X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomGirl307
    • Jun 2006

AP 20% off coupon: good at Club 33?

I'm heading to Club 33 next week and realized that I have an unused Disneyland Resort Annual Passport coupon for 20% off a purchase of $50 or more.

Does anyone know if I'll be able to use this coupon for Club 33 merchandise or not? This is what the back says:

Offer valid at the following Disneyland Resort store locations:
    Disneyland Park stores & pin carts
    Disney's California Adventure Park stores & pin carts
    World of Disney Store, Marceline's Confectionary and Disney's Pin Traders in the Downtown Disney District
    Disneyland REsort Hotel Stores
    Disneyland DelivEARS

Discount shall not apply to the following store locations or items:
    Locations: Midway Games, Disney Vault 28, Fairytale Arts, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Artists, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Three Fairies Magic Crystals, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops and Face Painting
    Items: DVDs, Computer Software, Walt Disney Classics Collection, Original Art Work, Gift Cards, Disney Dollars, Ticket Media or Park Admission, food or beverage locations throughout the the Resort or shipping and taxes.

That last part may mean I can't use it at Club 33, huh? Although, technically, they should have listed that part under locations instead of under items... does anybody want to share w/me a happy story of someone using their coupon at Club 33? Thanks!
  • hollywood1939
    isn't an elitist
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Sep 2006

Re: AP 20% off coupon: good at Club 33?

I don't think so. I have no reason to back it up, but I really don't think that would work.
    -Jack :geek:
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

• PrincessY
      Winter in Oceanside...
      • Oct 2005

I don't believe you can use it at ANY restaurant. My understanding is that you can only use it on a SINGLE purchase of $50 or more - one item of $50+.

Comment

• PirateMickey
        A Pirate's life for me!
        • Sep 2005

Yeah, as many of those that we have had, they have always been used for merchandise and not for food.

Besides, asking for a discount at Club 33 is kind of like asking for a discount on a Rolls Royce. It just isn't done.

Enjoy!

Comment

• EvilQueen
          Disgruntled Former CM
          • Apr 2007

Give it a try; the Wait Staff will be talking about it for months...
          "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

• I Heart Disneyland
            Banned User
            • Aug 2005

You can't even get your AP discount at Club 33, so, it's doubtful.

Comment

• Aladdin
              Prince Ali
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
              I don't believe you can use it at ANY restaurant. My understanding is that you can only use it on a SINGLE purchase of $50 or more - one item of $50+.
              I agree that Club 33 probably is excluded from use of this coupon
              on both food AND purchases.

BUT, the definition of SINGLE PURCHASE means that you
              can use the coupon on your ENTIRE PURCHASE at one store
              location. SO, if you want to go hog wild at the World of
              Disney Store, as long as you purchase all of your items
              within the World of Disney, at one Register, the 20% applies
              to ALL items in that one purchase. (as long as it totals the
              minimum $50.00, barring exclusions listed on your coupon for
              Walt Disney Classics Collection, dvds, computer software, etc.)
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• techskip
                I Break Things
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                Besides, asking for a discount at Club 33 is kind of like asking for a discount on a Rolls Royce. It just isn't done.
                IF paid in full in cash you can actually get a "discount" on a variety of luxury cars! It's more or less the who you are and how much you have mentality when it comes to that market. Also with the proper attire you can test drive a Ferrari (did that once for the fun of it.... scary.... mirrors were more then my weekly paycheck at the time!)
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

• PrincessY
                  Winter in Oceanside...
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                  BUT, the definition of SINGLE PURCHASE means that you
                  can use the coupon on your ENTIRE PURCHASE at one store
                  location.
                  Good to know cuz that was always confusing to me!

Comment

• patattack
                    MiceChatter
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                    IF paid in full in cash you can actually get a "discount" on a variety of luxury cars! It's more or less the who you are and how much you have mentality when it comes to that market. Also with the proper attire you can test drive a Ferrari (did that once for the fun of it.... scary.... mirrors were more then my weekly paycheck at the time!)
                    ill be paying with full cash at club 33 and i wont get a discount for that? lol

Comment

• CUatDL
                      See you there!
                      • Oct 2005

Well, it doesn't say yes, doesn't say no! It's just not mentioned. (I wonder why <VBG>) As another poster mentioned. I also think you should ask for an AP discount at Club 33. Then report back. :evil::evil:

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
                      -
                      What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

• DLFreak71
                        ---------------
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by CUatDL View Post
                        Well, it doesn't say yes, doesn't say no! It's just not mentioned. (I wonder why <VBG>) As another poster mentioned. I also think you should ask for an AP discount at Club 33. Then report back. :evil::evil:

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

I doubt the discount. I also think it doesn't mention Club 33 on the back because the AVERAGE guest prob. isn't going there and can't afford it.
                        Also, most guest don't even know what Club 33 is. Can you see the long line at City Hall for people saying "Club 33 isn't on my map. Where is it located and how do I get in line for this attraction". I'm sure Club 33 goes under the part that says "Subject to restrictions and change without notice"
                        Quote by Al:
                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

• hollywood1939
                          isn't an elitist
                          MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                          • Sep 2006

I just remembered, you get admission into the park with Club 33 reservations so no it won't work.
                          -Jack :geek:
                          Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

• Snow_White_Raven
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jun 2006

just so you guys know you also don't get a cast member discount at club 33 so I highly doubt you would get the AP renewel 20% discount... Nice try though...

Comment

• aashee
                              Skeevy Ray Vaughan
                              • Aug 2006

First rule in Sales:

Always ask, the worst they can say is no.

Chad

Comment

• KDR
                                • Dec 2005

As has been stated, not only are there no AP discounts for anything at Club 33, there aren't even any Cast Member discounts. No coupons, nothing. The price is the price (for both merch and food).

Comment

• CUatDL
                                  See you there!
                                  • Oct 2005

Lunch at the Club is a better deal for non-members and non AP holders (read average guest who normally pays for a days admisson) because:

1. Members pay an initiation fee, annual dues and then pay for meals as well.
                                  2. Non-members and non AP holders get admission included, all they have to do is pay for lunch.

Who gets the better deal? The member or a guest?

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
                                  -
                                  What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

• TomGirl307
                                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                    First rule in Sales:

Always ask, the worst they can say is no.

Chad
                                    True story! However, I'm getting a strong feeling from all the posts (and my own common sense) that it's a very long shot. Oh well. I don't mind if I end up as the subject of a post at stupidguesttricks.com! Thanks everyone.

Comment

• Opus1guy
                                      • Sep 2005

While ultimately some revenue from Club 33 finds its way into Disneyland's coffers...it is mostly operated separately from Disneyland Park. It even has its own business license, liquor license, and separate business address. And if you want to go back a few years...it was even a totally separate company from Disney, with its own shares of stock and separately issued Stock Certificates. It even had its own corporate officers and Board members!

Today, even though it is now part of The Walt Disney Company...since it is considered somewhat along the lines of a lessee of space within the Park where Disneyland supplies various support services as part of their "rent"...and still some other services are charged to the Club as septate fees...and the fact that it is a Private facility and not a public one...they do not have to "exclude" Club 33 from everything they print or do (although there have been the rare occasion when they have printed exclusions that mentioned Club 33).

As far as the General Public goes...Disneyland does not consider Club 33 as part of Disneyland Park, or as any part of a normal Disneyland experience. Club 33 is a separate entity that just resides within Disneyland Park.

When someone would say, "There's no alcohol in Disneyland except at Club 33"...Disney was always quick to correct: "No. There is no alcohol anywhere in Disneyland Park. Club 33 is not part of Disneyland Park."

I think this is one of the biggest changes I've noticed since the internet and Club 33 becoming more well known: That regular Disneyland Resort Guests start to consider it somehow part of the Disneyland Park or Disneyland Resort experience. It is not. It may be part of some Members and Member's Guests Disneyland day. But by default it is not any part of the Disneyland experience that is included with Park admission or other Disneyland marketing or promotional offers. And therefore exclusions do not have to be stated (and never were, with rare exception).

As others have already stated, there are no discounts of any kind offered at Club 33. Never have been. Not even to Disneyland Cast Members, or even to Club 33's own staff.

They have the capability to totally comp someone a freebie if they wish, of course. But the words "discount" and "Club 33" are basically mutually exclusive.

Comment

• Aladdin
                                        Prince Ali
                                        • Jan 2005

Well, Club 33 is IN Disneyland. And even though a
                                        separate membership is necessary, it is STILL IN
                                        DL, which technically means it IS the only place
                                        IN DL where alcohol is served on a regular basis.:razz:
                                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X