This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 22-24 Trekkie Dad takes Jimmie to DL for her birthday

I'm going to start this with a picture of a window Jimmie and I saw in Disneyland. It doesn't seem the kind of establishment I would expect guests to patronize there. The words read "MASSAGE PARLOR"

While you are puzzling over that, I'll get started on the report.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
    sigpic

Re: July 22-24 Trekkie Dad takes Jimmie to DL for her birthday

Oh goodie, a new trip report! Reads caption...ponders a few moments...(hmmm, I never really gave it any thought before)...scrolls down...what?!?...only one picture?...refreshes screen...(stupid antiquated computer!)...that seems to be it so far...alright, maybe I'll ponder some more...tap, tap, tap...trying to remain patient...well, it's been a long day, so I'll just close with - Can't wait to see how the rest of this report goes!

Comment

short trip! :-)

Comment

That was just a tease. We arrived on the 21st and checked into our hotel. Here's the view from our window of the "enjoyable path" made famous in Fishbulb's trip reports:

Looking directly out the window, this is the view:

Actually, it was a very nice room, but we only stayed in it one night, because the hotel's WiFi didn't work there. More about that later.

I know it's a slow start, but I'm getting sleepy. Check in again tomorrow.
        Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
        sigpic

Comment

And then what?? Huh? Huh? Huh?? I SEE THE CAST SHUTTLES, LOL!!

Comment

I'm not patient- but I'm trying hard!

Comment

What the heck?? you start a trip report and then you go away? you need a paddling young man!!! I love your trip reports, can not wait to see the pics, ( though your making me :bang: )

Comment

Originally posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
                I'm going to start this with a picture of a window Jimmie and I saw in Disneyland. It doesn't seem the kind of establishment I would expect guests to patronize there. The words read "MASSAGE PARLOR"

While you are puzzling over that, I'll get started on the report.
                hee hee hee leave it to you to find a massage parlor window :lmao: good eye there Trekkie

Comment

Is that the new Worldmark Anaheim in the construction picture? (Finding things to look at in these small smackerels of something is getting challenging!!)
                  I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
                  then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Uh huh.
                    He comes back all "did you miss me?" then leaves us hanging on his TR.
                    I see how it is! )
                    Can't wait for the rest!
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

OK, I'm back to add to the trip report. (Sheesh, a guy spends the day on a 68 mile bike ride, and everybody gets impatient.)

So because the WiFi didn't work, we got up early and packed our belongings to be stored by the hotel. We had a light breakfast by the pool. (I happen to like free oatmeal.) We had visitors, of course:

Jimmie has this thing about leaving a few crumbs for the birds.

After getting our stuff stored, it was off to Disneyland to stand in line for opening.

Looks like some people arrived by bike.

Bag check was just about to open.

Now we wait near the front.

As the line grows behind us.

The gates are about to open.

We're close enough to get scanned before opening and the CM invites Jimmie and I to look at her birthday greeting.

OK, that will do for now. I'll post some more a little later. Trust me, there are a lot more pictures to come.
                      sigpic

Comment

Awesome! Can't wait to see the rest!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

I love this pic.... it made me laugh.... look at the faces. one guy looks stoned, the lady looks mad and is that guy taking a pic of his feet ? :lol: keep em coming love the pics!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                            I love this pic.... it made me laugh.... look at the faces. one guy looks stoned, the lady looks mad and is that guy taking a pic of his feet ? :lol: keep em coming love the pics!!!
                            Maybe it was just too early for some of them.

Well we got in right after the countdown, and we WALKED as fast as we could to the Nemo line. Even though it wasn't an early entry day, and there were security guys to tell people not to run, there were still several hundred people in front of us in that line--some with STROLLERS. Are they putting jet engines on those things? At least the line kept moving until we got backed up at this point.

Actually, we didn't do too badly. The sub we got in had no one getting out, and we were done with the ride by about 8:40. No pictures of the ride--there are plenty of good ones that others have taken.

Our next step was to pick up a couple FPs for Space and go BACK down Main Street to City Hall, so Jimmie could get her birthday button. The fire engine was available, so I suggested riding on that. Here's our driver:

The view down Main Street:

Arriving at City Hall:

I even got a junior firefighter sticker badge from the driver.

Then it was off to breakfast at Riverbelle. (Actually SECOND breakfast, as we tend to eat like hobbits at Disneyland) I always like the view from this place.

By this time we had gotten a call from Jimmie's friend Marge, and we told her to meet us in front of Space Mountain, so she could get a fastpass, too. While in Tomorrowland, we rode Buzz and Star Tours. There was still a half-hour until the meet, so we decided to take a ride on the Monorail. We missed riding the "nemorail".

But that gave me time to take a couple of pictures.

Since we were near the back of Monorail Purple, I requested a ride in the tail, and the request was granted.

And we were back in time for the meet. I'll put that in my next post. Stay tuned.
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow what a report thanks happy bday again
                              :crazylegs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X