This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends no more!

Sorry if this topic has been hashed out before, but have you ever gone to the park with close friends only to find out that they don't have the same feelings about DL as you do, and it ruined your visit? Or, do you have certain rides that you have to ride and your friends don't like them? My family has a routine that we love and when we bring others it usually doesn't work! So, we stopped bringing people who took the "happy" out of The Happiest Place on Earth!
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Originally posted by Druggas
    Sorry if this topic has been hashed out before, but have you ever gone to the park with close friends only to find out that they don't have the same feelings about DL as you do, and it ruined your visit? Or, do you have certain rides that you have to ride and your friends don't like them? My family has a routine that we love and when we bring others it usually doesn't work! So, we stopped bringing people who took the "happy" out of The Happiest Place on Earth!
    I had that problem simply taking people to amusement parks...
    Check out my other blog:

Comment

We have split up to do our own thing sometimes!
      I have a brother-law, who loves Disney, but his idea of a good time is to race through the park jumping on as many attractions as he can squeeze in. No walking through enjoying Disneyland for him. He won't eat in the park either. So, though we love him dearly, I just can't enjoy my Disney experience with them.
      Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

My feeling is, if you're an AP and bring people to the park that aren't, you should do what THEY want to do since they never (or rarely) go. If you aren't an AP but go to the park often, then go with others that don't, do some sort of compromise. Vascillate between what you want to do and what they want to do, then everyone gets what they want. There's no reason to have a BAD day at D-land IMHO if a little compromise is worked into the equation.

Comment

What does IMHO mean?
          BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
          TRIP REPORTS

Comment

In my honest opinion

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut
              My feeling is, if you're an AP and bring people to the park that aren't, you should do what THEY want to do since they never (or rarely) go. If you aren't an AP but go to the park often, then go with others that don't, do some sort of compromise. Vascillate between what you want to do and what they want to do, then everyone gets what they want. There's no reason to have a BAD day at D-land IMHO if a little compromise is worked into the equation.
              Why the assumption that all AP's go to the park frequently. I'm an AP and I only go maybe 8-10 days total for the year because I live in N. Cal. So if I go with a family member/friend they probably haven't been to the park anymore or less than I have. I do agree with your suggestion of compromise - THAT IS THE KEY! I just don't agree with broad generalizations made about AP here sometimes.

Comment

No Compromise! It's All About ME!

:lol: Just Kidding ..... Sorta.
                Originally posted by drunkmom
                this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

I'm flying down to Disneyland with my best friend and I'm kinda worried this will happen. When I went to DL with my family, they worshipped fastpass like there's no tomorrow. They would always preach about it to strangers claiming it was the best thing that ever entered their lives. This is what I grew up on.

My friend likes the idea of essentially "cutting" through the line but doesn't wanna go through the "hassle" of visiting the machines. I think this is gonna be an interesting visit and I hope it doesn't turn out like some of the other stories here. >_>

Comment

When I go to the park with friends, I ALWAYS let them choose, because I'm in the park all the time. And I love being able to see what THEY want to do. Especially my young sisters,a nd my friends who haven't visited in years.
                    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

IMHO? I thought it meant, "in my humble opinion"! lol

Guess I'm not as humble as I'd thought!

Comment

Originally posted by chadb14
                        Why the assumption that all AP's go to the park frequently. I'm an AP and I only go maybe 8-10 days total for the year because I live in N. Cal. So if I go with a family member/friend they probably haven't been to the park anymore or less than I have. I do agree with your suggestion of compromise - THAT IS THE KEY! I just don't agree with broad generalizations made about AP here sometimes.
                        WOW! I didnt realize what I said was a generalization of all AP's!! Guess I should have worded my response a little more precisely. How about AP's that go to the park all the time. How was that? Say an AP goes every week, then brings someone who goes once a year or longer to the parks. Then -I- (key word being I, not anyone else) believe that the said person who doesn't go to the park often should get to choose the itinerary.

There. I hope that explained my position a little clearly.

(all opinions expressed in this post are strictly the opinions of Olympicnut, an AP, and no other AP's out there)

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout
                          IMHO? I thought it meant, "in my humble opinion"! lol

Guess I'm not as humble as I'd thought!
                          Oh shush you are extremly humble my intellectually stimulating friend!

If you are an AP and you go with friends- let them choose but nudge them and urge them away from bad options IE Fastpassing something with a short line like HM when you could use it for Splash Mtn. Try to bring your "joy/excitment level" up to theirs and please please please don't tell them all the really good juicy Disney secrets and Mouse tales---just the really good ones.

Comment

Some people will wait 2 hrs. in line for splash mountain. I'm not one of those. So it comes down to philosophy. Mine and yourn.
                            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I used to take my friends to DL all the time a few years ago. We would get sick of eachother very fast and after the trip we wouldn't talk for a few weeks.

I tried to take make their trip to DL a very magical time, but they were bored, made fun of me, and wanted to go back to the hotel asap!

So now I have a few friends who live in SoCal, and they love Disneyland!! I see them once every 2 months.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X