Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More on Disneyland Hotel Update

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More on Disneyland Hotel Update

    I suppose you could call this an update on an update. I know this was the topic of discussion on a previous thread but here is the lastest on the name changes coming to the Disneyland Hotel




    Date: 08/03/2007


    On Aug. 13 the Disneyland Hotel will change the names of the three hotel towers, meeting and event spaces. The name changes are part of the Resort's ongoing commitment to supporting the Disney brand and to make it easier for Guests to navigate the property. The tower changes include the following: the Marina Tower will become the Magic Tower, the Sierra Tower will become the Dreams Tower and the Bonita Tower will become the Wonder Tower. The Disneyland Hotel ballrooms and 52 other meeting spaces are being renamed to reflect the Disney brand, specifically the brand of the Disneyland Resort. Names such as Fantasy, Frontier, Tomorrow and Adventure align with the themes already associated with the Resort. Additionally, Marina Sundries will be changed to Donald's Gifts and Sundries.
    :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

  • #2
    Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

    I read this somewhere before, except for the shop's name change. It's sad to see the old names go.

    INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel


    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

      hrumph~! Just cuz the suits decided to change the names doesn't mean *I* have to! Not doin' it. Can't make me.
      Just countin' the days til the next visit!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

        Originally posted by All4dISNEY View Post
        hrumph~! Just cuz the suits decided to change the names doesn't mean *I* have to! Not doin' it. Can't make me.

        I just a memo this afternoon, which actually allows management a writer forcing you to use the new names. It's in a contract you sign when entering Disney property, sorry for the inconvienience
        :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

          I can hardly wait....

          But anyways, thanks for the info!

          Is the names all they are changing or are there actually going to be updates around the property as well?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

            And the Disneyland Hotel will change its name to the Los Angeles Hotel of Disneyland, right?

            Basically what you're telling us is that suckage will come to the Disneyland Hotel. As if we didn't see that coming.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

              Are they also planning on remodeling the hotel so it looks more Victorian? Like the other Disneyland Hotels in HK, Paris and the new one in Tokyo?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

                Kinda' glad that we aren't having the co-op convention there now!

                Person one:"Where are you going during the 10am hour?"
                Person two:"Oh I am going to see the Oeey Gooeey Lady in the Fantasy room."
                Person one: "I'm going to the preschooler art exhibit in the adventure room."
                That could be bad.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

                  Originally posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
                  And the Disneyland Hotel will change its name to the Los Angeles Hotel of Disneyland, right?

                  Basically what you're telling us is that suckage will come to the Disneyland Hotel. As if we didn't see that coming.
                  I guess so... Disneyland hotel is just another boring hotel..... What was once a great place to stay and have plenty of things to do while not at the park.... is now dull and magicless....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

                    Originally posted by All4dISNEY View Post
                    hrumph~! Just cuz the suits decided to change the names doesn't mean *I* have to! Not doin' it. Can't make me.
                    I'll join you. I never stopped calling them the "Oakland" Raiders, and I got my way! This might work for the hotel. Maybe we should call that useless area in the back, "Fantasy Waters..," and see what that will bring.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

                      Dreams, Magic, Wonder... don't tell me they are going to turn the Disneyland Hotel into some Cruise Ship flogging tie-in!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

                        Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
                        I can hardly wait....

                        But anyways, thanks for the info!

                        Is the names all they are changing or are there actually going to be updates around the property as well?
                        There will be a few comestic changes coming to the hotel, I discussed this with Squidmo in PM form, and he was able to find out that the resort recently applied for a permit with the city to:

                        "Remove architectural overhangs and portion of exist. roof sections to prepare exist. structure for new addition ".

                        From what I've been able to gether, this means the removal of the balconies and half balconies from the exterior of the towers.
                        :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

                          Originally posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
                          And the Disneyland Hotel will change its name to the Los Angeles Hotel of Disneyland, right?

                          Basically what you're telling us is that suckage will come to the Disneyland Hotel. As if we didn't see that coming.
                          Like so many other things in the area the Disneyland Hotel used to be something very special indeed...beginning with that lovely sign that could be seen from far away that many of us still miss.

                          Now it's like so much else in the resort...bland, homogenized...I think a plan to rename it "Disney Parks" Hotel is the next logical step.

                          Not all we call progress, is progress.

                          -Barry
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

                            Originally posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
                            I suppose you could call this an update on an update. I know this was the topic of discussion on a previous thread but here is the lastest on the name changes coming to the Disneyland Hotel




                            Date: 08/03/2007


                            On Aug. 13 the Disneyland Hotel will change the names of the three hotel towers, meeting and event spaces. The name changes are part of the Resort's ongoing commitment to supporting the Disney brand and to make it easier for Guests to navigate the property. The tower changes include the following: the Marina Tower will become the Magic Tower, the Sierra Tower will become the Dreams Tower and the Bonita Tower will become the Wonder Tower. The Disneyland Hotel ballrooms and 52 other meeting spaces are being renamed to reflect the Disney brand, specifically the brand of the Disneyland Resort. Names such as Fantasy, Frontier, Tomorrow and Adventure align with the themes already associated with the Resort. Additionally, Marina Sundries will be changed to Donald's Gifts and Sundries.

                            They're renaming two of the hotels after the two existing cruise ships?( What do you want to bet one of the two new "unnamed" ships will be called "Disney Dreams")

                            Talk about synergy
                            IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: More on Disneyland Hotel Update

                              I'm no longer interested in staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X