Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

"Light Tragic"

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Light Tragic"

Over at the "Disney's E-LED-trical Parade" threads, it somehow veered into what the disaster known as "Light Magic" (or as a boardie claimed it to be "Light Tragic").

So I'd figured to start a "Light Tragic" thread here.

Re: "Light Tragic"

it sucked, thats all that can be said about it
    http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

Thanks for the thread.

Light Magic was a show at Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
        it sucked, thats all that can be said about it
        I second that. I was a cast member back then, and I can remember little kids being so frightened of those freak characters, whatever they were called. And I laugh remembering the looks on the parents facings after they watched the show for a few minutes, then looked at eachother with that "what the **** was that?" look.
        sigpicThe Kid

Comment

Originally posted by SpokkerJones View Post
          "Thanks for the thread."
          No problemo, friends.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
            No problemo, friends.
            Do you have anything to say about Light Magic?

Comment

It sucked, even though I never saw it.

Comment

Well, upon hearing this, it must've B-squared S-squared: Bit, Blew, Stunk and Sucked all at the same time.

Comment

Have always called it Light Tragic... lasted an awe inspiring 4 months, was supposed to replace MSEP. I had a thread on here asking if it would work today... honestly it wasn't "bad", it was overall confusing and if you weren't at one of 4 specific show stops all you saw was a dark float rolling by with faries sleeping on it, never understood the story either.
                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

God I love posts like this one...

Comment

It didnt really suck as bad as people claim, it just had the sad sad job of following the MSEP. I mean Walts Ressurection would have been booed that summer. MSEP was ireplacable, amd Light Magic being so close to it without the charm was doomed from the start.

Comment

Is this the parade that started the parade stops? I really hate the stops due to you having to be at the right place and the right time...just like the Dream Squad! LOL...

I wish I could have seen it.
                        Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
                        - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
                        - me too!

Comment

It did start the parade stops, but at least then they did it right, they told you where to be, it wasnt realy a parade because the show started when they stoped, it was part of why it sucked, all the floats were the same. It was a moving stage not a parade.

Comment

I friend of mine who worked Entertainment at the time MADE me see the parade because he wanted me just to see how horrible it truly was. I remember being embarrassed for Disneyland when I saw it. I remember that there was a movie projected on a screen on one of the floats (close-ups of children's faces in wonderment, stuff like that) and those weird parade characters broke into a "Lord of the Dance" type Irish-clogging thing to some freaky Celtic-type music. It had no theme, no personality, and served no purpose except to reinforce the horrible realization on how tragic it was to lose the Electrical Parade. I still have a magnet on our refrigerator of the Light Magic logo. I bought it because I knew it wouldn't last past the summer and so any souvenier of it would be a novelty. I was right!
                            :captain: Pirate!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

hmmm interesting logic

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X