Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Structure vs. other parking alternatives

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Structure vs. other parking alternatives

    I'm going to DL this weekend. I plan to get there relatively early, 8:30am or something. The past few years I've only parked in the structure, but I see from some of the trip reports that others park in the regular lot. Which is better/easier for this time of day. And how to you get to the other lot if that's the best alternative...thanks for your input!
    sigpicThe Kid

  • #2
    Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

    8:30? That's not early. Not on a weekend.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

      I hate the structure
      http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

        Originally posted by sediment View Post
        8:30? That's not early. Not on a weekend.
        Early is a relative term. For ME 8:30 is extremely early
        sigpicThe Kid

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

          1-3:30 is early for me...park wise
          http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

            Originally posted by sediment View Post
            8:30? That's not early. Not on a weekend.
            Yes it is. The vast majority of the people who go to Disneyland don't get there until after 10. You can get on a lot of rides in those first two hours.

            http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/fe...tend_daily.htm

            Getting to Disneyland at opening or soon after is probably the best thing anyone, especially first timers, can do for their full day trip. They won't feel rushed the rest of their day. They'll have time later in the afternoon to relax and take breaks. They'll be able to sample the less popular attractions when the E Tickets are being hit by hour long lines.

            For me however, I've only been to Disneyland once at opening in the last two years. I usually go to the park around 5-6PM. But when I was at TDR it took me back to when I used to spend 18 hours at Disneyland in my youth. In our first two hours at TDS we got in most of the E Tickets and simply strolled along the park the rest of the day without any hurry. I mean, it must suck when people visit a park and arrive at 11 or 12 and are hit with huge lines when they could have just woken up a few hours earlier and experienced virtually no waits.

            The key to any theme park visit no matter which one it is: DONT RUSH, dummy!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

              By the term "regular lot" I am assuming you are referring to the Timon lot which is the last part of the old parking lot inbetween DCA and Harbor Blvd.

              It really is the luck of the draw if you want to park in that lot. You need to enter at the Harbor Blvd. gate and if the lot is not full you will be directed there. Otherwise they will direct you to either Simba or M&F. Although I have been directed to M&F when Timon is empty. I still can't figure it out.

              But the best thing is to go through Harbor Blvd. and they will direct you to the proper lot. I haven't tried this, but you may want to ask the parking attendant if they will let you park there, but I can't guarantee that this will work.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

                How much time do you save by parking in Timon vs. M&F or Simba (walking vs. taking the tram). Basically, I'm just trying to find out if it's worth going into the Harbor Blvd. entrance, or just to use the structure (like I usually do). Gracias por su cooperacion!
                sigpicThe Kid

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

                  Well maybe it's a hassle for AP but as a normal visitor , I'd rather park in the complex than walking all of DTD, which isn't a big walk but it might seem like one at the end of the night if you spend your whole day there from opening until closing (and beyond if I get on nemo)

                  Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

                    I like Timon, but I have never found it to be open that early.
                    sigpic
                    Fluffy Club Member

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

                      Timon was almost done parking on Tuesday at around Noon. They don't generally start there until at least 10:30-11am is seems. At 8:30 you're better of going M&F than risking Timon and ending up in Simba instead, but you could always Monorail it in from Simba.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

                        Originally posted by Pipeek View Post
                        Timon was almost done parking on Tuesday at around Noon. They don't generally start there until at least 10:30-11am is seems. At 8:30 you're better of going M&F than risking Timon and ending up in Simba instead, but you could always Monorail it in from Simba.
                        You can? I thought Simba was the one you had to walk from? Where can you get to the monorail? Downtown Disney?

                        I never knew that.
                        Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

                          Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
                          You can? I thought Simba was the one you had to walk from? Where can you get to the monorail? Downtown Disney?

                          I never knew that.
                          Yeah, Simba parks behind the Paradise Peir Hotel, so just head straight over to the monorail and hope it's not swarmed by hotel guests, or cross the street and head through the Grand are the quicker options for Simba. Pumba is the one you have to walk over without any alternative entrance options. I can't even think of where Pumba is though since I've only driven past it a few times.

                          Simba is also the tossup lot for exiting the park quicker. M&F can be a hassle to return to a night, Timon much easier, and Simba just means that you're walking back, but will have less crowds to fight off. Leaving Simba doesn't place you towards any freeways without making a few left turns/or one U-turn however.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

                            Originally posted by Pipeek View Post
                            Yeah, Simba parks behind the Paradise Peir Hotel, so just head straight over to the monorail and hope it's not swarmed by hotel guests, or cross the street and head through the Grand are the quicker options for Simba. Pumba is the one you have to walk over without any alternative entrance options. I can't even think of where Pumba is though since I've only driven past it a few times.

                            Simba is also the tossup lot for exiting the park quicker. M&F can be a hassle to return to a night, Timon much easier, and Simba just means that you're walking back, but will have less crowds to fight off. Leaving Simba doesn't place you towards any freeways without making a few left turns/or one U-turn however.
                            I honestly never ever knew that. Thanks so much for posting about it! I've been parking there forever and never thought to take a monorail. That's like... nuts! Haha.

                            My Dad will be thrilled! Thank you thank you!

                            Ah, the freeway thing doesn't bug me. It's the walking to your car when you spent the whole day at the park thing that bugs... not me, but my dad. And I usually end up carrying my sister.
                            Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Structure vs. other parking alternatives

                              Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post

                              Ah, the freeway thing doesn't bug me. It's the walking to your car when you spent the whole day at the park thing that bugs... not me, but my dad. And I usually end up carrying my sister.
                              That being the case...get there earlier than 8:30 (before park opening) and hope to get parked in Pinocchio (outside the structure) or arrive 9:30-10, enter Harbor and try for Timon.

                              If you want to avoid the long late night walk, don't park in the structure. That's the worst IMHO.

                              --Barry
                              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X