X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momzilla59
    replied
    Originally posted by Cousin Orville
    No one sang along or whistled or even clapped....
    Not even You, Orville?

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Orville
    replied
    I just saw the Tiki room yesterday, and while the show was packed, the place looked great, etc. the show IMHO fell flat. I mean the mix was really weak. No one sang along or whistled or even clapped, because show overall and the chorus was so quiet, the whole show volume was really restrained and felt distant.the voices of the main characters was clear and loud, but the rest felt dead. I was really disappointed in it. the old mix from the last rehab was way better and had more punch. I know im the minority in this, but it was just really weak.

Leave a comment:

• thirdwish
    replied
    Originally posted by merlinjones
    The restored Enchanted Tiki room is such a joy to behold, and such a hit with the crowds (as is the Dole Whip and pineapple spears), maybe someone will see that the return of Tahitian Terrace would complete the picture - - and sell even more tropical taste treats.

I would love to see the hula girls and firedancers again.
    Well?

Leave a comment:

• merlinjones
    replied
    The restored Enchanted Tiki room is such a joy to behold, and such a hit with the crowds (as is the Dole Whip and pineapple spears), maybe someone will see that the return of Tahitian Terrace would complete the picture - - and sell even more tropical taste treats.

I would love to see the hula girls and firedancers again.

Leave a comment:

• thirdwish
    replied
    Originally posted by dlfreak
    Yes, he is AGVA. AGVA is the American Guild of Variety Artists. As listed on the Disney Careers page... "Entertainers [who sing] are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with the American Guild of Variety Artists (AGVA). If you are not a current member of AGVA, you will be required to join the union."
    But Kazoo does not sing in the show so why is he AGVA? It seems he is doing nothing more than Aladdin and Jasmine!

Leave a comment:

• dlfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by thirdwish
    does kazoo?
    Yes, he is AGVA. AGVA is the American Guild of Variety Artists. As listed on the Disney Careers page... "Entertainers [who sing] are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with the American Guild of Variety Artists (AGVA). If you are not a current member of AGVA, you will be required to join the union."
    Last edited by dlfreak; 03-30-2005, 12:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thirdwish
    replied
    That is correct. Al and Jas do not sing in this show
    Singing equals union?

Leave a comment:

• lilbigguy
    replied
    Originally posted by MinionLumbo
    now imagine this sitting under the summer evening stars, nestled beneath the tumbling waterfall which forms a curtain of cascading water with leaping flames of fire burning on the water...then the falls magically draw aside and out from behind the mist, sarong clad natives appear to perform the swaying rhythms and amazing rituals of the islands... the hypnotic bare-foot fire walk and thrilling fire-knife dance...the traditional grass skirted twist of Samoa, Tahiti and Hawaii.
    That loving tribute got me misty-eyed...The Tahitian Terrace was one of my all time favorite things...the plastic lei's with the plumaria fragrance sprayed on them...the live music and dance...the wonderful taste of Kikoman...I would have liked to have seen a "fakey luau" return with Nani and David, Lilo, Myrtl and the the girls, and of course some commotion from Stitch, perhaps in the vein of the audio experiance in WDW (not so technical, just decent surround sound...). Perhaps if we bestow offerings to Pele and Tangaroa, TDA & Burbank will see the errors of thier ways and return her to her former glory, complete with a drink menu of fruity concoctions in fabulous souviener tiki mugs... :bow: Mighty Pele, hear our plea...

Leave a comment:

• thirdwish
    replied
    does kazoo?

Leave a comment:

• dlfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by xfkirsten
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe so. I think Kazoo and Kazeem are the only AGVA ones.
    That is correct. Al and Jas do not sing in this show

Leave a comment:

• thirdwish
    replied
    it is just a stump

Leave a comment:

• Formerly Code V
    replied
    Does anyonne know if the the fake tree they planted ala Swiss Family Treehouse still exists there?

Leave a comment:

• mistyisjafo
    replied
    I'm just happy anything is going on in there. It's about darn time.

BTW - I've been to D-land a million times and never once caught either the Terrace or Aladdin show! Can you believe it?

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied
    Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
    Hazzah! (fez not included) :monkey:

..have fez - will travel.

Leave a comment:

• thirdwish
    replied
    If anyone goes to see the new show please report back on the Aladdin And Jasmine's Story Telling Adventure thread

Leave a comment:

• xfkirsten
    replied
    Yup, it's another performer union.

Leave a comment:

• thirdwish
    replied
    Originally posted by xfkirsten
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe so. I think Kazoo and Kazeem are the only AGVA ones.
    AGVA? is that like SAG?

Leave a comment:

• xfkirsten
    replied
    Originally posted by thirdwish
    are AL and Jas union?

Leave a comment:

• thirdwish
    replied
    Not too many pictures but that's because nothing really happens. They tell the story of Aladdin with minimal props and audience interaction. It's similar to the Club Buzz show sans the loud music and hand puppet aliens.

http://hop.to/DCE/aladdinstory.html
    are AL and Jas union?

Leave a comment:

• emz84
    replied
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I went to the Aladdin Dinner/Show twice. It was very good, if I recall, they had a variety of kebobs, some sort of flat bread with a dip, cous cous, it had a different taste, I'm sure it was seasonings and spices used in the mid east. For dessert, each person was served an Aladdin's lamp made of chocolate, i believe it was filled with chocolate mousse and raspberry sauce. This wasn't a teeny lamp either, it must have been 6" long and 3 inches high.
    Ooh that sounds quite impressive and tasty! Ah well only turned up possibly 6 months too late to try it but thanks for solving a 10 year old conundrum :bow: (has it really been 10 years since first trip to DL???!)

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X