack View Post
                          hollywood backlot is "full" by DCAs standards so i would put the theater in carland or even paradise pier maybe, it needs to be beachy though.
                          I too thought about putting it in Carland. I really wouldn't care, because I loved eating there on our family trip to WDW back in 03. Theme wise, I couldn't care less, just bring it here!
                          sigpic
                          Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Comment

Oooh. I forgot about Monsters Inc. Oops.

Where is Carland, anyway? I never really thought about lands names there. I only know two, Paradise Pier and Hollywood Backlot.
                            Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

Ok, crazy thought. Let's say they put it in Carland. You sit in cars themed to look like cars from Cars and the place looks like the drive-in in the movie. Now how would you feel if for the trailers that you watch they made trailers for the Pixar movies that you see during the end of the movie like Car Toy Story? Then let's say they make some Car based trailers for classic Disney movies (of course in 2-D). Could you imagine, Jungle Jeep Book, 101 Datsuns, Snow White and the 7 Mini Coopers.

Just a thought.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X