This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaths At Disney Land

Ive Heard Many Storries Like The Dude On Thunder Mountain...but I Heard Theyu Took Of The Ride That Went From Matternhron To Fantasy Land( The Lil Things Hangin On A Strin) Cuz A Kid Committed Suicide..plus I Herd Some Kid Died Try To Swim From Tomsawyers Island Back To The Harbor After He Stayed Hidden All Night...any True...any One Got Some To Share???

Gastgrimm

Re: Deaths At Disney Land

No one died on the Skybuckets

Comment

If you look on here long enough there are a couple threads that detailed the past accidents.
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Rides that people have died on:

- Big Thunder Mountain
        - Matterhorn
        - PeopleMover
        - Monorail track
        - Rivers of America
        - S.S Columbia

And some others I'm not sure about, like somebody told me someone died on Space Mountain, but I've never heard that before.
        I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
        Argonaut - 1
        Sea Farer - 1

Comment

January 1975
          January 1975--Three youths are shot in Tomorrowland in the park's first reported large-scale gang fight.

January 1979
          January 1979--An employee working on the Matterhorn attraction slipped while trying to release a bobsled during a breakdown. His foot went under the track and the sled ran over it, tearing the top and pulverizing the bones. A co-worker removed his own shirt, wrapped the injured foot, and called for an ambulance.

March 1990

March 31, 1990--A 13-year-old Canadian girl is injured when a support arm on the Dumbo Flying Elephant Ride collapse

April 1994
          April 17,1994--A visitor falls 20 feet from the Skyway ride, tumbling into a tree.

July 1995
          July 1995--A 17-year-old Anaheim girl working as a hostess on the Star Tours ride fractures her skull after falling onto the concrete floor. She had been ordered to climb out on a darkened catwalk to retrieve a fallen brochure.

These are just a few of the many that I found at the site below

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vita...Disneyland.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Coasterfan View Post
            April 1994
            April 17,1994--A visitor falls 20 feet from the Skyway ride, tumbling into a tree.
            That wasn't a death

"On Sunday morning, 17 April 1994, a 30-year-old man named Randle Charles fell approximately 20 feet from one of the Skyway cabins and landed in a tree near the "Alice in Wonderland" attraction. He was helped out of the tree by paramedics and taken to nearby Western Medical Center, where he was treated for minor injuries and released. Charles later filed a $25,000 negligence lawsuit against Disney, claiming that he had suffered permanent neck and back injuries as a result of his fall."

Comment

http://snopes.com/disney/parks/deaths.htm

This list is only of on ride deaths

Comment

A cast member died in the America Sings building.

If you do a search for deaths in DL, that will give you
                a few pages to look at.

Snopes has a pretty good summary here
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

April 1994
                  What luck, there just happened to be a tree there to catch him.

He didn't fall, he jumped. Trust me.

Comment

Oh yeah, this doesn't count as a death, but supposedly a young boy has removed his restraints on California Screamin' before, and jumped out of the car, and landed into the grass (what grass? lol). Nobody knows if he was injured or not. I think I read this on wikipedia?? I know that the site isn't 100% true, but it was very weird.
                    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
                    Argonaut - 1
                    Sea Farer - 1

Comment

This is off-topic, but OP: you need a spellchecker.
                      Last edited by ttztotdca50; 07-31-2007, 08:23 PM.
                      "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Maybe Faces of Death should offer up a DVD on the death's at DL.

Seems to be a market...

Comment

January 1975
                          January 1975--Three youths are shot in Tomorrowland in the park's first reported large-scale gang fight.

January 1979
                          January 1979--An employee working on the Matterhorn attraction slipped while trying to release a bobsled during a breakdown. His foot went under the track and the sled ran over it, tearing the top and pulverizing the bones. A co-worker removed his own shirt, wrapped the injured foot, and called for an ambulance.

March 1990

March 31, 1990--A 13-year-old Canadian girl is injured when a support arm on the Dumbo Flying Elephant Ride collapse

April 1994

July 1995
                          July 1995--A 17-year-old Anaheim girl working as a hostess on the Star Tours ride fractures her skull after falling onto the concrete floor. She had been ordered to climb out on a darkened catwalk to retrieve a fallen brochure.

These are just a few of the many that I found at the site below

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vita...Disneyland.htm

None of those resulted in death though.
                          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by FinalAdventure View Post
                            Rides that people have died on:

- Big Thunder Mountain
                            - Matterhorn
                            - PeopleMover
                            - Monorail track
                            - Rivers of America
                            - S.S Columbia
                            Add America Sings.
                            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

I can't remember but did the guy from the Columbia accident die right away? He basically got decapitated.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X