X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring back the Mine.

Originally posted by Athlonacon View Post
    I wouldn't begrudge them opening the attraction up again. It'd require a lot of Thunder Mountain destruction and no more paths through Frontierland, but with today's technology and the mature landscape of Disneyland the Mine Train ride could look fantastic. It'll never happen of course, but it just doesn't seem right to have all that wasted space today from such an enormous ride.
    Mine Train Thought. You know how everyone complains about the train deteriorating, how there isn't a kids ride in Frontierland, and how Thunder Trail is a bit of a waste of space.... Bring Back the Mine Train! They still have the old tunnel, it probably wouldn't take much to loop it around a bit. You could actually insert it without disturbing anything major, it's be the perfect speed for a little kid's ride, and it'd enhance the theme. I would have said something like pack mules but then you have animal rights and pissed off biting mules and possible kids falling... so yeah bring back Mine Train, in a limited sense. It could actually cover a lot of ground along the river depending on how far you would like to go, you also have the chance to animate the entire area next to the trail as discussed in previous posts! I think it would work... open floor.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: Bring back the Mine.

Yeah, it would work. Is this the Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland or whatnot? I read about it in a book I got for Christmas, just had to be sure.

That'd be really exciting. But you know what else is a waste of space? Ariel's Grotto thing near Tomorrowland, where the House of the Future used to be. And Ariel and Triton are starting to. Look wierd. o.o

I think they should bring it back. That'd be awsome, and the place would get some love, making people happy. But if they continued it through more than one land, they'd have to theme each area differently. Like, if it went along the path and then crossing over into Fantasyland or something (I'm not saying it's possible, because I wouldn't know) it'd need different themind due to being in another land. But really, that'd be pretty neat.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

I agree, bring back Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland. Bring back the House of the Future, too! Plastics are cool and I'd like to walk on Dacron polyester carpeting.

Comment

Originally posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
        I agree, bring back Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland. Bring back the House of the Future, too! Plastics are cool and I'd like to walk on Dacron polyester carpeting.
        I love you.

I want to walk through the House of The Future. So. Badly.

That and Adventure Through Inner Space.

Those two attractions, I'd love Disney to death (I already do, but hey) if they let me ride/walk through those two attractions.

Oh. And I never saw the mermaids on the Submarine Voyage ride. So they should totally bring that back too.

Comment

Originally posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
          Wow that was random... cool.

sigpic

Comment

Not to be a downer, but where exactly are you going to find all of the room required for this attraction? Remember it had several large areas along with the indoor caverns area.
            "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
              Wow that was random... cool.
              Got my answer.

But, if they 'bring back' the mine trains, will anyone really ride them? I know plenty of people who have no interest in the new Submarine ride, so why would anyone like a 'Mine Trains, they're back'. kind of thing?
              Last edited by codelyokorox; 08-02-2007, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I think that Ariel's Grotto does need to be changed, but not into another attraction...Everything inside Disneyland is becoming so tightly packed, I like this little area...It needs to be re-themed possibly and definitely some TLC, but I think it should stay attraction free.

Comment

They would need to start all over. Big Thunder and the Mine Train use different kinds of track: one is railroad track, the other is coaster track. Possibly a miniature mine train in the back, but that would be redundant.
                  I'm a train buff, but leave the mine train in its grave. Now, Golden Horseshoe Revue, and Adventure Thru Inner Space, bring 'em on! If they could find people with that much talent again...Fulton Burley, Betty Taylor, Wally Boag...
                  "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
                    I think that Ariel's Grotto does need to be changed, but not into another attraction...Everything inside Disneyland is becoming so tightly packed, I like this little area...It needs to be re-themed possibly and definitely some TLC, but I think it should stay attraction free.
                    I love that area, it just seems kind of. Deceased? Like a graveyard of sorts? I don't know what I want there, not an attraction and not incredibly shiny statues either.

Just something?

Comment

Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
                      Not to be a downer, but where exactly are you going to find all of the room required for this attraction? Remember it had several large areas along with the indoor caverns area.
                      I proposed bringing back the attraction in a limited sense... not rebuilding and recreating the entire thing. To do a complete recreation would take up most of the current Frontierland. I am saying a simple loop, themed and stretched lengthwise along the river and the trail. It would be extreme low speed... for the wee ones... I think the most drastic change that would actually effect current Frontierland might be adjusting the fence along the trail for "safety".

sigpic

Comment

As much as I like this idea, I can't bring myself to think that it would work without doing at least one of the following:

1. Sacrificing Big Thunder Mountain by necessitating a serious remodel to its track and scenery.
                        2. Sacrificing the Mine Train itself by forcing it into the comparatively small space currently occupied by Big Thunder Ranch and the abandoned Festival of Fools arena. Veterans of the park would be disappointed by the ride not being "like they remember it," since a sizable portion of the original ride occupied space now used by BTMR. Newcomers would probably be unimpressed by the relatively tame and small attraction.

So, I'll do here what I've always done--push for a Frontierland dark ride. It has to happen eventually--and there is enough room for it. It'd have to be a very compact and well-disguised multilevel structure built within the berm. If enough money were allotted, the Disneyland Railroad's tracks could even be expanded outwards into backstage a bit, allowing for even more room. (Heck, they've done it in the past...)

The ride could take on more of a mine cart theme than a mine train one, since BTMR has got the latter taken care of. Think of the way the caverns of Gringotts are described in the first Harry Potter book, or the big mine chase in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Now give that an old west feel, with cutting-edge animatronics, a thrill level that falls somewhere between Indy and more standard dark rides, and lots of creative show scenes. With imaginative planning, proper space management, and a realistically large budget...it could be done. And I think it would attract and entertain more people than a new-and-unimproved mine train ride would.

No disrespect to the original Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland, though! While I never rode it in person, I've seen enough photos and blueprints and personal accounts to make me feel a definite connection to the Frontierland of old.

Comment

I like the idea. Bring back a version of the Mine Train. Animatronic bears, tunnels, bridges, water and some salty ol' cuss narrating. It would be good if they could tell some simple story. I'd go get in line right now!
                          Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

I like that idea, about the mine carts and such.

Yet, we've seen that Disney is slow on fixing things up, and hates to spend a lot of money. Which I've heard they don't have much anyway. So if it's gonna cost that much money, it probably won't happen. Maybe if we all believe?

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                              As much as I like this idea, I can't bring myself to think that it would work without doing at least one of the following:

1. Sacrificing Big Thunder Mountain by necessitating a serious remodel to its track and scenery.
                              2. Sacrificing the Mine Train itself by forcing it into the comparatively small space currently occupied by Big Thunder Ranch and the abandoned Festival of Fools arena. Veterans of the park would be disappointed by the ride not being "like they remember it," since a sizable portion of the original ride occupied space now used by BTMR. Newcomers would probably be unimpressed by the relatively tame and small attraction.

So, I'll do here what I've always done--push for a Frontierland dark ride. It has to happen eventually--and there is enough room for it. It'd have to be a very compact and well-disguised multilevel structure built within the berm. If enough money were allotted, the Disneyland Railroad's tracks could even be expanded outwards into backstage a bit, allowing for even more room. (Heck, they've done it in the past...)
                              Can it be done... yes... and done well considering the size of the property available and the fact that it could be multi-leveled. It would also be possible to put the enterence in BTR to avoid heavy traffic along the physical train. As to being "watered down". It would be for the little ones.

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                              The ride could take on more of a mine cart theme than a mine train one, since BTMR has got the latter taken care of. Think of the way the caverns of Gringotts are described in the first Harry Potter book, or the big mine chase in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Now give that an old west feel, with cutting-edge animatronics, a thrill level that falls somewhere between Indy and more standard dark rides, and lots of creative show scenes. With imaginative planning, proper space management, and a realistically large budget...it could be done. And I think it would attract and entertain more people than a new-and-unimproved mine train ride would.

No disrespect to the original Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland, though! While I never rode it in person, I've seen enough photos and blueprints and personal accounts to make me feel a definite connection to the Frontierland of old.
                              While this sounds amazing, it defeats the point of bringing the Mine Train, or a version of it back! Currently the little ones have; petting zoo or big boat... and that is it! What I would love to see is an alternative for them, if they can't go on Thunder they can go on a cool Mine Car ride. I like the Mine Car concept more then the actual train, but again... slow... for little ones. There is plenty of real estate there if it is managed and used properly!

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X