Pick It Up or Leave It?; or Do You Really Love Disneyland?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Disneymike
    Planet of Puddingheads
    • Jan 2005

Re: Pick It Up or Leave It?; or Do You Really Love Disneyland?

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Umm, maybe you are? (I'm not even sure what that really means.)

My point is, judging from the volume of people who post here that they pick up trash in the parks, I expect to go to DL and see AP'ers and do-gooders all over the place, picking stuff up. And yet I never have.
    I counted 28 who in this thread said they would pick up stray litter and/or re-fold a shirt. Lets see...28 people out of 40,000 to 50,000 people a day at DL...yeah, might be kinda hard to actually spot someone picking stuff up don't cha think??

Comment

• tyler2cfhs
      Dreaming of Disney World
      • Feb 2007

I've never been to Dl, but I'm going this Monday(yay!). But whenever I'm in WDW or in any theme park for that matter, I always pic up trash that I see that isnt too nasty looking. And I always scold my party members when they litter in a theme park(or in that matter anywhere. But a theme park is just worse to me ).
      Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

Comment

• NapoleonD
        Gobble GOBBLE
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by FinalAdventure View Post
        I've thrown gum away in the trash before that I've found on the floor.
        Now that's commendable. Unless it was on the bottom of my shoe, I would call picking up someone else's gum above and beyond the call of duty.
        Last edited by NapoleonD; 07-25-2007, 06:31 AM.
        That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

sigpic

Comment

• BoogaFrito
          Stop That!
          • May 2005

Originally posted by NapoleonD View Post
          Now that's commendable. Unless it was on the botom of my shoe, I would call picking up someone else's gum above and beyond the call of duty.
          I sometimes take gum directly from someone else's mouth to throw it away. Walt would want me to.

Comment

• disneyland255
            MiceChatter
            • Feb 2006

My wife and I are constantly picking up trash. It bothers us that there are those who are so disrespectful as to litter the park. That is how much we love Disneyland!
            http://twitter.com/#!/CaseyCBeard

http://www.facebook.com/Coach.Casey.Fitness

www.beachbodycoach.com/caseyb

www.myshakeology.com/caseyb

sigpic

Comment

• Allison Wonderland
              You're all mad!
              • Jul 2007

Interesting thing...last night I went over to Downtown Disney to do some shopping with my kids and stopped to watch the 9:25 fireworks and saw a boy put a piece of paper on the ground. I looked at him and said "It's Disneyland! C'mere, I'll show you a garbage can" and he actually smiled and said that he felt bad putting it there anyway. His mom was embarassed, but hey, they're kids. As long as we teach them not to litter, we won't have these issues eventually.

About picking up other people's trash, I agree, if it's come directly out of a mouth, I don't touch it, but if it's paper/plastic etc. I'm all over it. What does it hurt? Me picking up MAYBE 10 items per trip is not going to put anyone out of a job. WWWD?
              Better read it first, for if one drinks much from a bottle marked "Poison", it's almost certain to disagree with one sooner or later. - Alice

Comment

• HeyBaloo
                just the beernecessities
                • Apr 2005

Personal responsibility, accountability and taking initiative will help make this world a better place. Some people do things like littering all the way up to more serious misbehavior, just to see if they can get away with it....they are known as sociopaths. The cleanliness of Disney Parks are always top notch, except during the Pressler era, the custodial staff are truely amazing.
                Last edited by HeyBaloo; 07-25-2007, 08:33 AM. Reason: editing
                Hello everyone!

Comment

• bloodnswash
                  MiceChatter
                  • May 2007

We do pick up trash and we do pick up plush toys, shirts, or whatever happens to be on the floor in the stores. It amazes us how many trash cans are in the park and how people refuse to use them.
                  "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

• TrojanSkippa
                    Once A Skip Always A Skip
                    • Mar 2005

I'm in the same boat (shop?) with Star Trader. I worked in attractions from 199-2003, so picking up random pop corn boxes and the like became habit for me. We were always taught it was everey Cast Members responsibility to keep the park looking clean. When I was gone from the park from 03-07 I still found myself as a guest picking up those random boxes and soda bottles, all the while getting strange looks from my friends.
                    :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

• Tim Lyons
                      New MiceChatter
                      • Jul 2007

Yes, I pick up trash, reorganize merch areas, and wipe down restroom counters, but not just at Disneyland. I am an employee of another So-Cal theme park, so I do this at my work place, at the beach( on my own and with Heal the bay), when I am at a city park no matter where it is. I will take walks around city blocks and pick up debris as I go. I believe if evryone picked up one piece of trash where ever they went there would be a lot less of it. I also believe that it would be nicer if people would just put there trash in the trash, it's really not that hard.

Comment

• Tim Lyons
                        New MiceChatter
                        • Jul 2007

I love Disneyland. Because it's Walt's park. I look at everything the company does and ask if thats the way Walt would have wanted it done.
                        I do not like how every land at Disneyland has become Fantasyland. I think that Walt would have taken bigger risks and tried things with more imagination and innovation that would have kept Disneyland the most spectacular theme park in the world. I do not believe that Walt would have wanted the same theme park or parks in other parts of the world.

Comment

• Tim Lyons
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Jul 2007

Maybe we could start a clean park group and meet like once a month to pick up trash together. To show how much we love Walt and Disneyland.

Comment

• Disneymike
                            Planet of Puddingheads
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tim Lyons View Post
                            Maybe we could start a clean park group and meet like once a month to pick up trash together. To show how much we love Walt and Disneyland.
                            That might be going a little too far....

Comment

• aelfkingsxing
                              Elf
                              • Dec 2006

I usually pick up trash where ever I happen to be. Must be a "boyscout" thing. Disneyland is no exception.
                              I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled, or dead?

Comment

• fo'c's'le swab
                                Blind to His Own Faults
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Tim Lyons View Post
                                I nominate the Sunday Hubsters for custodial duty. Instead of lounging around eating Pocky and acting like they own the place, I say they should pick up trash. Like a Gumball Rally, only with trash... (I keed, I keed!!). Oh, and Welcome to MiceChat!!
                                Originally posted by aelfkingsxing View Post
                                I usually pick up trash where ever I happen to be. Must be a "boyscout" thing. Disneyland is no exception.
                                Or an OCD thing.. Welcome to MiceChat, you lurker!

Comment

• Zeus
                                  :)
                                  • Oct 2005

Being an ex cm i have a habit of picking up trash wherever I go and throwing it away...It's just a habit, I hate it! people look at me like im crazy...I dont do it all the time, but it bugs me so I would probably pick up the trash if I was in Disneyland

Comment

• gregpaul
                                    New MiceChatter
                                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                                    I guess it's human nature to say, "Well, it's really not my fault it's there, and it's not bothering me that much...so I guess I won't bother..."
                                    I know what you mean. But since my wife and I like to see a clean park, and since the Cast can't be omnipresent, when we see trash that we'd have to step around or over we pick it up. Simple, no?

The last time we did this was at the Wilderness Lodge. Our "good deed" happened to be witnessed by a Bell Services cast member who thanked us and pointed out that he doesn't usually see guests doing that. The encounter turned into a fun conversation about his experience working at Disney. Another time, a cast member saw us doing it and said "You shouldn't have to do that - that's my job." but was appreciative anyway.

The park should always look perfect, and we actually enjoy helping to keep it that way!

Comment

• whoRU
                                      New MiceChatter
                                      • Apr 2007

I often bring in a trash bag and we will collect throughout the day and will deposit it on the City Hall steps with no note. We don't go out of our way, but since we aren't alone.... WHY NOT?

Comment

• hollywood1939
                                        isn't an elitist
                                        MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                        • Sep 2006

I do it but only sometimes. But most of the times no, I love the park for being there, not picking up trash doesn't make me someone who can love it less.
                                        -Jack :geek:
                                        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

• BoogaFrito
                                          Stop That!
                                          • May 2005

Originally posted by whoRU View Post
                                          I often bring in a trash bag and we will collect throughout the day and will deposit it on the City Hall steps with no note.
                                          That would probably be more effective if there was an explanation. Or if it was on fire.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X