ChurroMans DLR Trip Report July 21-23... And Believe Me, this is a VERY different one

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChurroMan
    MiceChatter
    • Jul 2007

ChurroMans DLR Trip Report July 21-23... And Believe Me, this is a VERY different one

First of all I apologize for not having photos, but you will understand soon enough.

If you have seen my forum posts before, you know I visit my family in California once each year. Usually a week after we land, we visit Disneyland for 2 or 3 days. This time we decided to go the day after landing. Keep in mind I was recovering from some of the worst jet lag I have ever felt in my life.

After the 5 hour car trip I felt fine. I was tired, but I was happy we were finally at the Candy Cane Inn. Heres were things went bad. I could not sleep until about 4 in the morning, for personal reasons I will not get into.

I had about 2 hours of sleep, but me being so excited for my trip, I got up and was pumped to go to California Adventure by 9 O clock. While walking from the Inn to the park (This was the morning of the 21st), I started to feel very upset about my condition from the night before, (which again, Id rather not talk about). Suddenly I started to feel very dizzy, but I tried to shake it off. So right before we get to the bag check, I tell my mother "I feel very bad". At this point I started getting pains around my heart. They said "lets get into the park and get you something to drink".

As soon as we get into DCA, I couldnt take it anymore, I nearly collapsed under the Golden Gate Bridge, and I was having blurred vision. A very nice looking CM came up to my mother and asked her if she could ask some questions. My mom told her "You know, my son isnt feeling good right now". The Cm immediatley asked if we needed First Aid. I didnt want to cause any trouble but at this point I almost passed out. The CM asked us if we needed First Aid brought to us. My mom nodded and within a few seconds a Disneyland nurse came up with a bunch of gadgets to test my blood pressure and pulse. He asked if I needed to go to the hospital. I said that I just needed to lay down. So my mom told him to bring me to the hospital. Within what felt like seconds dozens of CMs flooded around me to cover the incident and I was immeditley rushed to the back of HPB where an ambulance awaited.

So far, a pretty standard trip.

I was taken into the hospital, which treated me with quick and excellent service. It turned out I was dangerously dehydrated and my body could basically not take it anymore. Thankfully everything else was fine and after many tests, I was free to go within a couple hours.

This is the cool part.

A Disney security guard came to pick us up, and brought me and my mother back to the park. This is the part that might make you guys jealous. I got to see behind both parks. I saw many extra ride cars, giant warehouses filled with tracks and floats. I sawe the characters on their lunch break with their costumes off (They were suprisingly young). I even saw dancers from the parade doing yoga. It was a truly weird and unique ride.

At this point I was dropped off near the wharf and I was starving so I had a nice bowl of Clam Chowder and then I went back to the CCI. I went back to the park around 8pm. All I did was go on Tower of Terror and see some of the Electrical Parade, but I was happy to be ok.

That night I still had troubles sleeping, but I got a decent nights rest and headed to Disneyland. I actually had a bunch of fun until 3pm, and I got to go on alot of rides wince the lines werent ridiculous (except Nemo, which I did not go on). By the way did you ever notice how long Pirates of the Carribean is? You really notice these things after drinking 20 bottles of Disani water :lol:.

So I went on Pirates twice, Splash Mountain (which was fun because my little sister rode it for the first time), Indy, Haunted Mansion, and I think thats about it. At around 3, after a great meal at the Rancho whatever place (which has the best soft tacos ) in Fronteirland I wasnt feeling too great so we all went back to the Inn.

Out of all days it never rains in Anaheim, I had to be there when it did. I was intially frustraited when we returned to the park at 7pm when it was light raining, but the weather got better. I went on Space Mountain, Buzz, and I got to eat again, but I wasnt feeling that great, as I was still very shaken from the day before. I started to feel very tired around the time R..DCT came on, but I got to see it from the middle (which almost gave me whiplash). At this time I went back to the hotel and slept.

The next morning I wasnt planning on going to the park, as we had to get back home early, but my mom reminded me we had an early admission pass, so we got to the park around 7:20. It was awesome. I got to go on almost all of the Fantasyland rides with my little sister, mother and older sister, so it was fun. I went on Matterhorn (which is bumpy as ever), Dumbo, Teacups, Peter Pan (which is much better than I remembered), Snow White (which is much worse than I remembered), Pinocchio, and Alicee. All before 9am. At this time we headed to the Princess Faire, where my sister waited in line for an hour to get her autographs and pictures with the princesses. We left the park around 11.

So thats it! Pretty dissapointing trip overall, but still, Disneyland is Disneyland, and I had a good time when I was there.

Thanks for reading!:thumbup:

Oh... and did anybody see me?
  • codelyokorox
    Adventurer Slash Explorer
    • May 2007

Re: ChurroMans DLR Trip Report July 21-23... And Believe Me, this is a VERY different

Whoa. Are you alright? Fine?

That sounds pretty cool though. -note to self, pass out next time- Kidding kidding!

I'm jealous. I've been dehydrated before... that just sucks. It's really a pain... I couldn't imagine it at Disneyland...

Glad you had fun though.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

• SorcererMickey
      WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
      • Nov 2006

Re: ChurroMans DLR Trip Report July 21-23... And Believe Me, this is a VERY different

Hope you're feeling better!!

Comment

• Maverick
        What's a motto with you?
        • Apr 2007

churros are good
        Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

• TraceCub
          Clearing my Calendar
          • Jun 2005

Well, I'm glad you got to see that cool stuff! :lol:

I bet next time, you'll take better care of yourself after a..erhm.. sleepless night and drink a lot of water and bring in those electrolytes!

I'm glad you're fine.
          "But every night, when it gets dark
          and the stars come out,
          I'll look up on her behalf.
          I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

• ChurroMan
            MiceChatter
            • Jul 2007

Hey thanks guys. I myself am doing fine, but Im still a bit nervous from the experience.

Thankfully the doctors said something about me being invincible or something...

And yes, churros are VERY good.

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
              Banned User
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by ChurroMan View Post
              This is the part that might make you guys jealous. I got to see behind both parks. I saw many extra ride cars, giant warehouses filled with tracks and floats. I sawe the characters on their lunch break with their costumes off (They were suprisingly young). I even saw dancers from the parade doing yoga. It was a truly weird and unique ride.
              I am not jealous!! I see it ALL the time when I was working!!

It sucks to hear what happened, but glad that you are doing better now.

Comment

• Maverick
                What's a motto with you?
                • Apr 2007

churros are sexy
                Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

• SciFi96
                  missing the DisneyGallery
                  • Jun 2007

I was there when it rained too. I was in the Tiki Room and the CRAZY CM who was working there was doing some sort of tribal dance during the Tiki Gods song. I thought he was kidding when he said that he had made it rain. So I would blame the rain on him.

He was pretty funny though...
                  sigpic
                  When attractions were original

Comment

• codelyokorox
                    Adventurer Slash Explorer
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by SciFi96 View Post
                    I was there when it rained too. I was in the Tiki Room and the CRAZY CM who was working there was doing some sort of tribal dance during the Tiki Gods song. I thought he was kidding when he said that he had made it rain. So I would blame the rain on him.

He was pretty funny though...
                    ) Haha. That's pretty great. I'd love to see that.

Churros=long lines. ):
                    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

• Indiana Joel
                      Fairies and Mermaids!
                      • Feb 2007

I was over at DCA during the rain, waiting for Screamin' but it's good to hear that you're feeling well, Super ChurroMan
                      sigpic
                      Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Comment

• alldaymd
                        Must Ride Space Mountain
                        • May 2007

My husband got sick in the park. The CM's are awsome. Ms. Cruella DeVil came and visited him on request. I hate that DeVil woman. She tried to take my man over some puppies.

He was diagnosed as a Diabetic that day.
                        I know you, :squeeze:I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert). :yea:

Comment

• sdmom
                          MiceChatter
                          • Nov 2006

Interesting TR. Glad you are feeling better and enjoyed at least a couple of days.

Comment

• NeverNeverland
                            Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

Glad that you're feeling better and you were still able to enjoy your trip!!
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• ChurroMan
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jul 2007

Yeah, Ill be alright.

I really appluad the quickness of the Disney crew. They even offered me a Dream Fastpass but I forgot to ask them for one later.

Comment

• RPerez3
                                MiceChatter
                                • Apr 2007

Glad to know you are doing better. This was an interesting TR, so thanks. It is good to know that the CMs take someones illness serious no matter how severe. Pretty cool too that they sent someone to pick you up.

Comment

• BFJen
                                  For You!
                                  • Feb 2006

Really cool about security coming back to pick you up! Thumbs up Disney! Glad you're doing better!!!
                                  sigpic
                                  Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X