Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Midway Games At California Adventure Opinions...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midway Games At California Adventure Opinions...

I was thinking about the Midway Games section at Paradise Pier in California Adventure. The more I started pondering it the more I really wish that they'd get totally removed, regardless of how fancy they get made to look like after the 1 billion dollar renovation.

So, what does everybody think? Should they stay? Should they go regardless of the renovation? Do you have a "let's wait and see" attitude?

Talk!

...Joe...
    Yes! They're cheap and tacky!
    60.29%
    No! They bring a sense of fun to the area, as well as to the environment!
    11.76%
    Unsure. It depends how they look after the renovation.
    20.59%
    No opinion - I really don't care.
    5.88%
    Other (explain)
    1.47%

Re: Midway Games At California Adventure Opinions...

I wish toy story mania would take up alll them

Comment

I like the games. I do not play them every time, but every once in a while I enjoy them

Comment

If they stayed for atmosphere, only the coolest ones and they should be free to play, and sans prizes, just for sport/fun.

Comment

The games are kinda fun, but too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by musiken View Post
            The games are kinda fun, but too expensive.
            yes, but so is everything in the parks. I would probably play them more often if they were $1.00 though.

Comment

If it's good enough for Six Flags.

Comment

never played them(hmm i wonder why, lol)

Comment

I played them once. And I one a Rally Monkey which I think is alive. :/

Comment

What I would really like to see would be a period arcade, much like how the penny arcade used to be in Disneyland. Nickelodeons, fortune tellers, etc....Games that would cost no more than a quarter and fit the time period of an old-time Boardwalk. (Much like how the main arcade at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk used to be like)

Comment

I never played any of them. Not once. Reason is that I always have this feeling that they're rigged so that you can never win them. And even if they're not rigged, I'm sure people in general see it as something that isn't 'great'.

I voted that they should be removed, but if they WERE to stay, I think they should have some Disney plush dolls as prizes. Exclusive ones just for the boardwalk.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I think they're akin to the arcade games in Tomorrowland: an optional diversion for guests who wish to play them. People who don't like them can walk right by. And while I'd rather see another new ride, Tomorrowland has enough other areas needing work that its current existence doesn't bother me.

At least in Paradise Pier's case, the midway games actually fit the theme. I'm willing to wait and see how they work with the Victorian makeover. If the games themselves could be given a period feel, both in game-type and prizes, it could add much to the area.

I probably wouldn't play them much myself (and I never go into the arcades), but if it enhances the atmosphere and people have fun, I won't be complaining.

Comment

I have no real opinion on the Midway games. I don't care that they are there, I would usually just walk right by them.

My son has "taken a chance" a few times and walked away with a stuffed animal or 2. He enjoys playing them every once in a while, but then there are times when he just walks by too.

Comment

They should not be there, those games are not intended to be fun. They were invented by carnivals to take guests money. I believe that Disney is (or should be) above these tactics. I believe it's very telling that Walt did not include any of these games in Disneyland.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
                            -Albert Einstein
                            sigpic

Comment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X