This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Parade @ DL

Let's say DL decides to take the plunge and have a Halloween themed parade next year. I suggest that there be a mix of some of the stuff used at other Disney parks around the world. Here's my take on it:
    • Opening: Three of the ghosts based on those at TDLR dressed as Flora, Fauna and Merriweather are on a float reading...here's the title of the parade: MICKEY AND STITCH'S KOOKY NOT SO SPOOKY HALLODREAMS KAVALKADE. The others are surrounding the centerpiece dancing.
    • Mickey and Friends with Stitch: Themed in a pumpkin patch, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Daisy are joined by Stitch with DLRP Pumpkin People along side the float dancing.
    • Princesses: Ariel (in her mermaid form) in front with the other princesses - Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Mulan, Pocohauntas, Jasmine and Belle (if there are others that would be added, they would be here) - surround a Pumpkin Coach with their princes at their side and support characters (The Seven Dwarfs, Fairy Godmother, Sebatsian, et al) along side the float.
    • Monsteropolis Power: Monsters Inc stars Mike, Sully and Boo are on this float.
    • Scarecrows:Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan and Pinocchio characters are in a cornfield with dancing scarecrows and crows, the latter borrowed from TDL.
    • Villains Jam Session: All the bad guys from the Disney franchise - from The Wicked Queen (or her old hag alter ego) through the most recent entry are in a jam session with Ursula (a holdover from PoD) on percussion. They are joined by the Pink Witch brigade from DLRP.
    • Goofy's Candy Company: The finale features Goofy, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Woody, Buzz and Jesse at Goofy's Candy Company factory.
    The music would be based on "It's Halloween-O-Ween" from DLRP in a more upbeat fashion while the "Shout and Scream" music from TDL's 2006 events would be used for parade stops.
    ---
    As always, comments and critiques are welcomed.
    Last edited by mouseinphilly; 08-10-2007, 07:47 AM.

Re: Halloween Parade @ DL

No Stitch! No Stitch! Did I say - No Stitch! He completely ruins the Halloween theme at DLRP. They have pumpkin men trying to paint everything orange - Frontierland becomes Halloweenland - The Molly Brown (Paris's riverboat) is draped like a mummy - it's all superb an dthen they go and add that dreadful Stitch.

If you've never seen WDW Halloween parade (Mickey's Not So Scary....) -
    you can get a flavour from this: (Ignore the forst 3 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAzslxJR1XQ

The parade starts with a headless horseman riding down Main Street. And you'll collect more candy than you can imagine.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

Yes, I have seen them all on YouTube. I was merely giving a suggestion of ideas from other Disney resorts (except Hong Kong).

And besides, Stitch is an ideal co-star. I'm not saying he should take over everything like at DLRP, he should have a minor role in the Halloween events at DLR.

Comment

*crickets* Uh, hello? Anyone there?

Comment

Yoo hoo! *more crickets chirping*

Comment

I 2nd the no Stitch idea. I'm not sure how he fits into the Halloween theme. Villians on the other hand, I'm sold on a halloween parade with the bad guys.

Chad

Comment

I agree with Geoffa. NO MORE STITCH!!!!

He has to be the most over used annoying character in the parks! I used to like Lilo and Stitch until Disney started using him for EVERYTHING.

Ok, back on subject, I would love if Disney made a Halloween parade! BUT, I would much rather see it themed to the Haunted Mansion and (maybe) Nightmare Before Christmas. With a mix of "This is Halloween" and "Grim Grinning Ghosts" playing as the soundtrack. And no parade stops. A parade should just keep going so you have an equal amount of time to see each float. Also, I hate the Villians rock band thing. It is way too out of character and the music is horrible.
              (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
              (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

I should give you a bit of a backstory on the Villains Band story.

Over twenty years ago, Disney had a 30th Anniversary special for The Happiest Place on Earth(R), and David Hasselhoff, who was doing a show on NBC called Knight Rider (the one with William Daniels of John Adams in 1776 and Boy Meets World fame as the voice of a talking car named KITT) sang a cover version of The Contours' one hit wonder "Do You Love Me?" backed by the pre-1989 villains. I hope someone has a YouTube of this to further illustrate my point.

Bottom line on this is that it's Halloween, and they have a show at WDW during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party event. A show with them doing rock music (or even an original song) would be fun. As for Stitch, he's a protagonist, and he has a show during MNSSHP at the Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland dressed as Elvis. Here, he's doing a parade as a co-host. Why not add Lilo to them and make it better? As I stated earlier, he's not taking over all of the events at DLR, he's just the co-star with Mickey of a little Halloween-themed Parade idea.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
                  Villains Jam Session: All the bad guys from the Disney franchise - from The Wicked Queen (or her old hag alter ego) through the most recent entry are in a jam session with Ursula (a holdover from PoD) on percussion. They are joined by the Pink Witch brigade from DLRP.
                  This, I love. But I would love Pete to be included.
                  Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Well, Pegleg Pete would be in the band in some way.

Comment

Well, Pegleg Pete would be in the band in some way.
                      He could play the drums.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

I've got Ursula down for the percussion. Pete could be the manager taking his cut.

Comment

I've got Ursula down for the percussion. Pete could be the manager taking his cut.
                          Good idea. My 2nd thought was singing. He does a awesome verison of "Boom da Boom". Maybe he can sing a awesome Halloween song.
                          Last edited by Hayley B; 08-07-2007, 05:30 PM.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayley B View Post
                            Good idea. My 2nd thought was singing. He does a awesome verison of "Boom da Boom". Maybe he can sing a awesome Halloween song.
                            Great idea. But, don't let him wear a ballet dress. They're making him look gay.:lol:

Comment

Speaking of Halloween Parade. I was listening to a podcast today. I just heard that bring out the Headless Horseman. That is so awesome.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X