Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Big Thunder Trail

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Big Thunder Trail

    I've posted a bit about drastic changes to Big Thunder Trail, but what about subtle ones. How hard would it be to simply add some AA bears or other "frontier" wildlife. Rabbits coming in or out of holes, squirrels possibly a skunk. BTM can be used as the example for this. They call it "Bear Canyon" but the only time you can actually hear the bear growl is when there is no one there.... TURN IT UP... Scare the animals! There is a lot you could put there, make it a 1 hour cycle that way it would be something new besides a fake fish splashing in the water.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

    sigpic

    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  • #2
    Re: Big Thunder Trail

    I'd like to see all this stuff, but over in Grizzly River Rapids instead.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Big Thunder Trail

      Originally posted by techskip View Post
      I've posted a bit about drastic changes to Big Thunder Trail, but what about subtle ones. How hard would it be to simply add some AA bears or other "frontier" wildlife. Rabbits coming in or out of holes, squirrels possibly a skunk. BTM can be used as the example for this. They call it "Bear Canyon" but the only time you can actually hear the bear growl is when there is no one there.... TURN IT UP... Scare the animals! There is a lot you could put there, make it a 1 hour cycle that way it would be something new besides a fake fish splashing in the water.
      Great idea....but then we would have entire threads devoted to whether or not the skunk really emitted an odor or not
      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Big Thunder Trail

        Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
        Great idea....but then we would have entire threads devoted to whether or not the skunk really emitted an odor or not
        Easy enough.... I mentioned this as a Thunder CM... ANY Skunk that has it's tail up should automatically have a combination squirt gun/mist effect! Imagineering LOVED it... Management ehhhh not so much. And you wonder why the ADV office didn't exactly cry at my departure!
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

        sigpic

        "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Big Thunder Trail

          I really like this idea. A simple way for the park to start with this, is just move the bears from ROA back over here, where they started. It would be bringing back some of the area's history, as well as bring motion and 'life' to the trail.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Big Thunder Trail

            But...but...but...that would take away from the quiet and my ability to take a nap. LOL

            (Sorry guys, I just HAD to do it.)

            As for the ideas, I love them. Why did management not like the squirting skunk idea? (Aside from them being morons.)

            ...Joe...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Big Thunder Trail

              Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
              Why did management not like the squirting skunk idea? (Aside from them being morons.)
              I believe it was the "Disney is above crass fart jokes" line or something to that effect. I had the Imagineers ROLLING at the mere thought of it. My other thought for the dynamite shack was a flame/fart combination (flame effect on shed, mist effect from skunks and loud "Boom" behind you)... As I said I was somewhat known in the lower WDI circles for a few creative thoughts and stunts... Management HATED it!
              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

              sigpic

              "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Big Thunder Trail

                Originally posted by techskip View Post
                I believe it was the "Disney is above crass fart jokes" line or something to that effect. I had the Imagineers ROLLING at the mere thought of it. My other thought for the dynamite shack was a flame/fart combination (flame effect on shed, mist effect from skunks and loud "Boom" behind you)... As I said I was somewhat known in the lower WDI circles for a few creative thoughts and stunts... Management HATED it!
                I don't know about the shack idea, but I do love the squirting skunk thing. And as for Disney being "above crass fart jokes," um...that isn't a fart joke. It's a play off of an animal's natural defense. I can hear kid's laughing and giggling at the thought of getting "misted" by a skunk. It would probably be the only time they could ever get it done to them and end up coming out of it happy. LOL To me THAT'S Disney!

                ...Joe...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Big Thunder Trail

                  This may have been mentioned on a different thread, I'm sure someone has had the same thought. How hard would it have been to make a miner's campsite on the edge of the pond in Thunder Trail. You could have one panning for gold, or sleeping in a tent. Also possibly have a horse that would occasionaly look up, drink, and swish it's tail... add in some hoof/leg movement. It seems so simple, would add so much, and yet... nothing.
                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                  sigpic

                  "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Big Thunder Trail

                    The Skunk fits with the "Hard Facts that made America" so I'm all for it!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Big Thunder Trail

                      I do think that it'll take away from the peace and tranquility of that area.
                      Are he fish over there by the bridge not turned on anymore?
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Big Thunder Trail

                        I LOVE Big Thunder Trail! One of the few places that always seems so peaceful, especially after dark. If the changes were added, I would pray they did not change how magical it is there. It's one of my favorite places in Disneyland.
                        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Big Thunder Trail

                          Originally posted by techskip View Post
                          This may have been mentioned on a different thread, I'm sure someone has had the same thought. How hard would it have been to make a miner's campsite on the edge of the pond in Thunder Trail. You could have one panning for gold, or sleeping in a tent. Also possibly have a horse that would occasionaly look up, drink, and swish it's tail... add in some hoof/leg movement. It seems so simple, would add so much, and yet... nothing.
                          I would love to see something like this put there, and at night there could be a campfire flickering at the waters' edge, such a simple thing would add such a great
                          vibe to that area.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Big Thunder Trail

                            Originally posted by whitestrat View Post
                            I would love to see something like this put there, and at night there could be a campfire flickering at the waters' edge, such a simple thing would add such a great
                            vibe to that area.
                            I love that idea! A campfire at night would make it even more magical!
                            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Big Thunder Trail

                              The more I posted and thought about it the more I came back to this thread. I read somewhere that Thunder Trail goes through what used to be "Beaver Valley". How perfect! It would be extremely simple to add beavers to the pond. You could have one chewing on a fallen tree. one whose head would surface in a variety of spots in the water (think like that stupid kid's arcade game of hitting gophers) One building the "home" and another two or three building and maintaining the dam! You could also have a deer or two drinking, the rabbits I mentioned, skunks... so many things you can do with this.
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                              sigpic

                              "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X