Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    In the recent Miceage article about Disneyland's cast member hiring policies leaving something to be desired, I thought of an interesting question.

    It's a given that most folks on these boards are die hard Disney loyalists both young and old, who know that the experiences that guests have with cast members is a big part of what they take home with them.
    We also know that wages and other factors don't make being a frontline CM as desireable a job as it once was.

    That being said, if you could make the same money you make at your current job, including any benefits, retirement pensions etc. that you have,
    would you work as a CM just for the sake of making the magic better for guests?
    Upholding Walt's original standards and always going that extra mile to make someone's visit special?

    What say you MCers?

  • #2
    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

    In a heartbeat.


    :yea: I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!:yea:


    http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

      As Sally said above me, In a heartbeat. Anything to live in California again and get to meet some MC'ers. Plus, i'd be able to visit the park if I wanted to on my day off for cheaper.
      Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

        Originally posted by *SallyStitches* View Post
        In a heartbeat.

        That pretty much sums it up. I tell people now that once I retire, I plan on working at Disneyland. Of course, that will involve moving to California, but I'll be the coolest grandma on the planet!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

          Of course I would.
          Check out my flickr photos!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

              It would be cool to do some graphic arts for them, perhaps for a new campaign.

              Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

                Originally posted by whitestrat View Post
                In the recent Miceage article about Disneyland's cast member hiring policies leaving something to be desired, I thought of an interesting question.

                It's a given that most folks on these boards are die hard Disney loyalists both young and old, who know that the experiences that guests have with cast members is a big part of what they take home with them.
                We also know that wages and other factors don't make being a frontline CM as desireable a job as it once was.

                That being said, if you could make the same money you make at your current job, including any benefits, retirement pensions etc. that you have,
                would you work as a CM just for the sake of making the magic better for guests?
                Upholding Walt's original standards and always going that extra mile to make someone's visit special?

                What say you MCers?
                Not many of them, for long anyway.

                The labor costs would go through the roof, manning levels would go down drastically due to costs and quality with it, and they would have to cancel the AP program and raise entrance fees.

                Some might argue that the last items are a mixed bag since eliminating AP's at the same time as decreasing service and support would significantly increase complaints among MC'ers. Which some of them would love and they'd have a lot more time to spend on Micechat doing it without APs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

                  I defintely would!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

                    For the same pay, absolutely.

                    Chad

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

                      Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                      The labor costs would go through the roof, manning levels would go down drastically due to costs and quality with it, and they would have to cancel the AP program and raise entrance fees.
                      It's a hypothetical. It's more than obvious that they can't pay cast members $50,000 a year to sell churros.

                      And why do some people think the AP program is some kind of money drain that Disney is just doing out of the kindness of their hearts for people who like to go to Disneyland a lot? It makes them a ton of money or else they wouldn't be doing it. If the AP program didn't pay for itself you'd think they would have abandoned it a long time ago.

                      They make more money with the AP program than without.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

                        I don't have a job yet, but if I did I would!

                        I'm planning on working there next year anyways. (wish, wish)


                        EDIT: On the AP thing, I think the make enough money because everytime I go, I see something I want, and next time I visit, I'll buy it. I think this is true for many (mostley female ) APers.
                        ~Pearl~
                        Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

                          No

                          DL is my escape from things in the real world like work.
                          Where do Disney employees go to unwind? Knott's? SFMM? Lost Bar?
                          IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

                            Absolutely.

                            I feel like I should say something more...but that one word summed things up nicely.
                            Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                            Words hurt.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Would you quit your job to work at Disneyland...

                              Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                              Not many of them, for long anyway.

                              The labor costs would go through the roof, manning levels would go down drastically due to costs and quality with it, and they would have to cancel the AP program and raise entrance fees.

                              Some might argue that the last items are a mixed bag since eliminating AP's at the same time as decreasing service and support would significantly increase complaints among MC'ers. Which some of them would love and they'd have a lot more time to spend on Micechat doing it without APs.
                              Originally posted by SpokkerJones View Post
                              It's a hypothetical. It's more than obvious that they can't pay cast members $50,000 a year to sell churros.

                              And why do some people think the AP program is some kind of money drain that Disney is just doing out of the kindness of their hearts for people who like to go to Disneyland a lot? It makes them a ton of money or else they wouldn't be doing it. If the AP program didn't pay for itself you'd think they would have abandoned it a long time ago.

                              They make more money with the AP program than without.
                              Yeah, I meant it in a hypothetical, perfect world, just for fun kind of way.
                              I also thought that there were bound to be some people who would say no way due to the fact that they love their job's and perhaps do some kind of important life changing work.
                              I only print the newspaper, so yeah, I'd do it

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X