This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasyland Pirate Ship Pictures

For my 1,000th post I have been saving some very special pictures of the Pirate Ship Restaurant which used to be in Fantasyland. The pictures were given to us by a relative who was a manager at the restaraunt. She retired in 1975. These include construction photos, publicity shots, and some miscellaneous shots. I do not believe any of these have been seen for years, if ever on the web. Hope you enjoy this blast from the past.

Is it chicken or tuna?

Every boy's favorite mouseketeer

Anyone want a hot tuna pie?

I do have a few more treasures that I am saving to share for another day.
    sigpic

Re: Fantasyland Pirate Ship Pictures

Those are some amazing shots...thank you! Happy 1000th post!

Comment

Those pics are AWESOME!!!!

Please, sir (ma'am), may I have some more??

Comment

WOW!!! What a treat for us. I loved seeing the old cars on the construction site too. Thanks and I hope your next pictures are posted soon. Congrats on your 1,000th post!

Looking at the pictures would this have been where the Storybook boats are now? This was a restaurant? Was is stationary?

Comment

that is definately one of those things that I wish they still had on property.

Comment

thanks for the pics those are AWESOME!!!!
            i wish they still had that.
            Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

It sat right next to Storybook Land. In one of the pictures you can see the beginnings of that ride off to the left when it was known as Canal Boats of the World. It was stationary with a ramp in (on the left side in that one picture) and exit out the Right. The water was bubbled in front of the bow to make it look like it was moving, but it was part of the lagoon and did not rock or move.

You could also eat your Tuna Sandwiches on the top decks, or go to the eating area at the right side of the boat. Later on they added the Skull Rock Grotto which was really the icing on the cake. The name of the boat, Chicken of the Sea, was the name of the Tuna sponsor at that time. I had a Tuna Sandwich, chips and drink every time we went until it was torn out. Very sad day. So it's a happy day now to see the construction pictures and finished ship all these years later. I too wish it was still there.
              Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

OK, those are freakin' awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing these lil' gems.

Comment

Are people really that fond of tuna?

But these are terrific pictures. I used to only want Chicken of the Sea brand because it had a mermaid on the can. Looks like I missed out, here. Thanks for the photos!
                  You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

Comment

Wow - I never got to experience this attraction. If I only had a time machine!

Comment

Amazing pics.

I love Annette.
                      sigpic
                      Home away from Home.

Comment

Awesome pics! So very cool..... Congrats on 1,000!

Comment

Congratulations on your 1,000th post and thank you for making it so special.

I have very fond memories of that ship. We got our tuna sandwich for lunch just about every time we went there. And it was a great place to go and view the fireworks at night. I really miss it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Great pics of a great place. I've been to DLP a several times and wished that the ship/skull rock were still at DLR.

Thank you so much for sharing and congrats on the 1,000 post!

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
                              Congratulations on your 1,000th post and thank you for making it so special.

I have very fond memories of that ship. We got our tuna sandwich for lunch just about every time we went there. And it was a great place to go and view the fireworks at night. I really miss it.
                              Thank you for the nice comments. I did not even think about it but I bet the fireworks view would have been spectacular from the ship.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X