Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have info on the Tahitian Terrace coming back?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have info on the Tahitian Terrace coming back?

This thread is not meant to raise any false hopes.

I'm just trying to follow up on something another MC'er posted in another thread...to the effect that it is definitely "coming back".

I used to work at both main restaurants in the Plaza Pavillion Complex, and would like nothing better than two see both of those fine restaurants return.

But there was no response in the thread where I asked the person in question where he might have gotten that information.

As of June 25, the last time I snuck in to take a look, the entire complex had basically been stripped of all equipment.

Anyone have info? Did I miss something? Disneyland is really missing these eateries IMHO...especially the Tahitian Terrace.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: Does anyone have info on the Tahitian Terrace coming back?

Sorry, can't help you on this one.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

I definitely hope that is true, it sure would be a wonderful thing. I think I remember reading something about it too, but now I can;t recall who it was...

Fingers Crossed!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Hasn't Al been hinting about this? Maybe that's where he got the idea.

Can we put it to a vote? I think Tahitian Terrace was THE place to hang out in Disneyland Park.

Comment

PS One more idea... How about moving it to Downtown Disney or California Adventure so we can order adult beverages? :lol:

Comment

as far as anyone on lower levels knows...there are no plans to bring the tahitian terrace back.....that kitchen is totally stripped....it looks like there was some huge explosion......plus there is technical equipment for the fireworks show housed smack dab in the middle....there's no work currently going on in there.

hopefully someday....

Comment

Lets not.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                PS One more idea... How about moving it to Downtown Disney or California Adventure so we can order adult beverages? :lol:
                Lets not.

Comment

I've heard rumor of it, but with Disney there are a lot of rumors.

Comment

Imagineers love Hawaii... and Aloha Shirts... and Tiki Bars... and Tiki Rooms... and Tahitian Terraces.
                    -Bill

Comment

I've actually heard that Tony Baxtor was very much so planning on bringing this back as part of his plan to bring the classic Disneyland back.

Comment

^ And he's an Imagineer. So is John Lasseter, the guy that made it mandatory dress code at PIXAR to be Aloha Shirts... lol

Look at it this way, anything that has to do with Hawaii or the Sprit of Aloha has a bright future. Except the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show in WDW... that show stinks.
                        -Bill

Comment

I hope the Tahitian Terrace comes back. Disneyland is lacking in good reasturants

Comment

Originally posted by fantoongal View Post
                            as far as anyone on lower levels knows...there are no plans to bring the tahitian terrace back.....that kitchen is totally stripped....it looks like there was some huge explosion......plus there is technical equipment for the fireworks show housed smack dab in the middle....there's no work currently going on in there.

hopefully someday....
                            So that would explain, perhaps, the rack of computers I saw in what used to be the Pavillion frycook area, just off of the dishroom...where the old dishwashing machine still stands, with a "remain" tag hanging on it. As you say, the rest of the area is empty...even the ovens and serving areas that were there even a year ago. How sad.

--Barry
                            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

unless, they're (with the exception of the fireworks equipment... don't know how to explain that one into this) slowly removing these pieces to make way for new equipment? just a thought

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X