This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOCROP Theme Park/Entertainment/Tourism @ DLR

"Community Classroom (CC) This class combines classroom instruction and unpaid on-the-job training (OJT) to prepare for employment in theme parks/entertainment facilities. Students receive workplace training in foods, retail, and attractions."

I am planning on taking this ROP course next spring, but I unfortunately know very little about it!

Has anybody ever taken this course or one like it, or known anyone who has?

I am looking for details such as what the "classroom instruction" consists of, and how this class might benefit me when I apply for an actual job at Disneyland one day.

Thanks for any info!

P.S. I forgot to ask, if there are any CMs who have ever worked with a Disneyland ROP student, I'd appreciate anything you might know about how their on-the-job training differs from a normal employee's (other than the part about it being unpaid.)
    Last edited by WeWantsTheRed'ead; 07-24-2007, 01:57 PM. Reason: I forgot something.
    .~Adrienne~.

Re: NOCROP Theme Park/Entertainment/Tourism @ DLR

Sadly I never got a chance to take part in something like this. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun!

Thank you for posting about this interesting program. I only wish you the best with it if you decide to join.

...Joe...

Comment

Hmmm....where exactly do you take such a course as this?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
        Hmmm....where exactly do you take such a course as this?
        It's part of the North Orange County Regional Occupational Program, which I think actually has an office in Anaheim... I'm going to be taking at as an off-campus course during the school day.
        .~Adrienne~.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
          Sadly I never got a chance to take part in something like this. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun!

Thank you for posting about this interesting program. I only wish you the best with it if you decide to join.

...Joe...
          Thanks, once I do it I'll be sure to post any interesting tidbits
          .~Adrienne~.

Comment

By the way, I'm pretty sure anyone over 16 can take this course; I know it's open to adults and I couldn't find any residency restrictions so I think you'd be fine.

Thing is:

1) If you're an adult you might as well just apply for a real job at DL, so there's little point in taking the class!

2) The OTJ training is unpaid... that speaks for itself.

3) If you're a high school student who lives outside NOC, I think you might be limited to your own county ROP program, but I'm not positive; the website says high school students should enroll through their career guidance office, which is what leads me to believe this. And besides, the fact that Disneyland is in Orange County also leads me to believe that NOCROP is the only ROP program with the course.
            Last edited by WeWantsTheRed'ead; 07-24-2007, 02:08 PM. Reason: Accidentally ommitted a point
            .~Adrienne~.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X