This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Disney hotel?

Ok, I'm gathering information so I'm going to have some questions.

Since I am planning my first EVER trip to Disneyland I need input but I want you to remember I want to really immerse myself in the Disney "experience."

With that in mind I am going all out and I need to know, if you had to choose, which hotel would you go stay at and why?

Re: Which Disney hotel?

I prefer the GCH because I love being completely immersed in Disney and I feel the Grand accomplishes that. I have stayed there twice, believe it or not in the same room each time, and I almost feel as if I'm home instead of at a hotel. I stayed on the concierge level in a king room. The decor is arts and crafts, very woodsy but elegant. The rooms have a subtle hint of characters in it, Snow White and Bambi. I had a city view room but it overlooked a wooded area that the monorail passed through. I also had a perfect view of most of the fireworks from the balcony. The room had a coffee table and couch which opened into a queen bed. The bureau held an empty fridge so you could keep late night snacks fresh. A nice size plasma TV with a dvd player sat on top. The robes are extremely comfortable also.

I stayed at the Paradise Pier during the 50th and once when it was the Disneyland Pacific. I'll tell you about my most recent trip. I was on the 12th floor with a theme park view. You couldn't see fireworks from the room and the fireworks music channel didn't work. I wasn't overly thrilled with the view because you got a lot of the road and backstage instead of the actual park. It was neat watching step off and step down for the parades. It seemed very "hotel" to me and a large stuffed animal was mistakenly taken from the room. I tried to find it through the proper channels and asked if housekeeping would search through the laundry in the morning. Nothing was found and when trying to talk to hotel management I was offered $25 instead. Didn't replace something that had a lot of sentimental value. Because of how poorly this incident was handled I will never stay at the PP again. I'm sure some people really like it and will be able to help you better.

This Dec I will stay for the first time at the DLH concierge floor, park view. I'll be able to give an update after that.

Comment

This is not on DLR property but I heard on the radio recently about a "Disney Package" being offered by the Balboa Bay Club. This is located in Newport Beach with beach access directly on the harbor. And the condominium portion (these are residences and cannot be rented) of the complex was built by Jack Wrather -- the same guy who built the Disneyland Hotel.

In any case I checked out their website and for $310 per night you get the room, a rental car, two passes to the DLR (park hopper I believe), and two boxed lunches to go with it.

For the same rate you can stay at a hotel on property but this is a really good deal, especially for a hotel on the beach, when you factor in the plusses that is included in that price.

Comment

I heard the DLH is pretty sweet

Comment

I agree with Sorcerer Mickey! For all the above reasons, plus the GCH is the first resort ever inside a Disney park. As well as a fantastic spa, private entrance to the park, great pools, etc., these all add up to making the GCH the best Disney hotel at any property.
          Last edited by h2opolodad; 07-26-2007, 11:37 AM. Reason: Makes more sense

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            This is not on DLR property but I heard on the radio recently about a "Disney Package" being offered by the Balboa Bay Club. This is located in Newport Beach with beach access directly on the harbor. And the condominium portion (these are residences and cannot be rented) of the complex was built by Jack Wrather -- the same guy who built the Disneyland Hotel.

In any case I checked out their website and for $310 per night you get the room, a rental car, two passes to the DLR (park hopper I believe), and two boxed lunches to go with it.

For the same rate you can stay at a hotel on property but this is a really good deal, especially for a hotel on the beach, when you factor in the plusses that is included in that price.
            Thanks for the information but I live 30 minutes from the beach so while that would be a GREAT deal for most people it really doesn't appeal to me that much. My vacation is going to be solely focused on Disneyland/DCA. I know most will tell me there is so much more to do but I think I'll save all that for another trip.

Comment

GCH overlooking DCA or DTD

Comment

They have two beautiful pools: The Fountain pool, a large lap pool that has a really cute turtle fountain, and the Redwood pool, that has a you use your room key to enter, and the towels are provided for guests at a self serve towel cabana. They also have wait staff that will take your order for drinks - also nearby is White Water Snacks (cheap good food!).

Have Fun! :yea:

Comment

To be honest, if I wanted to be immersed in the Disney experience, I would choose the Disneyland Hotel. While the GCH is beautiful and plush, the Disneyland Hotel is much more 'Disneyfied'. The decor revolves around everything Disney, from the etched headboards and armoire, to the Tinkerbell boarder around the room, and all the Disney art around the hotel.

Don't get me wrong, I looooove GCH, but once I'm in there, I feel there's very little to give you the Disney feeling, other than the little soaps in the room, the giftshop, and being able to walk into DCA from it.

That being said, I would stay at either, given the chance

Comment

If you want the luxurious resort feel go with the Grand Californian

If you want the "I am at Disneyland" feel go with Disneyland Hotel.

I often forget that Paradise Pier is a Disney hotel, so I don't know what to tell you about that one. I've never know anyone who's stayed there.

Comment

Disneyland Hotel for TRUE all-things-Disney
                      GCH for TRUE Disney luxury
                      Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

I have stayed at all 3 hotels and here's my thoughts ( if their worth anything to anybody )) I like GCH because of feeling immersed in the whole Disney experience and the private entry into DCH is great to cut through to DL, the rooms are beautiful ( a little small though) with the turn down service is nice along with the toiletries that are in the room. Paradise Pier is nice if you want to say on resort on a budget, it's not top of the line, but the rooms are bigger and it gives you quick access to DD ( if you know the short-cut) and DCA. DL Hotel was great, but it was 98' the last time I stayed there and I liked it because it was the closest one to Disney in style and I liked the suites that they have, very roomy.

Comment

I'm glad someone mentioned Disneyland Hotel, don't get me wrong I wanted all opinions but I was worried that because it wasn't mentioned that DH had a problem or something. LOL

I think Disneyland Hotel might be more what I'm looking for, the first time it's just me, I think GCH would be great when I bring my family back though.

Comment

The GCH isn't very "Disney." It's somewhat similar to the Wilderness Lodge at WDW, but with a much better location.

The Disneyland Hotel though is very "Disney" with artwork and such. The location is only steps further, plus it's closer to the monorail.

Comment

The rooms at the DLH are larger than those at the GCH. So if you've got a larger group that may be a consideration for you.

I agree with VF, I love the GCH it's beautiful and plush but the DLH is more "disney" to me. I love the etchings on the headboards and the armoires, I love the pool. My kids prefer the DLH over the GCH, they both feel that it's more fun and more Disney.

I've never stayed at Paradise Pier so I can't help with that.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X