Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter Pan was my favorite, and I have memories of the burning village section of Pirates from when I was about 5 or 6... I was amazed by the flames in all of the windows - I thought it was real...

Comment

I was a train boy myself. Everything else terrified me. Still love the train.
      Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Comment

Originally posted by swagdaddy
        I miss Big Al! Stupid Pooh!

AMEN!

Comment

Give me a thrill ride - even when I was a youngster. My two favorites were The Matterhorn and the Mad Tea Party - expecially with my Dad at the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by swagdaddy
            I was terrified of the flumes on Pirates, which made me want to ride it more and more. I loved It's a Small World, and Bear County Jamboree.

I miss Big Al! Stupid Pooh!

I still have my Big Al piggy bank sitting on my chest of drawers. Hmmmm.....I wonder if he still has money. I'll be back later.
            "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

Comment

hands down the autopia... imagine a little kid gets to drive a car!!! sweet!

oh, and skyway (we called it the "buckets"), motorboat cruise, tom sawyers island, matterhorn bobsleds, and my all time favorite circlevision 360!!!

remember when it was sponsored by Bell Telephone and at the exit the phone booths with speaker phones? sounds silly now, but it was state of the art then!

very cool stuffing all of my friends in a booth to call our moms at home!! :-)
              sigpic

Comment

I dont remember it too well, but my parents swear up and down that they couldnt drag me off of pirates LOL. I guess tiki room and the submarine voyage were also ones that they had a hard time getting me out of.

I traditionally would drag them on a marathon run through the sleeping beauty castle display as well: run upstairs, look at stuff in the top, run downstairs LOL. I used to buy penny candy in the castle candy shop and suck on it for hours as I watched the cartoons in the fantasyland theater.

Comment

As a teenager I used to go every weekend and hang out at Videopoplis. I miss that place. I also miss Adventure through Inner Space, but I do love Start Tours....I'm torn now
                  PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

The Main Street Electrical Parade was my fav. I know its not an attraction but the first time I saw it I was in total ah (its not the same anymore over in DCA)
                    sigpic

Comment

i totally agree, Skipper
                      sigpic

Comment

Autopia!

I'd go on it again and again until I could drive through the track completely in my own control. No bumping any concrete, or rails, or anything.

Comment

Great avatar MickeyMania!
                          "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

Comment

peter pan, dumbo, and pirates.....I don't enjoy pirates or dumbo as much now, but peter pan is still fun. Probably because I only go on it like once a year still...

Comment

Not just the submarine voyage, but being able to look across the lagoon, and see the Subs, Peoplemover, all 4 monorails, skyway, and rocketjets all operating. Now, at the same spot, you can see the observatron, the Exiled Subs in the caverns, and maybe a monorail.

The Submarine Voyage was/is one of the best/simplest rides in Disneyland

Comment

At DL, Adventure Thru Innerspace always fascinated me.

At WDW, the forward effect on "If You Had Wings" will
                                always be remembered fondly.
                                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

As a young child, my favorite ride was usually always a toss-up between Mr. Toad and Autopia.

Comment

Mr. Toad and Captan EO

Comment

My childhood favorite ride was Disneyland Railroad. Now it is Indiana Jones.

Comment

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland
                                          "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                                          - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X